Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Update 24.8.0

[DE]Drew

hey, so now we have another kind of riven to go after.  however, i have been having big issues with riven space already, and i don't have the space to delve into a whole new weapon type for rivens.  i was hoping to see the purchasable riven capacity increase when archgun rivens were introduced, and i see that i am disappointed.  please let us buy more capacity DE!

Just now, SortaRandom said:

DZwOSBH.png

DE, I love you, but what the hell has been up with the drop chances of new items over the past 5 months? Ephemera, Wolf mask, and now this.

This needs to stop.

this^ looks like im not getting any of this at all lol

Just now, Purity said:

first point is such facts it's not even funny. People are pretty selfish like that in pubs. Second point is even more facts. Why are we spending so much more time in this. Keep the rotation (abccccc) but ffs, just keep the waves and such normal. It doesn't add difficulty, it makes stuff waaaaay more TEDIOUS.

added something, if you want to comment on this, to my respond xD

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

BE KIND, REVIVE
The rules of Arbitration death have shifted: players are still downed with no bleedout timer, but a Revive tower is now placed at the player’s spot of death. If any squadmate is awaiting Revival, the Arbitration Drones will begin dropping unique pickups known as a “Resurgence Burden”. These pickups function similar to Index points (otherwise known as “Financial Stress”), debuffing the players who carry them. 

In order to revive a player, 5 of these Resurgence Burdens must be taken to their tower simultaneously. These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!

NEW REWARDS
You can now spend Vitus Essence in the Arbitrations Market to purchase Archgun Rivens (if you are below your Riven cap), as well as new cosmetics! The new cosmetic offerings include:

AMPREX TELOS SKIN 
ATOMOS TELOS SKIN 
ATTERAX TELOS SKIN 

This feels like a really tone-deaf update after the dev workshop where you solicited feedback, which was very strongly opposed to this direction.  This revival system is actually going to make things harder if someone dies but doesn't do the courtesy of leaving for the sake of everyone else to spare them the debuffs which will snowball into a team wipe (unless they're playing the meta options for Arbitrations, and then they won't die in the first place).  I'm not playing Arbitrations under this system where will be punished for someone else dying while they get to ride easy and beg me for revival.  You're punishing the players who stay alive for the carelessness of those who aren't paying attention and were facetanking damage.

I also don't understand the revival system because it's completely unclear how you wrote it.  "These 5 pickups can be delivered by one or multiple squadmates, but cannot be “dropped off” at the tower - it’s all or nothing!"  So everyone can pick them up.... but you can only drop them off if you have 5.... so what are the other people picking them up doing it for if "incomplete" (not 5) isn't enough to revive?  Do they get saddled with permanent max hp debuffs if someone else turns in the burdens?  Or do all stacks of the debuff clear as soon as one person drops off, with the risk the other people took completely unnecessary?  This is very vague and sounds bad any way I read it.

The rewards are the biggest joke of all here, though.  The whole point of adding revival, as I understood things, was to make this game mode feel more accessible  to people and to alleviate fear of taking squishy warframes to thus encourage a diversity of warframes instead of just supertanks.... then you offer one cosmetic each for the most meta and tryhard weapon of each type (primary/secondary/melee) as the rewards.  Huh?!?  The ones that people have been spamming because they feel like they have no other option for damage Arbitration drones since they hide behind the invulnerable enemies they create - the things killing pick diversity since mass AoE guns and high-range weapons are their only answer.  It's an enormous slap in the face.  "Don't be afraid to take squishy warframes now, because you can be revived if your Iron Skin Rhino just plays the Index for you, eksdee!  But you may not want to bother because all you're ever going to do is equip the same three weapons and use those accomplish everything in Arbitrations since they are all that can deal with the drones and are superior waveclear, hee hee hee!"  So you're trying to make the game mode more accessible and less meta-enforced..... but you're also subliminally implying with weapon skins that the meta is "correct" after all.

Since I'm not particularly interested in getting more rivens right now because of the space management issue with them and their slots that cost as much as warframe slots, I think it's time I stopped playing Arbitrations.  I used to do it for Endo even though Vodyanoi is faster just because it wasn't the same boring Arena every time.  I was actually able to enjoy a laugh once in a while when I got something like +300% Valkyr and hit attack speed thresholds that defy logic, and then stock up on a bit more Endo in the process.  I didn't find Arbitrations to be a success in making some grand endgame experience, but I didn't think they were a failure the way some people did from the start.  I regret to say that I no longer have this opinion, and Arbitrations are dead to me.

We told you what we wanted.  Faster reward rotations.  Permadeath being ok with some possible revisiting (like the concept I keep proposing and will propose again to use self-revival only because it means you are limited to a few revives but don't instantly terminate your run with a single misstep).  Drones feeling oppressive and like they had no answers.  How turning Arbitrations into the Index would only further reinforce its meta.  But instead we got this, and now I will not be playing it and I will rather be telling new players asking what it is not to bother unlocking it.

Thanks for the update. But to be honest. I’m still not in the mood to play Arbitrations until the pacing gets fixed. None of these rewards feel worth the time it takes to get enough nitain essence.

I mean really? 25 for an arch gun riven? And we didn’t even get more riven slots? (I don’t have room for these). We only use arch guns for one boss fight. The second orb boss doesn’t even have a use for arch guns (and the first orb fight, profit taker, still doesn’t have any good rewards. ALL IT DROPS IS STANDING). I didn’t really see the need to get a riven for a weapon I barely use, and at such a high cost, well it really turns me off. I’d rather spend 50 essence on an emote (which on its own is pretty ridiculous. But at least I’d have more use for the emote than I would for the arch gun riven).

Warframe has various loot across its different game mods and some of them really have value. Right now the most “bang for your buck”, “always worth your time” game modes are relic runs and eidolon hunts. 

Relic runs offer PRIME LOOT! Eidolon hunts have ARCANES! Why isn’t any reward from the ENDGAME MODE even close to being as valuable as PRIME LOOT or ARCANES?

nightwave recently introduced umbral mods. You could drop some of those in for really rare drops? What about adding unique prime mods or something? I know you’re capable of adding good rewards DE. But endo, ayatans, cosmetics and arch gun rivens aren’t it. Keep trying. Make arbitrations WORTH our time.

lol, interesting Bug I just ran into, after the initial 10 waves no Drones ever spawned.

So at wave 27 when someone died we had no way to revive him and got the permanent "a tenno has died, revive him" prompt.

Other then that it seems better then before, enemies seems to spawn faster in Defense at least, would much prefer 5 waves rather then the 10 thou.

Also would have preferred a Syandana or armor rather then the Emote...

TBH if you want me to revive a player who made a bad equipment choice you should not be debuffing me, making me risk my own permanence in the match for the sake of correcting a random PUG's mistake. And forcing me to be helpful by making me pick up the items automatically is just very bad etiquette. it should be a completely optional pick up via a contextual menu just like ayatan stars are.

EDIT: Still, the most critical problem which is the double length rotations should have been fixed first, then take a look at everything else.

I'm not going to complain about the revive since I solo most of the time, and if I'm in a group it is friends only. I didn't do trials with pugs, I ain't doing this with them either b/c I remember old limbo and I still have random migraines when I click public. I'm not dealing with leeches and afkers, so idc. Now the fact that a lot of frames that can't use power strength getting buffed is dumb. I took Ivara once, teammate got near me and a toxic ancient breathed in my general direction, never again. The squishy frames need to be addressed b/c without an Oberon, in a prebuilt team, I'm not taking anyone other than Valkyr and Khora. Rotations taking 10 bloody minutes is annoying I do agree with the community there, but metal music and getting lost in the blender is the reason I can sit in ODS for 2 hours and be in my own world being content for once. However, it would be nice to bring the other frames I like to play into Arbitrations. The squishies need some way to survive is what I'm getting at. Regular Valkyr might be my most used, but I like playing other warframes too DE 😛

The new changes to arbitration feel bad atm.

You can now revive,,,, Fine.

Normal scaling of enemy levels,,,, Fine.

Less overall Arbitration Drones,,,, Fine.

BUT

Since there are so few drones spawning now (went multiple waves in a defense with out seeing one), it could be 10 minutes or more for enough drones to spawn for a revive. Meaning that someone will be getting progressively debuffed while gathering the materials to revive someone.

Add onto that, enemies went from 60 to 90 in the first 10 levels of a defense.  This makes having the rewards given after 10 rounds instead of 5 feel really bad.  With the new scaling it just doesn't mesh.  Some changes were made to make this game mode more appealing, while at the same time there were changes done that makes this mode much less appealing to play.  

I like the ideas here, trying to improve a mode and all.... But for anyone that has played the new iteration: Does this really feel better to play?  To me it feels worse than what was there before.

SIDE NOTE: Any progress on the whole "Arbitration drones are invisible to some color blind people? The pure red thing is just not great DE" 

-NonFat

11 minutes ago, mikakor said:

i can directly add two things that needs to be changed ASAP.

First : The revive towers. people still won't bother. warframe is mostly pub, and almost none of them will cooperate to bring back someone. you have way more chance of this happening if each token can be brought individually.

second : ... please, for the love of the Arbiters of Hexis, change the rotation sizes to be NORMAL. they must be 5 minutes, 5 waves... without touching the prices. they should have never been 10 minutes and just stretch out the missions for a ridiculous amount of time, for no good reasons.

Lastly, about the rivens, maybe that making each SORT of riven ( Secondary, melee, shotgun, rifle ) availabkle to buy at the arbiters of Hexis could HEAVILY stimulate the use of Arbitration mode, as this would actually make someone really works toward one of their riven. peoples will do any mode, if it can take one one of the RNG layer on that triple RNG sandwich. think about it, please!!

i wish i could upvote the crap outta this, this guy gets it, seriously..

2 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

neat. on that note does anyone know why my warframe completely vanishes for the entire mission? has only started happening recently.

Yes, sometimes if you collide with something on a Void Dash your frame becomes invisible to you until you go to Operator mode again, happened to me as well.

hace 2 horas, SQUAKO dijo:

Ocultar contenido

S3O11vg.png

Well ... 4 forma and 10 nitain? ... i rather build 4 frames and potato them with all the potatoes i have in the bank...  tx DE but no tx ..

Just to clarify it's because the nitain not the forma.

Waiting on the next iteration cheers

1 hour ago, Stenu said:

And once again and again and again need to write the same shi.. REPAIT THIS F ENERGY PROBLEM ON WARFRAMES ! I want to use my f. tennoskin skins Again . -_-

WTF2.png

unknown.png

and more. I already have enough of writing about this every time.

Wonderful.  I did futilely decide to hope it had just slipped the notes in the wave of stuff on Arbitration downgrades, but it turns out this isn't fixed even NOW after this many hotfixes.  Ok.  I logged in, and now I'm logging off.  I can't even be bothered to play today's Sortie, or even look at what's on it.  I was already in the process of burning out lately from overdoing it with a Forma polarization spree I inflicted upon myself, and now I'm feeling disappointed with the game on top of it all.  I need a break.

I could have bounced back from how much I'm hating the fact they ignored all the feedback on Arbitrations, but the fact they just ignore two warframes have their entire energy effects completely erased by the frivolous and trivial secondary energy feature that no one asked for after this long... I just want to be able to look at the warframes I spend so much time designing and paid money to support the talented community artists giving them attention without shaking my head at how broken their visuals have become.

because of this revive-me thingy , 4 of us lost a level 39 defense arbitrations, cause 3 of us were stupid enough to take the debuff, go to that station, revive the 4th player but could not protect the arbiters of hexis dude at the same time. ok our mistake our stupidity - lesson learnt.

but is it that what you want ? punish those who stay alive and show some genuine teamplay til the bitter end?

Archived