Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we get a "switch to primary" and a "switch to secondary" hotkey?

supernils

Right now there is "switch gun" and "switch weapon" which do the same thing.

Switching to the right weapon is a constant fumbling right now. Can we just get a "switch to primary" and a "switch to secondary" hotkey? It would compliment the "switch to melee" key a.k.a. "quick melee"

edit: the problem comes up if you used melee for a longer period and don't remember which ranged weapon you used last.

I mean, what speaks against having these optional keys? How can anyone argue against something optional

Edited by supernils
  • Like 1

I'm not quite sure what the problem refers to: currently, the only thing you can switch to is guns, because switching from guns to melee is done automatically by pressing either the dedicated weapon fire or melee button. It therefore takes only one button tap at any given time to switch to the weapon you want.

On 2019-04-25 at 11:19 AM, AXCrusnik said:

It's not that hard. If you have melee out  use swap gun to go to the firearm you weren't using before initiating melee. It you want to go back to the weapon you were using before melee then aim/shoot. Press switch gun to... switch gun.

You want to impress internet people by claiming you always know which ranged weapon you used minutes ago? That's pretty desperate.

On 2019-04-25 at 2:09 AM, supernils said:

Switching to the right weapon is a constant fumbling right now. Can we just get a "switch to primary" and a "switch to secondary" hotkey? It would compliment the "switch to melee" key a.k.a. "quick melee"

edit: the problem comes up if you used melee for a longer period and don't remember which ranged weapon you used last.

I mean, what speaks against having these optional keys? How can anyone argue against something optional

Regarding that last question

Console, we just don't have room for yet another button

combined with DE's current position, of requiring a Unified Control Scheme and UI across platforms.

its the same reason with melee 2.9 they did the wierdness with channeling/altfire forced to share controls, Consoles ran out of room

Hey I don't like it either; but since I have to put up with with this kludgy virtual-mouse-cursor system, I guess you have to get used to my style of 1button weapon swaps.

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

On 2019-04-25 at 11:09 AM, supernils said:

There is no equip melee key anymore, just quick attack+.

12 hours ago, supernils said:

You want to impress internet people by claiming you always know which ranged weapon you used minutes ago? That's pretty desperate.

I'm not trying to impress anyone... it's not something that's very impressive to be frank, but I am sorry you can't keep track of things that number higher than one. That's pretty sad.

I also see you think I'm arguing against this... I have no problem with adding another optional key, but to call the current implementation "a constant fumbling" is hyperbolic in my opinion. Like I said... it's really not that hard to keep track of 2 firearms.

Edited by AXCrusnik