PakkiTheDog

Option to buy aura forma with plat in market

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Um... like what, for example?

Well form this year alone, how about Ephemera? Shiny cosmetics, can't be bought or traded.

From before that, every. single. Event. weapon. Where it then takes literal years before those weapons even become available again, and even then they're not a purchase, they're a grind item.

I could go on.

3 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I think you're forgetting the biggest one of all, boosters.

Not in the slightest, you still have to go play the game to get the results. If you pay for a booster all that does is double your gains of pickups, this does not make it possible to gain multiples of end-of-mission rewards, such as parts, anything from Vaults, Caches, Moon Puzzles or Derelict Vaults, it just makes the material gain a bit faster.

The free-to-play money grab options are limited to where you can buy something that gives you direct amounts of in-game currency and materials (and yes, some of the materials are there too) and randomised loot box items (of which there are only the mod packs).

3 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Not a single unit of plat in the game exists without being paid for with real money, DE is quite draconian in enforcing that.

Cherry picking or intentionally mis-construing my point doesn't change my point. Plat costs somebody something, yes, but Plat is in flow and players can acquire it without having paid for it themselves. If you do not want to pay for Warframe, you do not have to.

• Like 1

Just now, Birdframe_Prime said:

Well form this year alone, how about Ephemera? Shiny cosmetics, can't be bought or traded. 

No, you referred to powerful items being unobtainable with plat. As you noted, ephemera are mere cosmetics, and as such they don't qualify.

1 minute ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

From before that, every. single. Event. weapon. Where it then takes literal years before those weapons even become available again, and even then they're not a purchase, they're a grind item. 

True, but very few of them are powerful, so they also largely don't qualify. The Supra Vandal is basically the only notable exception I can think of, and even that is a "one-eyed king in the land of the blind" kind of situation, ARs being one of the weakest weapon classes in the game.

2 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The free-to-play money grab options are limited to where you can buy something that gives you direct amounts of in-game currency and materials (and yes, some of the materials are there too) and randomised loot box items (of which there are only the mod packs).

Says who? A free-to-play money grab is anything that incentivizes skipping gameplay with money. Boosters absolutely qualify, cutting down the time you need to farm for materials by half.

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Cherry picking or intentionally mis-construing my point doesn't change my point. Plat costs somebody something, yes, but Plat is in flow and players can acquire it without having paid for it themselves. If you do not want to pay for Warframe, you do not have to.

Sure. It is a free-to-play game after all. But the point that you're intentionally ignoring is that you can't get plat-only items without DE being paid for it.

• Like 3

I don't like the idea of being able to buy it with plat. Unless its like 600p so it helps only the people with low plat to not deal with inflation.

Forma aura is not mandatory for the game, also make worse the Arbiter mission and Pay to Win. 

If you want it, play the game lol. Its free to get it. 

10 hours ago, --Blame-- said:

Forma aura is not mandatory for the game, also make worse the Arbiter mission and Pay to Win. 

If you want it, play the game lol. Its free to get it. 

what about the aura forma exactly is pay to win? it offers no advantage over any other player. go back a page and read. warframe is about grinding and paying for convenience.

by your logic people shouldnt be able to buy warframes because they are free to get.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Um... like what, for example?

I think you're forgetting the biggest one of all, boosters.

Yes it does, every bit of it. Someone paid money for it at some point. Not a single unit of plat in the game exists without being paid for with real money, DE is quite draconian in enforcing that.

De has taken out/slah reworked many old systems to stop people from overspending. Take the old kubrow system in which you paid to randomize. They took it away after someone had spent way to much money into it. From then on they have kept that mindset. As for the boosters, yeah tehya re supposed to be an incentive to buy. DE has to make money some how. As for you third statement, you are correct for the most part,I contest saying that DE has injected their own economy with various plat drops over time, not to say that makes a sent in thebplatinum economy overall but they have. I just had to say this. I hate people with condescending tones. Please do some research before you get pretentious in a forums post

The 2.5% drop chance is a joke, and it's not from minions mind you, it's 2.5% to receive the reward every 10 minutes (roughly).

I don't mind rewards only obtainable through gameplay, but the terribly low drop chance only makes sense when you understand that they basically gave up with trying to provide quality content in a satisfactory rate, instead, they just go the Anthem route, and break loot completely to cover on the lack of content.

I know DE are working on it, they have a humongous task of modernizing warframe, a game that by a lot of aspects is still stuck in 2012, and I really hope they succeed, because i still enjoy the movement and combat, even if everything around it is lackluster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am alright putting some things that are not purchasable with real money incentivize people to actually spend their time in the game and not trade chat. But, the ridiculously low chance for 1 item every 10,20, 30 minutes is a big No No for me. 

Imagine the ridiculously low chance RNG system like this. You spent 400 minutes (40 Rotations) in Arbitrations for that forma or ephemera and then you see another player got that item on his first attempt or rotation, that pisses you off, isn’t it? Even though you have 2.5% chance of getting the forma you still have 97.5% chance of not getting it. 

At least DE’s new way of obtaining the upcoming ephemeras (like the eidolon ephemera) requires you to reach a milestone that guarantees the item is a step in a right direction.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

De has taken out/slah reworked many old systems to stop people from overspending. Take the old kubrow system in which you paid to randomize. They took it away after someone had spent way to much money into it. From then on they have kept that mindset.

No, the guy I was responding to specifically referred to power items being obtainable only through gameplay. Randomizing dog colors is just cosmetic and does not qualify as a source of power, and it being removed completely does not qualify as being obtainable only through gameplay. So really, I have no idea why you're even talking about it, it's not relevant to the issue at hand in any way.

DE has injected their own economy with various plat drops over time

Such as? AFAIK the only free plat you can get is the 50p you get when you make a new account, which you can't even trade to other players, and plat prizes you can win during livestreams, which are a drop in the ocean among the millions of players.

I hate people with condescending tones.

Same. Especially ones who don't pay attention to what they're responding to and end up being condescending while also being completely wrong and off-topic.

Edited by SordidDreams

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

what about the aura forma exactly is pay to win? it offers no advantage over any other player. go back a page and read. warframe is about grinding and paying for convenience.

by your logic people shouldnt be able to buy warframes because they are free to get.

Warframe is mantadory for the game, unlike this formas

2.5% untradable bp with rather expensive cost is something ridiculous, at least we should be able to buy or trade BP.

The biggest problem here is note that people play the mission because of the reward, and JUST for the reward, not because it is satisfatory to play and spend time having fun.
DE must drastically change missions such as survival and defense to make them more interesting to continue in them beyond the C rotation.

And when I say interesting, it's not throttling down more things that encourage the farm, like credit boost and feature (as it happens in relics missions)

But literally make missions that you feel full satisfaction of playing, a similar sense of satisfaction when you manage to win a team fight in a MOBA and turn the game, a mix of euphoria, satisfaction and adrenaline. Play warframe after you stabilizes, become a  compulsion to collect things and look somehow powerful or pretty (fashionframe) and I believe that these values should be only a small part of the game, not their main purpose.

Mogamu talked about this in a video called "Warframe Does This ... A LOT" for anyone who wants to understand this view of the problem

12 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

2.5% untradable bp with rather expensive cost is something ridiculous, at least we should be able to buy or trade BP.

The purpose of this mission is that you deserve these things for effort, all the talk Arbiters believe.
If this Blueprint was to be marketed, then it should not be a reward from Arbiters.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

The purpose of this mission is that you deserve these things for effort, all the talk Arbiters believe.
If this Blueprint was to be marketed, then it should not be a reward from Arbiters.

Well, that's fine.

Aura forma doesn't need to be reward of arbitration.

Edited by Test-995
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

Warframe is mantadory for the game, unlike this formas

this has no relevance to my post, nor did it answer the question i asked you.

5 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

The biggest problem here is note that people play the mission because of the reward, and JUST for the reward, not because it is satisfatory to play and spend time having fun.

I have yet to see a game that is played just for the sake of gameplay itself. Getting rewars is the fun, and has been since the dawn of video games. Even something as simple as Tetris has a high score for you to beat. A game without a goal is not a game, it's a toy.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I have yet to see a game that is played just for the sake of gameplay itself. Getting rewars is the fun, and has been since the dawn of video games. Even something as simple as Tetris has a high score for you to beat. A game without a goal is not a game, it's a toy.

Gameplay itself? Counter Strike, any MOBA, Hearthstone and card games, Starcraft, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. 
You're playing video games not for fun but for rewards, I think maybe something's wrong.

14 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this has no relevance to my post, nor did it answer the question i asked you.

My point I already explained talking to the Test-995. If it is to be bought, then it should not be in Arbiters.

All that is on the Arbiters missions are rewards of effort, Arbiters missions are made for players who ENJOY difficulty (at least in theory, but that's another problem), they like to grind. Putting the rewards of Arbiters on the market nullifies the whole idea, even if it is a PvE game.

Edited by --Blame--

1 minute ago, --Blame-- said:

My point I already explained talking to the Test-995. If it is to be bought, then it should not be in Arbiters.

All that is on the Arbiters missions are rewards of effort, Arbiters missions are made for players who ENJOY difficulty (at least in theory, but that's another problem), they like to grind. Putting the rewards of Arbiters on the market nullifies the whole idea, even if it is a PvE game.

again with this logic warframes should not be buyable because then whats the point in doing assassination to get the blueprints.

putting arbiter rewards in the market will offer an alternative to grinding.

Just make it purchasable for Vitus Essence in the very least to have a failsafe against bad RNG.

1 minute ago, Xhobract said:

Just make it purchasable for Vitus Essence in the very least to have a failsafe against bad RNG.

its the same reason why sortie needs some kind of token system like arbitration. play the mode to get currency used to spend on what you want.

I can safely say making Aura Forma purchasable wouldn't hurt anything. There would be actually very few people who would use it and even more fewer people who will buy it. Making it a rare drop is a turn off especially with the recent arbitration changes.

It could just be a purchaseable bp for 500k or something since farming 4 formas would already cost a lot of time/plat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

again with this logic warframes should not be buyable because then whats the point in doing assassination to get the blueprints.

putting arbiter rewards in the market will offer an alternative to grinding.

I dont care if you can buy a Aura Forma, at all.
The issue here is: This Forma is a Arbiter Reward

As I see it, arbiters rewards are like trophies, you can not buy medals, you know? That's all, a matter of game narrative, not mechanics or pay to win.
if they took that form out of Arbiters and put it on the market, I would be satisfied.

PS:
All this talk of being able to buy a reward that comes from Arbiters sounds like asking me to set fire to New Loka and asking Red Veil to be kind and social

Edited by --Blame--

8 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

I dont care if you can buy a Aura Forma, at all.
The issue here is: This Forma is a Arbiter Reward

As I see it, arbiters rewards are like trophies, you can not buy medals, you know? That's all, a matter of game narrative, not mechanics or pay to win.
if they took that form out of Arbiters and put it on the market, I would be satisfied.

PS:
All this talk of being able to buy a reward that comes from Arbiters sounds like asking me to set fire to New Loka and asking Red Veil to be kind and social

you are right. you can't buy medals, but vitus is a currency used to pay for items. you can also trade arbitration end mission rewards for currency as well. in this game everything can be bought with a currency. if they removed it from arbitration to put on the market i too would be fine with that.

25 minutes ago, --Blame-- said:

Gameplay itself? Counter Strike, any MOBA, Hearthstone and card games, Starcraft, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc. 

Doesn't CS have skins and stuff you can get? Same with mobas. Hearthstone and similar games have not only cosmetics but actual progression systems where you gain new cards. And all PvP games have player rankings, i.e. high scores, and climbing those is the reward. Come back when a game removes all that stuff and doesn't die instantly.