[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.8.1

Posted (edited)

I agree with those who want a permanent opt-out of Volt's speed. I'd love to see an option like that and I'll keep aborting when I get squad up with a speed happy Volt.

I don't like it, it's not fun for me nor helping me, all it does if break my flow and muscle memory. If I want to move fast, I'll take Mirage or Titania with Telos Boltace and outrun most Volt players. If I want melee attack speed I'll take Valkyr. More that that, the only time I manage to down myself with the Corinth's alt-fire was thanks to such Volt with very unfortunate timing. 

As for Arbitration - DE, please. You have tens of pages full of feedback from players who actually played this game mod (Which you clearly don't) and are telling you loud and clear what are the actual problems with it, non of those got addressed with the recent 'revisit'. Please take the time to read those carefully, rethink about this game mod purpose, identity and reward structure. So we could all have a fun, challenging and rewarding game mod that don't feel like a time-wasting, unrewarding endless grind for those 2.0% chance rewards buried under unwanted filler.

Don't let it become another Archwing/Conclave/Lunaro - a dead game mod nobody touch.

Edited by CombustibleLemones
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

2 минуты назад, Melanholic7 сказал:

strange logic.

logic is strange you know?

3 минуты назад, Melanholic7 сказал:

And with 2% dropchance i still having only 1 ephemera from arbitration

thats how drop chances work
some get some does not

3 минуты назад, Melanholic7 сказал:

In a blonk of an eye 100+? huh?

escalating it to even 1-2-3 "new" umbra mods per 2 years you still outfarm formas pretty fast, and dont tell me you will use  them on 100% of mele weapons, it is silly. Whith frames i agree. And even if we escalate it even further beyond, getting forma every week or so, you will get 51+ formas per year wich will make 17 frames with 3 umbra polarity, and will take you about 2-3 years to max them. But this is a lot of time you will say. Yeah a lot but such an idea ruins all "exclusivity" of umbra in the first case. And yeah it is a good idea but "in time you will know the tragic extent of my failing"

• Woah 4

Posted (edited)

Just an idea because I believe most of these changes (except the scaling) are making this quote on quote "ENDGAME" mode worse and just a little casual, underwhelming mode. Here I feel is a compromise: Make an insta death mode an option for those that want more of a challenge (maybe give more vitus essence per rotation for this harder mode maybe even just 2-3 vitus essence per rotation) and plus the revive doesn't work very well in public squads and most players tend to not coordinate very well unlike an organised squad and many just die and leave. This is meant to be an "endgame" mode and I believe this revive system just makes this only slightly harder mode (than regular higher lvl missions like Mot) easier. And also think of more stuff like the Aura forma for rewards not skins. This is endgame, not lets collect some skins, they are a nice addition just in the wrong place. If you do something like this (my personal suggestion I am not trying to demand I am just suggesting),you are actually rewarding us for this "ENDGAME" mode, not giving us a few cosmetics that will satisfy us for about 2 minutes. And as a last note, look at what your partners are saying, they have loads of ideas and feedback to make this mode better, please listen to them, they are there to help.

Edited by SuperSmog

38 минут назад, MirageKnight сказал:

Indeed! We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

because again, turning off "sound" is a lot way easier than a part of the game code with a bunch of rules, exeptions, formulas, server cheks and other good stuff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

Improvements and fixes are always (and should be) appreciated when they arrive. That being said, the following is a reminder that there are still no fixes for the following bugs and issues:

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us to opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

No issues or bugs in the above, you must play with randoms/public squads, stick to your inner circle of friends, if I help players in pubs I ignore if their is what you call a nuke frame in there, on Hydron I personally couldn't care less who gets the kills doing that defense it's better the faster it goes.

With Volt's speed try taking your finger off the sprint key and go back to normal speed sort of, I find it funny when the speed boost hits, especially in a tight spot having to then dodge stuff faster than you would normally and all laughing about it. 🙂

I do find it frustrating when players complain about warframes and their ability's just because it affects them and they've let it get to them, problem is DE sometimes listens to minority factions and the rest of us cop the fallout from it when warframes get nerfed and the fun is gone from them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

4 минуты назад, Slayer-. сказал:

you must play with randoms/public squads, stick to your inner circle of friends, if I help players in pubs I ignore if their is what you call a nuke frame in there

i have said it to him before and he just "joke" about it instead of actual reply, so dont even try bothering. =*

• Woah 2
  • Upvote 1

Complete and utter disregard for community feedback on arbitration pacing.

I want your game to be more successful, but right now all you deserve is a figurative slap in the face TBH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 3

@[DE]Megan

a good jump in the right direction. but there is still many, many more things.

First : the tokens can still be took by accident, which no one is gonna like that. we need a way to drop them. period.

Second : They must be pick-able the same way ayatan stars, power cells, ayatan sculpture does. by actually pressing the button the take it. WILLINGLY.

Third : if you really don't want to add a way to drop them, then you must change the way the revive mechanic works. i don't want to have to risk my life for a weak tenno that didn't brought in proper equipment. if i have to pay and suffer for others mistakes, then at least make it easier. make it so each token can be brought individually.

Lastly : Again, you must understand this, and it will be repeated as much as needed until you actually, finally, do it.... People. Want. Normal. Timed. Rotation rewards. 5 minutes. 5 waves. normal timed excavator. it's not hard to get, and despite all your efforts to not do it, that's stillone of the major problems why people don't go there. the amount of time VS rewards is simply not worth it. you can do better than that. you just have to change a few numbers.

Also, i will quote myself from the previous thread to make sure it stays near, as it explain better everything, and will cross out the problems that have been fixed.

"

First : the revive token NOT being automatically picked up, especially not with vacuum. you are PUNISHING other players for the mistake of a weak chain. this token behavior should only be a thing if you are NOT forced to bring the 5 revival token at the same time. if you could drop them one by one, then ok, fine, i will GLADLY try to revive my teammates since i can get rid of this debuff anytime i want, while helping. but FORCING this mechanic on other still living players? you guys want to drive off everyone away from multiplayer arbis? do you even play the game mode? or have read the feedback? like, have you READ the feedback, and not just forced your own ideas of what you wanted in the mode?

second : you guys clearly haven't understood yet that what peoples want from arbitration is NORMAL ROTATIONS?! how hard can it be to get?  everyone in this thread is asking for this. are you going to IGNORE this feedback even longer? you asked feedback. here is it. people. want. 5. damn. minutes. rotations. normal excavator timer, and 5 WAVE ONLY rotations. it's not hard to get, and you clearly don't want to, but guess what? that's how a lot more people will come to play. if you try other pointless "IMPROVEMENTS" ( With very big quotes, because the revival system is NOT, in any shape or form, an improvement It is improving, but still shouldn't be an auto pickup. ) that continue to punish strong players, then it's never going to work.

Third : 25 vitus essence for an archgun riven? Guys, you seem like you forgot that a majority of players don't even bother with archguns. and now you're making them even less desirable, with rivens that takes way too much time to acquire? 20, or 15 vitus would be a fair price. not 25...

Here. i hope this get clear, because when you asked for feedback, you obviously didn't read it. now you have this entire thread that gives you feedback about all these points. will you listen to it, or cover your ears and say "i don't see it, i don't see it, my game is good" ?

People asked for what they wanted. it's up to you to step up your game, swallow it, and make it so it's like they wanted. in the end, as a dev, if you want players to play the mode, you can't force your own ideas on the players. it's the players who decides what's in the mode. and right now, you do everything to push them away, without having took into account anything they said... i REALLY hope it's just the first iteration, because right now, the first one is bad. straight. up. bad. 

some things have been crossed out, but there is sadly a lot of things that should been the first thing to come, things that should be, and the obvious "normal rotation" time, that is a problem since the beginning of Arbis...

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BeardBlade said:

I still don't get it.  If you're using parkour and mods for speed, why wouldn't you want as much speed as possible?  Getting stuck in geometry is understandable, but even bonking into things I end up at extraction a solid minute before everyone else. 

Likely, for the same reason people hate playing with Limbo - it takes away control of your character. Sure you can do a backflip just like you can roll out of the Rift. But that doesn't stop the hate, does it? Volts usually want everyone to get to extraction with them, so if you fall behind, they go back and recast to keep you up to speed with them. It is more often obnoxious than helpful.

Edited by Zykk
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

when you're fishing, mining, using a tranq to hunt and melee you don't switch back to your gear, this is sooo damn annoying

In my experience FISHING absolutely does remain after a melee, the others do not however and could be greatly benefited by that fix.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lord_Dio_Brando said:

i have said it to him before and he just "joke" about it instead of actual reply, so dont even try bothering. =*

I'm sorry, but I typically don't respond to players that support power creep and selfish behavior that can and will negatively affect other people's enjoyment of the game. Arguing in bad faith also gets a hard pass from me.

I'll just leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Zentimental said:

@[DE]Megan Can we please have sarpa bugs looked at/fixed as per:

I just edited my initial post to include this - I hope that gets noticed as that's something I discovered recently myself. Apologies for not mentioning that earlier!

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Such unnecessary changes to a system that was not in need of a change compared to many things. 

Kuva survival remains un-touched for how long now?   Kavat still dies in the crack for no reason minus it getting stuck.   Playing for over 20 mins gives no rewards yet makes the siphon able to get one shot.

In game map is terrible.  When will it be fixed?  Play a exterminate and tell me the map is amazing with a straight face.

Host migration is awful.     Host migration is one of those things that i think we should finally have dedicated servers for.    Why have them for conclave and not the base game?

Did not change the rewards in arbitrations.   I am MR 27 and do not need Endo why would I waste my time for endo?  Is this suppose to be end game?  I have NO reason to go do these missions before and as I see i will be avoiding them still. 

WHO in the hell was asking for these changes?

I get DE is trying to get/keep newer players but making the "endgame" easier is not the way. I feel they looked a database and said "not enough people are playing arbitration let's nerf it to make it more accessible."   Why do they always sacrifice their vets in the game?  This update was 100% a waste no one asked for these changes no one needed these changes.  

I do love DE I really do but wow this update is terrible when there is so many other things that need attention/tweaked/reworked/removed.  I know they get a lot of positive attention for listening to the community but what community member ever said to change it this way?

Edited by Laggin_Prime
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 минуту назад, MirageKnight сказал:

support power creep and selfish behavior

Calling us up with "selfish behavior" but still asks for theturn of button because of selfish behavior. All the fings are selfish if you break them up to the start. And still i can agree with the desire of that button, but the problem it can cause may snowball with other problems and can result in much bigger and bizzare situations.I started arguing with you not because i dont like the idea but because for now DE have much bigger game problems wich must not be ignored instead of spending hours of work to implement button to disable 2 bufs and not breaking the game to unplayable level.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1

I'm still against the revive system, it killed the essence of arbitrations for me, but a simple way to make it better is changing the object instance to something that you must click to get (like the energy capsules).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.8.1

Arbitration Changes & Fixes:

• In an effort to increase visibility, both the Arbitration Shield Drone beam and Resurgence Burden colors have been changed to a more orange hue! We’ve also cranked up the contrast and added a more recognizable pulsing FX.
    •     
  • Resurgence Burdens are no longer affected by Vacuum.
  • All Resurgence Burdens will now be removed if the player needing revival leaves/dies, and if you die while carrying Resurgence Burdens.
  • Changed the VITUS ILLUMINA EMOTE to its proper name of ILLUMINA JUDICIUM.
  • Fixed losing all Resurgence Burdens after a Host migration if a player was still in need of revival.

Known Arbitration UI bug: Host sees a different amount of Resurgence Burdens on Clients when they Transfer to Operator/Warframe.

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when selecting different Loadout options in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed a crash when accessing the Gear wheel. 
  • Fixed a functionality loss when viewing Cetus vendors while waiting for a Bounty mission to start.
  • Fixed several small problems with the Darvo Rescue stage of Vor's Prize.
  • Fixed Beam weapons and Gunblades not affecting the Bursting Mass Mod damage on detonate.
  • Fixed Alad V not having any eyeball textures.
  • Fixes towards waypoint flip-flopping in the Lua tileset.
  • Fixed a Corpus Archwing level hole as reported here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/bh0exy/you_can_fly_outside_the_map_and_get_stuck_on_this/
  • Fixed an endless teleporting loop in the Grineer Forest tileset.
  • Fixed other players hearing Alt Firing sounds from numerous weapons.
  • More fixes towards wonky lantern textures in Teshin’s Relay room as reported here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/bene8w/as_one_of_the_4_conclave_players_i_require_these/
  • Fixed missing words in the Hystrix description.

Fix for defense objective losing 80% life on host migration, when?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Laggin_Prime said:

Such unnecessary changes to a system that was not in need of a change compared to many things. 

Kuva survival remains un-touched for how long now?   Kavat still dies in the crack for no reason minus it getting stuck.   Playing for over 20 mins gives no rewards yet makes the siphon able to get one shot.

In game map is terrible.  When will it be fixed?  Play a exterminate and tell me the map is amazing with a straight face.

Host migration is awful.     Host migration is one of those things that i think we should finally have dedicated servers for.    Why have them for conclave and not the base game?

Did not change the rewards in arbitrations.   I am MR 27 and do not need Endo why would I waste my time for endo?  Is this suppose to be end game?  I have NO reason to go do these missions before and as I see i will be avoiding them still. 

WHO in the hell was asking for these changes?

I get DE is trying to get/keep newer players but making the "endgame" easier is not the way. I feel they looked a database and said "not enough people are playing arbitration let's nerf it to make it more accessible."   Why do they always sacrifice their vets in the game?  This update was 100% a waste no one asked for these changes no one needed these changes.  

I do love DE I really do but wow this update is terrible when there is so many other things that need attention/tweaked/reworked/removed.  I know they get a lot of positive attention for listening to the community but what community member ever said to change it this way?

DE decides what they want to force uppon us. It is what they did with bounties, conclave and now arbitrations. They take the most boring parts of the game, make them even more boring, call it "new content" and voilà. The important things are whatever content they want to push at the time and overpriced cosmetics. Thigs like raids and real content are secondary.

Edited by toafarmer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord_Dio_Brando said:

-snip-

I'm staying the heck away from this discussion. I have a 13 year old Husky that needs emergency surgery that he might not survive so I'm really not in a good mood right now...and I'm liable to say something I might seriously regret.

I'm out.

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Allow us to, if possible, opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

I'm pretty sure you can cancel Volt's Speed if you don't want it by back dodging while aiming. Definitely agree with everything else you've said though.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1

Dual colors are still hardly noticeable, making them not even really worth trying to find compatible colors anymore. 

Nikana zaws still lose their sheaths when they're used. It'd be one thing if the sheath was removed from these items, but they weren't, they are visible until used in mission. Please fix this. 

• Applause 1