Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival, (Mobile) Defense and Interception are problematic in general

Petroklos

People have been complaining about the Arbitration Rotations taking too long in anything but Excavation, but I think the problem lies with the modes referenced in the Title and not with Arbitrations. You can see a similar issue with Weekly Nightwave Missions, like the "60 Minutes of Survival".

Most of the time, these Modes feel like a chore to do, waiting for their time limit to pass. I've skipped several Alerts of things I wanted, just because they were one of these Mission Types. And now that Alerts are no more, I do the same with Arbitrations and Nightwave now that I've gotten past Rank30. High Level Survivals can be really fun and heart pumping to play, especially when going at it with Friends, but even then it takes a few Waves before they ramp up to an enjoyable difficulty.

These modes need a Secondary Objective or an Optional Difficulty Increase, which would speed up the Mission. Like how the Defense Phase of the "Blood Relics" Bounties work on the Orb Vallis, where some Enemies drop Data Keys to reduce the Hack Time. Sealing Thermia Fractures shared the same issue and got Updated to enable Players to make them go faster but also be harder.

Some ideas I've hastily thought of:
-Survival: A Second Operative is Jailed somewhere in the Map. Release him and take him to a Personalised Extraction Point to reduce the Time per Wave. This also increases the Life Support drain rate and Enemy Level.
-(Mobile) Defense: Special "Time" Enemies can spawn. These Enemies constantly increase in Power the longer they stay alive. When you Kill them, a chunk of remaining Time gets removed, proportional to how much they've increased in Power. (Risk/Reward)
-Interception: This is the least problematic of these modes, so I have the least drastic change. The Longer you keep all Four Towers under you control, the faster they progress, but also the Enemy Levels start rising, maybe increase the spawns of Stronger Units, like Noxes and Eximus. On Tower Lost: Difficulty and Progression Speed Reset

I don't expect these ideas to be implemented, but I hope that they help to explain what my issue with the Modes is and if they act as food for thought, even better.
Thanks for reading.

ps: while we're at it, please also add Bonus Missions to Bounties on the Plains of Eidolon

Edited by Petroklos

Those things were asked for years ago, no idea why DE never did anything to update their mission structure for so many years.

While movement and weapon play feels great, the missions themselves are bland as hell and fell outdated.
I know people hate when Destiny is brought up, but DE could stand to implement a few of their good ideas - commander units,  mini-objectives.