Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More gear items?

SECURATYYY

I like gear, you like gear, we need more gear.

I'll throw out some suggestions. If you all have any good ideas, I'll add them to this post.

All of these should take regular resources, kind of like ciphers. One time use, but you can hold many.

Suggestions:

• Concussion Grenade- Throw it, it explodes and knocks down enemies. Simple CC, perhaps a Rad proc.
  • Flashbang- Throw it, it blinds enemies for a short time.
  • Shock Grenade- Throw it, zaps enemies and applies the shock proc. (ayyyy a rhyme)
  • Cryo Grenade- Throw it, freezes enemies... OR small hit stun with a cold proc.
  • Napalm Grenade- Throw it, small fire explosion that applies a heat proc. Leaves burning ground that applies heat procs.
  • Bubble Shield- Basically a frost shield with a time limit. Throw it down, and it provides temporary shelter. Kind of like Halo 3 equipment. 60 sec?
  • Barricade- Deployable cover. Use it to block doorways or provide cover. Has a health pool and breaks.
  • Regenerator- Drops an object that heals over time. Similar to Medi-Ray or Oberon's 3. Alternative to health pads. Could break when it takes damage.
  • Shield Charger- Same as above, but for shields. Applies overshields while you're near it and breaks when damaged.
  • Turrets- Basically the air support turret, but without the airship. Has a cooldown, but less than the current 10mins. (give the ship a way better turret to compensate)
  • Sensor- Highlights enemies within X meters. Could show them through walls. Maybe an overlay or a halo around the model.
  • Pet Medi Pack- Consumable that revives a sentinel/MOA or catto/doggo.
  • Reinforcement Beacon- Probably won't happen. Spawns more enemies, or increases their level. Like a beacon, but for regular mobs.

These are just off the top of my head. You have to consider gameplay impact and the potiential for abuse. As in if we had smoke grenades, inevitably there will be a mission with 4 people chucking 200 everywhere just for lulz. The regen/shield chargers may promote 'afk playing'. Anything that can directly troll other players is no bueno, so keep that in mind.

Moar Suggestions:

• Arch-gun Ammo Pad- Restores ammo to your archwing weapon, and only that weapon.1
Edited by SECURATYYY
  • Like 1

Would welcome such actually but on the other hand rather have some warfraems build around such also i can imagine.

But if we get more gear i really would like some QoL, having categorys for them, endless gear was a start but its still a mess to handle around and sort.

You can hotkey specific items. You could have a grenade button, etc. I'm with you though that the wheel is clunky.

Can't really have items that can invalidate frames though. If you had a consumable that made you invisible, Loki would take a hit as a result. Plus that would be pretty op. Invis Saryns :S

2 minutes ago, SECURATYYY said:

Why not?

Not for damage, more for CC but with your choice of fire/cold/etc.

DE literally said they will never do grenades. 

Not to mention the hassle of going into the gear menu every time to use one when an ability will always be the superior choice.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

2 minutes ago, SECURATYYY said:

That's not exactly descriptive enough to infer what you're talking about.

In addition to what Matrix stated: 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE literally said they will never do grenades. 

Not to mention the hassle of going into the gear menu every time to use one when an ability will always be the superior choice.

Vauban's currently being reworked from his grenades. They just dont cut it when, like Mateix said, abilities that do much more are always better.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb SECURATYYY:
  • Turrets- Basically the air support turret, but without the airship. Has a cooldown, but less than the current 10mins. (give the ship a way better turret to compensate)
  • Sensor- Highlights enemies within X meters. Could show them through walls. Maybe an overlay or a halo around the model.
  • Reinforcement Beacon- Probably won't happen. Spawns more enemies, or increases their level. Like a beacon, but for regular mobs.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb SECURATYYY:

Arch-gun Ammo Pad- Restores ammo to your archwing weapon, and only that weapon.1

Really like these ideas (even though the fight against the first spider is the only thing  we would need the ammo for) grenades shields and all the above are just replacing abbilitys so I don’t see the point also would make frames like Frost way less usefull.

Edited by LarryOtter

I was thinking more of supplementing frames with gear. If your teammate is down, throw a flash bang and get them up. (Void mode basically invalidates this) They may not be extremely useful, but they're not meant to be replacements for warframe abilities. They would take resources to craft and would help mitigate spamming them. Also a cool down could be put in place as well. Just situational, totally optional, gear items that have some basic function. Vauban's shiny balls are intrinsic to his theme, and these suggestions shouldn't be replacements for his effects. ((Actually, some of these would be pretty good Vauban skills. Flashbangs and temporary bubbles.))

The bubble shield would last for a short duration, as to not replace frost. His bubble would be superior, but the gear would provide cover for frames that don't have defensive abilities. The grenades are just very brief CC with your flavor of fire/cold/etc. I wouldn't want OP grenades that invalidate Vauban or any other frame. Gear should be situational use that doesn't break gameplay nor provide some unbalanced advantage.

20 hours ago, SECURATYYY said:
  • Concussion Grenade- Throw it, it explodes and knocks down enemies. Simple CC, perhaps a Rad proc.
  • Flashbang- Throw it, it blinds enemies for a short time.
  • Shock Grenade- Throw it, zaps enemies and applies the shock proc. (ayyyy a rhyme)
  • Cryo Grenade- Throw it, freezes enemies... OR small hit stun with a cold proc.
  • Napalm Grenade- Throw it, small fire explosion that applies a heat proc. Leaves burning ground that applies heat procs.
  • Bubble Shield- Basically a frost shield with a time limit. Throw it down, and it provides temporary shelter. Kind of like Halo 3 equipment. 60 sec?
  • Barricade- Deployable cover. Use it to block doorways or provide cover. Has a health pool and breaks.
  • Regenerator- Drops an object that heals over time. Similar to Medi-Ray or Oberon's 3. Alternative to health pads. Could break when it takes damage.
  • Shield Charger- Same as above, but for shields. Applies overshields while you're near it and breaks when damaged.
  • Reinforcement Beacon- Probably won't happen. Spawns more enemies, or increases their level. Like a beacon, but for regular mobs

I like the idea  - sort of - but at the same time feel its not required, and if implemented either be crazy power creep or totally garbage.  DE doesn't do middle ground LOL

Regenerator - not needed with health pads (and airsupport medistation that no one ever uses)
Shield charger - not needed with shield pads
Turrets - what they need to do is make the Xiphos turrets actually useful.  They should scale like specters do - as it is by the time you've been in a mission for 10 minutes waiting for the cool down, throwing out a level 20 turret is useless as it just gets one shot.  They also need to reduce the cool down for ALL the airsupport charges to make them at all useful.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LarryOtter said:

Really like these ideas (even though the fight against the first spider is the only thing  we would need the ammo for) grenades shields and all the above are just replacing abbilitys so I don’t see the point also would make frames like Frost way less usefull.

As someone who often uses the Grattler because blowing stuff up is fun, I would like more archgun ammo.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I like the idea  - sort of - but at the same time feel its not required, and if implemented either be crazy power creep or totally garbage.  DE doesn't do middle ground LOL

Regenerator - not needed with health pads (and airsupport medistation that no one ever uses)
Shield charger - not needed with shield pads
Turrets - what they need to do is make the Xiphos turrets actually useful.  They should scale like specters do - as it is by the time you've been in a mission for 10 minutes waiting for the cool down, throwing out a level 20 turret is useless as it just gets one shot.  They also need to reduce the cool down for ALL the airsupport charges to make them at all useful. 

Yeah they're kind of useless. Just throwing ideas out there in hopes that others can suggest some nice ideas. Although now that I think about it, perhaps they could be used for defense targets/defection/mobile def/etc? Have a way to heal objectives and allies; both warframes and pets.

Also totally agree with the turret. They should all get a boost to make them more relevant. Like the hacking one could disable the alarm for a few minutes... Healing tower could have more uses (or a healing beam like medi-ray and the defection towers)...