[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.8.1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Fazel412 said:

Also, for those whining about MirageKnight's complaint about speed buff from Volt, the keyword is "spam". Volt casting it once or twice isn't a huge deal. It's when Volt keeps mashing the 2 key for constant speed buff that some people get irritated, because having to backflip constantly just to get rid of it... does get annoying after more than like 2 times. I for one don't want it on Titania because I crash into walls alot with it, though it is funny to see Titania blitz through the skies like a jet fighter.

That being said, idk how DE can change this. Probably the best you could do is suggest that Volt players not have any range for the speed buff or something *shrug*

It is not the speed itself, it is not even speed-spamming, it is the whole idea of being unvoluntarily "speed-forced" by another player. Hurts my integrity, makes me feel like starting a "#Speedtoo" movement. And I actually mean that.

I can foresee no mechanic (other than the backflip or equivalent) that would still allow Volt to speed up the whole squad (when actually needed). However, one small improvement could be to use the same mechanic as with Ivara's arrrows (and a few other abilities here and there) and make a quick key press speed up Volt only (= the warframe actually using the ability) and a long key press speed up the whole squad (if within range). This would allow Volt spammers to spam ludicrous speed on themselves for instant gratification without messing up the game for everyone else. It would also put a clearer focus on those Volt players that would continue to speed up the whole squad after being asked to stop (since they now would have an option of only speeding themselves up).

Finally, if a speed-spammer bugs you out during a capture mission (which seems to be every speed-spammer's wet dream mission), just don't go to the extraction. Nothing bugs a speed-spammer more than having to stand around that extra time waiting for extraction to kick in. This said, a nice moderate speed increase will actually save a little time for everybody (AFTER the mission & potential reactant collection has been dealt with and all that is left is moving to extraction). And if "moderate" is an unknown concept, look it up.

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 2
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 5

Please allow us to drop off points (either on ground or at revival tower), make them manually collectible, or mark them on the map. Even with vacuum disabled we are still forced to picked them up if we don't see them or miss them if we are going too fast in search for more enemies. A issue is not the revival but when we are debuffed and that we don't have that choice. \Which means a player may feel the pressure to get rid of the debuff points and abandon an objective such as popping life support, protecting extractor or defence target in order to not die. I use melee quite a lot with life steal in arbitration. In a crowd of infested I cannot control if I will collect the points.  So in order to avoid this I will need to resort to guns and lose my combo counter. Which also forces me out of my game playstyle. It feels a bit limiting to me. Again, this is about choice. I have not yet tested the points visibility with the new color change, but I know it gets crazy colourful in infested missions sometimes. I just hope this for now is enough.  

Another thing I have been noticing since yesterday. Even if there are no drones nearby, I get enemies with the arbitration drone aura. Those enemies are invincible for a period of time but after can be killed. This has been an issue on Corpus missions only so far. Here are some images https://imgur.com/a/2bQDFeA 

Another issue I have when I host endless missions (in all game modes) is that if someone is extracting I get a notification for a few seconds and then it disappears. Which makes me assume the person was maybe just looting in the area. If I don't see a notification there is no reason for me to assume someone is leaving. But they eventually end of leaving. I only have that issue when I host. While this is not too big of a deal as it is not causing a host migration, I would like to know if teammates are extracting.  

And a general request, for non arbitration and none nightmare missions, please increase extraction time to 60 second for separate extraction or/and add an indication the host is in the extraction area. 30 seconds are not enough to cross a large map, and often the host does not communicate nor will wait when asked. Unfortunately due to map size, squad spread over multiple tiles, the time limit, and waypoints overlap  it is sometimes impossible to know who is extracting. Sometimes I am fine with host migration, but sometimes I would like not to risk it. Surely I am not alone in this.   

12 minutes ago, Crasharr said:

My Gara will have a word with you sir...

You sure you want me to add her to my list? 😛

I know her 4 can have really impressive range and damage, but I've seen her get easily out-ranged.

4 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Instead of having to ask every single volt player to not boost me, then have to deal with the likely occurrence of getting told off for "telling them how to play" it would be better for everyone involved if there was a toggle option for skills like speed that simply opted you out of it. That way people who dont want it dont have to waste time asking only to possibly be told off and then have to modify how they play to suit someone else's whims and volt players can spam as much as they like with no negative effect to them.

A toggle is literally win win situation for everyone involved.

Indeed! We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

• Like 5
  • Woah 1

I like when some people are talking about "game problems" and "to do things", but demands like "give us button that disables ally buffs" is completly BS, you ALREADY have a way do get rid of it, but no, you need more and more, and you just do not realise how hard and complex it wold be and how much "bugs" may it cause. And you really dont think about it.

• Woah 2

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

You sure you want me to add her to my list? 😛

I know her 4 can have really impressive range and damage, but I've seen her get easily out-ranged.

Indeed! We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

It doesnt hurt octavia players to have them muted and it benefits those who dont want to hear what passes for "music" to most octavia players. I cant think of any way a volt player could be negatively affected by someone opting out of getting affected by speed.

• Applause 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TheGreenFellow said:

This is why I purposefully limit my Volt to Umbral Intensify. Not too much, not too little.

The Volt problem is yet another symptom of the overall modding power-spike problem, where there are just WAY too many mods offering multipliers upon multipliers upon multipliers for Warframes and weapons alike.

Why in the everliving hell did they switch to invervals??? That sounds so much better!

Really D.E.? Ugh.

some of us had been talking about power spike through modding in the game for quite a bit now. primed mods didnt help, rivens didnt help, and how they keep avoiding reworking damage and energy economy.

i was against the defense change because it made defense easier and longer. tough enemies used to spawn through out each wave rather than at the end of the rotation. leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1

13 минут назад, LordPantaloonsthe3rd сказал:

nope, only for you, because volt players dont care about you so they are not even envolved in this , DE is in not in "win" side either because they will need to spend hours to implement this feature and then fix trillion of bugs caused by your "wish". So yeah, on paper all win, but in reality only you. If you dont like smth, play with your friends-solo-premade party. You are asking the game to fix YOUR problem with people.

• Woah 3
  • Applause 3

1 hour ago, Fazel412 said:

I'm going to be perfectly honest. The vacuum thing and the permanent debuff thing should have not seen the light of day when you were developing the revive system in the first place. I don't really expect you, or any developer for that matter, to be able to literally think of every single way to break your system or something, but these two should have been noticed and caught from the beginning.

Everyone uses vacuum (or fetch, if using pets instead of sentinels). You had to have known this given that people have asked for universal vacuum for... years, I think?

People lose connection a lot. Host migration remains a constant frustration. You had to have known this based on the countless complaints about host migrations.

Well, whatever. Thanks for changing it.

Also, for those whining about MirageKnight's complaint about speed buff from Volt, the keyword is "spam". Volt casting it once or twice isn't a huge deal. It's when Volt keeps mashing the 2 key for constant speed buff that some people get irritated, because having to backflip constantly just to get rid of it... does get annoying after more than like 2 times. I for one don't want it on Titania because I crash into walls alot with it, though it is funny to see Titania blitz through the skies like a jet fighter.

That being said, idk how DE can change this. Probably the best you could do is suggest that Volt players not have any range for the speed buff or something *shrug*

They should make passing through volt shield give players the speed buff. And then give volt superjump

Or something

😂🍨🍧🍰🥤

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Instead of having to ask every single volt player to not boost me, then have to deal with the likely occurrence of getting told off for "telling them how to play" it would be better for everyone involved if there was a toggle option for skills like speed that simply opted you out of it. That way people who dont want it dont have to waste time asking only to possibly be told off and then have to modify how they play to suit someone else's whims and volt players can spam as much as they like with no negative effect to them.

The problem with this idea is that this can go a few ways, one of which is being a universal toggle for all buffs, separate toggles, or some weird concept that I can't think of at the moment. A universal toggle would be awful. Toggles for each individual buff would be nice, but then you have to consider how this would work as far as implementation goes and I can only imagine it would get pretty buggy pretty fast, and be painful to implement, despite how simple the idea seems. Seems kind of one-sided as far as 'win-win' goes tho

Have you actually been told off for asking a volt to not speed buff you? That doesn't really force them to change the way they play, they just have to have a degree of situational awareness, which anyone should probably have already.

smh this whole thing just seems stupid when I take a step back, like why is this even an issue.

Edited by Krylia_Viru

1 minute ago, Krylia_Viru said:

The problem with this idea is that this can go a few ways, one of which is being a universal toggle for all buffs, separate toggles, or some weird S#&$ that I can't think of at the moment. A universal toggle would be awful. Toggles for each individual buff would be nice, but then you have to consider how this would work as far as implementation goes and I can only imagine it would get pretty buggy pretty fast. But yeah, it would be a win-win situation I guess.

Have you actually been told off for asking a volt to not speed buff you? That doesn't really force them to change the way they play, they just have to have a degree of situational awareness, which anyone should probably have already. smh this whole thing just seems stupid when I take a step back, like why is this even an issue.

no one is asking for a toggle to turn of damage buffs. a toggle specifically for ally movement speed attack speed is all. these are the 2 most notorious "can happen to you that will disrupt your playstyle" effects. both can be modded for personally, and if someone wants the buffs through a different means they can use the frames that give them, or toggle immunity off.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Put UMBRAL forma as reward from Arbitration or its still pointless trash

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, burem0n0 said:

This. This would be wonderful. Just need a way to make it so we don't suddenly have a pile of umbral forma.

Edited by Krylia_Viru
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, burem0n0 said:

they might as well go all in since umbral was supposed to be exclusive. we know how that went though lol.

• Haha 1

2 минуты назад, burem0n0 сказал:

this would only make it more trash because you have only 5-6 umbra mods and in the blink of an eye you will have 100+ spare umbra formas

• Woah 2

1 час назад, MirageKnight сказал:

Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced.

This so stupid arguements :DDDD Oh, aoe frame aoe killing enemies, noooo *cryings*  

and tanks probably tanking. 

and supports - better support. 

No shi Sherlock. 

Nobody should Balance aoe-frames to non-aoe frames in clear speed,lol. Its not “balance”, its just ruining their specialization. 

• Haha 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Resurgence Burdens are no longer affected by Vacuum.

Thank you, but i would prefere an option to prevent the accidental pick up.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Alad V: "Tenno, you know, we may not always see eye to eye... well, you don't have eyes..."

Fixed Alad V not having any eyeball textures.

q9khzibd1x911.png

• Haha 6

Только что, Lord_Dio_Brando сказал:

this would only make it more trash because you have only 5-6 umbra mods and in the blink of an eye you will have 100+ spare umbra formas

strange logic. We have like 30+ frames and 300+ weapons, where we can use umbra mods. and every of them can eat formas. And with 2% dropchance i still having only 1 ephemera from arbitration. For like 15-20 hours. In a blonk of an eye 100+? huh? can u teach me ur amazing math?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Evhel.nVbs said:

Thank you, but i would prefere an option to prevent the accidental pick up.

47 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they could just use the kuva survival way and have them be batteries that you take to the revive tower. that index BS needs to go.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, maciejs said:

Can you elaborate on this one? The game is not paused technically (ie. it's updating), but as far as AI/most systems go, they wait (plus there is a spawn invincibility). What is the problem exactly?

Almost missed your post - and thanks for the reply and for reading! What seems to happen at times is you'll hear enemies doing their vocals / taunts...and firing as well. This can be problematic if there's an objective that needs to be defended. Also, if there's a mission timer and the migration takes too long, it can really punish players.

I've also run into issues where the game DIDN'T upgrade during a host migration...and got disconnected and lost everything up to that point.

If anyone would like to contribute to this particular discussion by adding specific things they've noticed, please do so! The more info that DE has that can help them, the better.

Edited by MirageKnight

2 minutes ago, Lord_Dio_Brando said:

nope, only for you, because volt players dont care about you so they are not even envolved in this , DE is in not in "win" side either because they will need to spend hours to implement this feature and then fix trillion of bugs caused by your "wish". So yeah, on paper all win, but in reality only you. If you dont like smth, play with your friends-solo-premade party. You are asking the game to fix YOUR problem with people.

Thats a pretty trash attitude you have there and bonus points for pulling out the tired old "premade party" crap like its an actual solution. Its hardly just my problem judging by the others here who share a similar opinion but I like how you try to spin it like that to try to dismiss what I'm trying to say.

overall 3/10 mediocre post

6 minutes ago, Krylia_Viru said:

The problem with this idea is that this can go a few ways, one of which is being a universal toggle for all buffs, separate toggles, or some weird S#&$ that I can't think of at the moment. A universal toggle would be awful. Toggles for each individual buff would be nice, but then you have to consider how this would work as far as implementation goes and I can only imagine it would get pretty buggy pretty fast. Seems kind of one-sided as far as 'win-win' goes tho

Have you actually been told off for asking a volt to not speed buff you? That doesn't really force them to change the way they play, they just have to have a degree of situational awareness, which anyone should probably have already. smh this whole thing just seems stupid when I take a step back, like why is this even an issue.

Yea a universal toggle would be a bad idea as it would shoot down buffs that I doubt anyone would turn down outside of a few select scenarios like renewal on a garuda trying to use her passive. So individual toggles would be the better idea of the two but theres also not many skills that I think would apply here, Volt Speed and Zephyr's Turbulence with its Jet Stream augment come to mind as the most disruptive though the latter is very rare cause who playes zephyr amirite lol *cries*. So buffs like damage/armor/health/etc wouldnt really need a toggle, the only other thing that comes to mind that some people might not want would be the melee speed boost from Valkyrs warcry but imo thats not really disruptive like a random speed boost is.

As for being told off for asking volts to not boost or not spam speed I've been told off enough to make me debate leaving a game if I see a volt to avoid the whole situation entirely but that gets old and annoying fast and with host migrates being like they are I would prefer to avoid migrating people as much as possible if I'm hosting. Overall I can see that it seems like a silly issue when you take a few steps back but the problem is the lack of situational awareness and/or lack of care for others is what makes this a problem in the first place.

As for introducing more bugs DE seems to do that at a pretty constant rate anyways so I dont see how it would be a change from the status quo(not bashing DE thats just how it is).

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Fixed a Corpus Archwing level hole as reported here:

No more space vacations for me.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Lord_Dio_Brando said:

you ALREADY have a way do get rid of it, but no, you need more and more

No, we really don't. The odd speed buff here and there with 150% str and 20s duration isn't what we're talking about. The 8s boost at 300% str. You can backflip to shave a few seconds off it, but it's just coming back in 6 more seconds.

The most dreaded sound in the game is SPEEEDspam SPEEEDspam.

Personally, when that happens, I just sit down and wait for them to go finish the mission. The other really good way out is to simply abort.

Edited by PalmerEldritch3s
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Baruuk's 4 still doesn't trigger Life Strike/Healing Return on the waves (Excalibur's exalted melee waves do).