Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Forma is a great thing, but...

AetosPrime

Good evening fellow Tenno, 

as of todays update we got a new Forma type which we can use on Aura slots to make them compatible with all mods polarities. This is imho a good step in the right direction.

However, and this is the matter I want to put on the table for discussion here, why can't we use them on any modslot to achieve the same effect ? Simply rename the "Aura Forma" to "Arbitrary Forma" and it all makes perfect sense.

If you really think about it, the only purpose of polarities is to restrict the player in their customization. This problem get even more severe when you have hundreds of polarized weapons to make them viable for high level, and have to use a Forma everytime new mods are released or when you simply want to change things up.

Edited by AetosPrime
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, AetosPrime said:

If you really think about it, the only purpose of polarities is to restrict the player in their customization.

Yep. You restrict your loadout with the upside being able to slot higher cost mods. That's the point of Forma.

Change this trade off and DE just creates new polarities that are exempt from the super Forma. You aren't going to get the ability to halve the cost of every mod you put into a slot without a drawback. DE might as well just make all mods cost 0.

• Like 2

I like (not sure) how DE make us farm any QoL improvement of the game by making us farm very hard (2% drop rate), with a crafting requirement cost (4 built forma, 10 nitains, 6 argons) for a thing that could have been implemented in the game just with a few words, like;

QoL for Aura slot :

We changed the way aura polarities work, since it limited the players in their builds.

You can now apply any aura mods on it! Enjoy!

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 1

The aura forma is awesome! I don't agree with your idea about the "Arbitrary forma", but I heard this news from you first, so thanks!

10 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

i have done hour long arbies every 2-3 days since seeding step, havent got it. i doubt i will ever get an aura forma either.

At least you have a chance to get the aura forma from every rotation, so that's a plus.

Il y a 3 heures, peterc3 a dit :

DE might as well just make all mods cost 0.

Indeed. But it still could be applied to other slots because of its cost. 10 nitains, 4 formas and 100k credits. I doubt that many of us could forma 4 or 5 times every frames and weapons. 

But there is a tread about double polarities slots and it could be a better idea than a universal forma. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

1 minute ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

why do i need an aura forma if i can forma an aura slot with a normal forma?

Because there are frames you might want to equip with aura mods of different polarities, depending on what you're doing, without losing the mod capacity bonus.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

And why it consumes so many nitan

Maybe they want the aura forma to be an "elite" thing, if everyone could run around with them on all their warframes, it wasn't so special anymore. This is just a guess tho, maybe DE thinks their players are kind of masochistic (we kind of really are), and just wanted to please them 😀

5 hours ago, AetosPrime said:

However, and this is the matter I want to put on the table for discussion here, why can't we use them on any modslot to achieve the same effect ? Simply rename the "Aura Forma" to "Arbitrary Forma" and it all makes perfect sense.

If you really think about it, the only purpose of polarities is to restrict the player in their customization. This problem get even more severe when you have hundreds of polarized weapons to make them viable for high level, and have to use a Forma everytime new mods are released or when you simply want to change things up.

This is exactly why I think this whole thing is a bad idea and should be removed immediately and any that have been applied rolled back and deleted.

Its simply opening up the can of worms of "why cant we just stack all polarities on a slot"

As I see it Polarizing a slot is a trade off between making 1 or 2 abilities very powerful at the cost of versatility..

Edited by Jorak_Falconstar

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Because there are frames you might want to equip with aura mods of different polarities, depending on what you're doing, without losing the mod capacity bonus.

Maybe they want the aura forma to be an "elite" thing, if everyone could run around with them on all their warframes, it wasn't so special anymore. This is just a guess tho, maybe DE thinks their players are kind of masochistic (we kind of really are), and just wanted to please them 😀

Thks. Anyways I dont need them so far. All my frames have the right aura. And I am MR27. So it will be a long time before I need one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AetosPrime said:

we got a new Forma type which we can use on Aura slots to make them compatible with all mods polarities.

this was unexpected, where/when did they announce this?

IMO, while I can see what they've tried to do with this, the REAL problem is that Steel Charge is not that great of an Aura by itself, yet is mandatory on a bunch of frames for those all important 4 extra points that are needed for some builds. all Auras should have been bumped up to 18 points, and some of the weaker ones like Physique or EMP need a serious buff. to me this seems like a Band-Aid, and that's not usually a term I throw around a lot.

also, 4 Formas for one Aura Forma? oof. that's a lot of build time for something that doesn't seem all that beneficial right now.

il y a une heure, Jorak_Falconstar a dit :

As I see it Polarizing a slot is a trade off between making 1 or 2 abilities very powerful at the cost of versatility..

Yes and this is why they will never apply it to other slots. The whole principle is based on mod capacity and polarities. If they make it available for the other slots the whole mod system would have no meaning anymore. 

But the aura slot has always been a problem. I wonder how many players did forma-ed their aura slot before this new forma. Personally, 100% of the time I just equiped one with the right polarity for the bonus which totally negates the real interest of this slot. 

The cost of these new forma and their rarity will not allow us to do it on every frame or not before a long time. 

7 hours ago, AetosPrime said:

The impact on the meta would just be too immense. It would mean high end players would need to equip all their polarized slots with this new forma. That's grinding for ages. The backlash would be enormous, for good reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-25 at 1:10 AM, ZeroZX4 said:

when you look at how often you care to change mods in your warframe
is it only me or would exilus slot forma would make more sense?

that would tbh. don't give them ideas lmao. Especially if it costs 4 more forma to make D:

The 4 forma thing just to even build one on it's own stings enough as is x:

Not needed, not overpowered in any way, actually could be a good reward for something really hard, but

.. to craft a pack of 3 you need 10mln creds, 200 argon, 50 nitain, 15 formas and 3 umbral formas. Item has a distinctive aura effect when all mods are slotted and all are arbitrary formad. 

I like it 🙂 My kavat likes it even more. Yes i would 🙂

6 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Aura Forma should be applicable for Melee Stance mod slots. Can’t tell you how many times that area is necessary for some weapons just to slot in a certain stance polarity or open it entirely just to accommodate multiple stance polarities.

tfw you put one on to your melee weapon and find out it's getting a variant right after lmao. might be why they don't have one for melee weapons rn.