[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.8.1

8 minutes ago, Ogarra_Remaellus said:

Dual colors are still hardly noticeable, making them not even really worth trying to find compatible colors anymore. 

Nikana zaws still lose their sheaths when they're used. It'd be one thing if the sheath was removed from these items, but they weren't, they are visible until used in mission. Please fix this. 

Some weapons like the Paracesis work well with dual color. And thats about it I think.

1 час назад, Lord_Dio_Brando сказал:

logic is strange you know?

thats how drop chances work
some get some does not

escalating it to even 1-2-3 "new" umbra mods per 2 years you still outfarm formas pretty fast, and dont tell me you will use  them on 100% of mele weapons, it is silly. Whith frames i agree. And even if we escalate it even further beyond, getting forma every week or so, you will get 51+ formas per year wich will make 17 frames with 3 umbra polarity, and will take you about 2-3 years to max them. But this is a lot of time you will say. Yeah a lot but such an idea ruins all "exclusivity" of umbra in the first case. And yeah it is a good idea but "in time you will know the tragic extent of my failing"

dude, u will get them “1 per week” if only u grind arbitrations. And most of players play casualy, doing other stuff on their free time,u know.So maybe like 1/month.  AND nobody speaked about dropchances at start, dude just said “umbra should be drop” and u started ur “nooooo, we will have hundreds of them”. OK, MAKE IT 1%. Like 5 aditional formas per year wont hard anybody. And if somebody really need more of them - he can grind super hard instead of farming any other thing in WF, loosing plat and other farm stuff. Cause now we have S#&$tiest grind for nothing (arbitrwtions) and S#&$tiest grind for 1 umbral forma per 3 month (if they will give us new forma each nightwave), which is pathetic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SQUAKO said:

heh i beat voltage or MAYBE I AM HIM who nose

Next hotfix: Fixed Alad V's nose.

With that English I definitely can say you're a Grineer spy.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NocturnalConspiracy said:

I'm pretty sure you can cancel Volt's Speed if you don't want it by back dodging while aiming. Definitely agree with everything else you've said though.

Dodging backwards while aiming... or jump, then roll back. Great, do that every 5-12 seconds and you've got that SPEEEEEDspam fixed.

• Applause 4

While obvious fixes such as the vacuum change are necessary and good and I'm glad it was gotten to reasonably quickly, DE, could you please talk to us about these arbs changes and the underlying issues with both the Arbs system generally and this new system in particular? 

While these fixes will help reduce some measure of frustration and toxicity as compared to the release a few days ago, the new mechanics, the new design still will contribute some of that.  It's not great for those who pub, in particular.  The permadeath was kind of the point of the mode before, it was an interesting unique mechanic for arbs.  Even with the vacuum change people will still be picking them up who don't intend to, incurring a debuff for them that increases their own risk of death - especially those who are killing drones in melee.  And those who don't do it will still be getting more hassle from dead players than they'd have received before.  With this kind of system, those who die may understandably expect to be rezzed if it's available, and those who have not died will very understandably not want to increase their own risk of death to do that.

And that's before getting into the underlying issues with the rotation lengths.

Also, it'd be nice to know what you actually intended here for solo play, as that was definitely affected but has at no point been mentioned whether in the initial announcement, the subsequent launch, nor this fix.  Was it even really a consideration?  Is the impact to solo arbs here intended?  If so, why?

It's hard not to feel a little frustrated by this given that you've already been so silent on the subject of solo play with Nightwave despite plenty of feedback on that from those who primarily solo (whether they want to or not), from those who primarily multiplayer (whether they want to or not), and from those who regularly switch depending on their current circumstances.

Please talk to us about these things.

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

- Allow us to, if possible, opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

You can opt out of them, limbo by rolling and volt by a backflip.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1

I am pleased to see that the Arbitrtation changes are now incorporating player feedback.  I am now willing to give them an honest try, though I daresay I still have my interest only marginally (and tentatively, given the contentious nature of some of the new features) increased since reward rotations are still doubled in duration, which I find excessive.  I only wish that the staff had taken the time to implement these features during the initial backlash to the dev workshop, and not waited until the secondary backlash of the changes going live to adjust the features.  The post-live changes build less trust with your fanbase, because we have to worry if you listened at all the first time around (based on these updates, it seems you were listening - in my opinion, it just makes more sense to delay the update until the changes could be implemented and avoid the player anxiety that the unpolished version would be permanent).

That's only of secondary importance, though, since that is in the past now.  I am now more interested in the present, and the ongoing bug that I have not yet seen addressed.  With all due respect @[DE]Megan , I have grown deeply concerned because we have yet to receive any update on whether or not DE is even aware of the following multitude of issues that have been present every since the reversion of secondary energy color as a way of altering emissives.  Most warframes seem to have lost emissives entirely ever since that update and it's been over a couple weeks now, and several updates/hotfixes.  I've grouped links to the threads in question by warframe.

Ivara's energy "skirt" seems to be an emissive that has been utterly erased, with the skirt completely gone from anything except the Astrea skin.  The Astrea skin has a physical cloth component with emissives laced through it, and those emissives are gone too.

Valkyr Prime and various Tennogen helmets for her also seem to have their lights as emissives that have been utterly erased.

Chroma Prime, which some people bought in the not-too-distant past as Prime Access to support the game, is almost missing emissives.

Nova Prime and Equinox Insomnia Tennogen are both confirmed here with screenshots to also be missing emissives.

I hope you find this useful as the problem is very widespread and has been reducing the enjoyment in the game for myself and many other people it appears.  We have been anxiously awaiting some indication or update on the ETA for a fix, since I have not yet been able to find a DE response to this major issue.  I have grown concerned that the staff at DE may not even be working on this problem but has rather turned their attention to new content already.  I hope this is not the case.  I tried to hail you with a ping on an earlier set of hotfix update notes about this as well, but was less specific and got no response.  Hopefully, now that I have been clearer with links to the imagery and discussions topics, you will be able to provide us with some news.  Any acknowledgement that your staff is aware and working on the issue would already alleviate some concern, and an ETA on a fix would be ideal.

• Upvote 5

Can you please please please fix the inability to use melee weapons properly using a controller? It has been like this since you deployed the update on the melee system

• Haha 1

*snip*.

You should also mention that Oberons plants are still dictated by "accents" color and that Oberon Prime cannot be without shoulder armor, nor choose the non-primed Oberon armor.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Improvements and fixes are always (and should be) appreciated when they arrive. That being said, the following is a reminder that there are still no fixes / solutions for the following bugs and issues that have been observed:

- Arch-guns being largely mediocre in comparison to regular ranged weapons.

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Broken firing animations for Phaedra when used as a Heavy Weapon.

- Broken animations for Grattler in general.

- Broken animations for Atlas' "robes": The left one tends to bunch up and push to one side when large, bulky primary weapons (like Ogris and Plasmor) are equipped.

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is too high.

- Vauban and Wukong being generally boring and almost completely out-classed by meta DPS Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, etc.

Sounds all reasonable, but let's look at the following lines

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced. We want to play and participate, not be bored to tears because someone decided to delete most of the enemies for us with an OP ability. 

Isn't it part of the game's design to choose the right frame for the right job? Naming so many, and by far not all, frames with the ability to nuke Hydron with ease, already implies that you could simply choose one of those frames to compete with the ones that "bore you to tears". Besides, Hydron is a place 95% of players use to only level their equipment and by far no place you need to be overpowered for, 4.8% probably grind for focus in there, not knowing or avoiding SO and ESO, while about 0.2% just want to complete that node on the star chart.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us with a subpar drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Likewise, having the three Fugitives that accompany him staying invincible as long as the Wolf is still fighting is an arguably TERRIBLE design, especially considering that it can take some players up to 20-30 minutes to kill the Wolf himself.

Absolutely agreeing with the subpar drop table, with mods that make the player feel even less lucky than a no-drop would.
Though I can't say that nerfing the wolf over and over again until the worst equipped and least prepared player is able to take him down in three hits, should be the way to go. I had the "luck" of fighting the wolf twice in nightmare missions, with only leveling gear from my last Hydron run, and another two times during Hydron, again of course, with almost unmodded mastery fodder equipment and my Ember I just put another forma on. Still, despite the fact that none of Ember's abilities are able to even affect the Wolf, I managed to take him down, solo, with as many specter allies as I found on my gear wheel, running for my life most of the time, but still feeling like winning a damn Pokemon arena after my specters took him down.
In conclusion, if the Wolf was easy to take down and dropped all the sledge parts like crazy, with a spawn rate like syndicates' assassins, none of his drops, not the fight and not the story behind the Wolf would actually matter to anyone.

- Arguably terrible pacing and lackluster rewards for Arbitrations.

Arbitrations, considering that they're meant to be a challenge and are still an evolving work in permanent progress, would fail their purpose, if you could just get all rewards in a few tries with ease, wouldn't it?

4 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

- Nightwave failing to truly respect player time and commitment and being geared towards players with far too much free-time.

It's quite the opposite actually, looking at the rewards past rank 30 in the Nightwave, which aren't even worth capturing the refugees for anymore, and the fact that rank 30 was easily reached with still almost half the time left. So it's far less rewarding for those who play every day, than for the ones playing an hour or two every other day.

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety reasons.

How about making the Ogris even more fun and even child friendly? Firing should give you an invincibility window of 2s (at least), for obvious safety reasons. 

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera to 10k credits and drop the resource costs by 90%. Also, lower the grind needed to get the things. It's a cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds.

A cosmetic item, meant to be accessible for players who really earn it by completing tough challenges is the concept. Despite the fact that the currently implemented Ephemeras are all obtainable by luck, without any special challenges that only well equipped or veteran players could manage to beat, ...
you still complain about the resource costs to actually craft them? Yes, it is only cosmetic, meaning you don't need it at all for anything but fashion-framing. The costs could even be increased to prevent the majority of players from having something that's supposed to be special by concept. The Ephemeras in development are planned to be connected to difficult challenges, for which they could also be sent to your inbox already built ofc. But the ones that are so easy to get, are at least behind a little resource cost barrier, which imo could cost far more, as it's only an unnecessary prestige cosmetic that should be end-game content.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for providing so much fuel for my very first forum post.

In conclusion, I, as one of those silent members of the community, am very grateful for all of DE's hard work and vision, creating such an amazingly rich game and keeping it free to play! Thank you!
And to all those players complaining about everything that's so overpowered, so grindy, so rng and so unfair. Would you really want this game to be so easy that you're left with nothing to do, nothing new to see and nothing more to gain, after playing for a week and a half?

Edited by Scarael
Unintentionally sent incomplete
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

This is the kind of player that wants everything handed to them, the kind of player DE listens to instead of listening to feedback of actual experienced long time players, then they go and nerf ember to the ground because "she was op" in low leven defense maps. I hope DE ignores them this time, or at least gives it a little more thought. Really playing their own game to a point were they have a better understanding on how things work would be good enough probably.  

• Like 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced. We want to play and participate, not be bored to tears because someone decided to delete most of the enemies for us with an OP ability.

"WAIT A SECOND! A DPS frame is DPSing too much DPS?! NERFFFFFFFFF IT"

If you don't like it play solo, less enemies spawn and you can get all the kills you want. Or make friends and play as a group on missions. Don't complain about a frame doing what it's meant to do.

Besides that it's not that those frames are op on base. Those players most likely took time to get the mods and builds needed to do that.

Edited by BaurPowr
  • Like 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, hyper4venom said:

You can opt out of them, limbo by rolling and volt by a backflip.

To make it fair then, they should make volt speed a pickup I can carefully run around -- or at the very least a cone shaped target area.

Edited by PalmerEldritch3s
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Congratulations, you can use F5. I was busy updating my pinned Promocodes thread to benefit the community:

I apologize for not showing up to this competition of yours.

Anyways, thank you for the Hotfix! I can't wait for Part II of Arbitration changes that [DE]Drew foreshadowed.

Thank you for that Promocodes thread! Wish I had known about LaborOfLove and FalseProfit before they expired, but oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't worry about that other guy with his little 'competition'. (In fact, I rather have a distasteful opinion of him as I've encountered him as an AFK Limbo in my arbitration missions but whatever.) Keep up the good work!

Edited by Memorii
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

So I just gave Arbitration a go.  It's really bad.

I've only tried it two times before, mostly because there is nothing actually worth buying from it, no rewards that really stand out and make me go "Wow I totally want that!", it just looked like a pointless chore... a bit like Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, but at least ESO has the Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal to tempt people to play it.

Anyways, my experience.  Things were going okish, it was kind of boring for the first 5 minutes, then two players suddenly died at the same time for reasons unknown, and then enemies came pouring out of the woodwork.  Me and the other alive player continued smashing everything down, then I picked up what I'm guessing was meant to be one of the Resurgeance Burdens, I don't really know, all I saw was that all of my shields had suddenly dissappeared and the screen filtered itself as if I was running around in space... then the other alive player quit the mission, and he was the host, and instead of migrating the game to another host, we just instantly got a mission failed and got booted back to the orbiter with no explaination, no rewards, nothing at all.

I saw little point to playing Arbitrations when it was first introduced, but with these changes, I see even less reason, in fact, I see no reason whatsoever.  Why go to the hassle of grinding through missions that are 'supposed' to be difficult for the sake of being difficult (I say 'supposed to' because let's be honest, people that have been playing this game for 2+ years can do crap like this in their sleep) and receive little to no reward for doing so?  It's a pointless game mode that doesn't really have any reason to exist other than to put in a few cosmetics and a single special item, all of which could have been allocated somewhere else that would likely have been more fun.

Arbitrations aren't fun.  They're just an endless mode sortie mission that outstays it's welcome and offers practically nothing of value for players to work towards.

Edited by Konachibi
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, maciejs said:

Can you elaborate on this one? The game is not paused technically (ie. it's updating), but as far as AI/most systems go, they wait (plus there is a spawn invincibility). What is the problem exactly?

If you load in slow, the spawn invincibility will be gone before you can even see anything. This is even more problematic since things like Iron skin etc dissapears on host migrations. Can mean death in arbitrations.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
Il y a 3 heures, Lord_Dio_Brando a dit :

DE is in not in "win" side either because they will need to spend hours to implement this feature and then fix trillion of bugs caused by your "wish". 

Il y a 3 heures, Lord_Dio_Brando a dit :

and you just do not realise how hard and complex it wold be and how much "bugs"... 

And you repeat it again and again. 

Just reduce the ability range (which is now 15/20/22/25m and up to 58m!! with a range mod) to 1.

Just change the value of a variable. Or change a variable to a constant by calling a different function depending on the toggle position. Just like for any option in fact. Something they already do one way or another, depending on the ability level or the mod equiped. I am not a genius but I'm sure that it will not be the catastrophe you portrayed in all your posts. A bit of works, sure, but the trillions of bugs would exists in your head only. 

Those who like to end a mission before they start it will still enjoy their speed runs while the others will be able to play as they want without having to explain so many times in these forums why they simply want to play at the speed they chose.

But... see you later on these forums once again to see the volt speed partisans explain how selfish it is to make them wait at the end of a mission they wanted so hard to end faster. Right? 

Edited by HexOmega111x

Deactivating Hildryn's Balefire Charger still ALWAYS switches to her secondary weapon instead of whatever she was holding before.

Breaks the quick-use utility of the ability by making it too annoying to bother with.

DE Megan i forgot my Confirm Email its been 4 years i keep thinking it but i totally forgot about it is there a way to get the verification code pls i forgot my old confirm email due to many work of my life ☹️☹️☹️

Remove the revive things. You should punish the one who dies, not the ones that go prepared for the missions and stay alive

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

All Resurgence Burdens will now be removed if the player needing revival leaves/dies, and if you die while carrying Resurgence Burdens.

Just remove this whole mechanic, it's garbage

I don't even want to touch Arbys anymore

Not to mention the problem this change is trying to address isn't going to be addressed, because people are just going to leave at 10m anyway forcing host migration. Maybe host migration needs a change, not adding revival into a game mode that shouldn't have it.

2 hours ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Some weapons like the Paracesis work well with dual color. And thats about it I think.

K, then it needs to be fixed. Go back to the previous version, it looked really cool. 

4 hours ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

Can we please, please, fix the Buzlok main fire mode? It's been bugged for over half a year and I already got 2 threads archived with no fixes in sight.

Please lets make buzlok great again

5 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Improvements and fixes are always (and should be) appreciated when they arrive. That being said, the following is a reminder that there are still no fixes / solutions for the following bugs and issues that have been observed:

- Arch-guns being largely mediocre in comparison to regular ranged weapons.

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Broken firing animations for Phaedra when used as a Heavy Weapon.

- Broken animations for Grattler in general.

- Broken animations for Atlas' "robes": The left one tends to bunch up and push to one side when large, bulky primary weapons (like Ogris and Plasmor) are equipped.

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is too high.

- Vauban and Wukong being generally boring and almost completely out-classed by meta DPS Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, etc.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us with a subpar drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Likewise, having the three Fugitives that accompany him staying invincible as long as the Wolf is still fighting is an arguably TERRIBLE design, especially considering that it can take some players up to 20-30 minutes to kill the Wolf himself.

- Arguably terrible pacing and lackluster rewards for Arbitrations.

- Nightwave failing to truly respect player time and commitment and being geared towards players with far too much free-time.

- Host Migrations NOT pausing the game. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking.

- Energy colors being bugged / broken for certain Warframes, accessories, and abilities.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us to, if possible, opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

- Give us manual blocking options back for melee. Because 1. stances and a couple of mods use blocking and 2. auto-blocking can be really inconvenient and irritating.

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety reasons.

- Bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. We players appreciate having options.

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera to 10k credits and drop the resource costs by 90%. Also, lower the grind needed to get the things. It's a cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds.

Thanks for reading.

Agree, but tbh I’ve played on squads with those frames and still managed to kill several mobs with whatever fodder gear I have. For me that’s good enough, but I see where you’re coming from. Mag shouldn’t be nerfed/nerfed as badly since she’s regarded as trash by most of the player base, but the others? They really need one. Speaking as Mesa main, and not because she’s meta.

• Satisfied 1