[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon Remaster: Hotfix 24.8.1

5 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Improvements and fixes are always (and should be) appreciated when they arrive. That being said, the following is a reminder that there are still no fixes / solutions for the following bugs and issues that have been observed:

- Arch-guns being largely mediocre in comparison to regular ranged weapons.

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Broken firing animations for Phaedra when used as a Heavy Weapon.

- Broken animations for Grattler in general.

- Broken animations for Atlas' "robes": The left one tends to bunch up and push to one side when large, bulky primary weapons (like Ogris and Plasmor) are equipped.

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is too high.

- Vauban and Wukong being generally boring and almost completely out-classed by meta DPS Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, etc.

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced. We want to play and participate, not be bored to tears because someone decided to delete most of the enemies for us with an OP ability.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us with a subpar drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Likewise, having the three Fugitives that accompany him staying invincible as long as the Wolf is still fighting is an arguably TERRIBLE design, especially considering that it can take some players up to 20-30 minutes to kill the Wolf himself.

- Arguably terrible pacing and lackluster rewards for Arbitrations.

- Nightwave failing to truly respect player time and commitment and being geared towards players with far too much free-time.

- Host Migrations NOT pausing the game. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking.

- Energy colors being bugged / broken for certain Warframes, accessories, and abilities.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us to, if possible, opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

- Give us manual blocking options back for melee. Because 1. stances and a couple of mods use blocking and 2. auto-blocking can be really inconvenient and irritating.

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety reasons.

- Bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. We players appreciate having options.

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera to 10k credits and drop the resource costs by 90%. Also, lower the grind needed to get the things. It's a cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds.

Thanks for reading.

I agree with 90% of this post save maybe the warframe parts. What you seem to be asking for is a stale warframe economy. There need to be warframes that excel at dps, and ones that do none yet excel in many many other aspects. Bringing every warframe to the same level really creates more problems than it solves. As for the squad complaints, i get that you don't like playing in a squad and not seeing a enemy for the duration of the mission, but most of those players I would imagine, are solo players like my self who play alone for 99% of their 5k hours in the last 6 years like I have. Their builds are specked for that. If a individual is bringing a say, Oberon; a great frame, into a run and expects to get any kills with a well modded Ember/Saryn/Equinox/Volt and many others that can wipe areas if they are built that way. Well i think you need to adjust your expectations. Every warframe in this game has a role they play or at the very least one they are best at, taking a frame in the opposite category and expecting them to perform on par is just un realistic. IE: Expecting Vauban to out kill a Saryn or a Wukong to out CC a Nyx.

• Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)

Still very patiently waiting for fixes for reported bugs that happened after the Plains remaster / dual elemental emissions introduction :

Edited by Tennmuerti
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced. We want to play and participate, not be bored to tears because someone decided to delete most of the enemies for us with an OP ability.

Bruh, Hydron is for leveling... and you aren't mission out on affinity if that's your concern you still get all the affinity as long as you're in affinity range. Having a to leech off a DPS to level is amazing because when you're in public squads your weapons share 75% of the affinity... And you can't kill all those enemies with a weapon that you're leveling... It would be slow as hell and boring. With Warframes it's better to level them solo since they get more affinity in solo play than in squad play. There is legit videos on this subject. If you want to have fun while leveling go to Helene. You won't see much DPS Warframes there and you will still get the same amount of affinity since it's not based on the level of the enemy, but what type of enemies you encounter. 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

You lost me with this one.

This is the whole point of these ability's, Especially on xp farming maps.   So .. No.

This is your suggestion - And down voted, 

incredibles+special+meme.jpg

Edited by 5nak3Doctor
  • Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, _Akasha said:

I agree with 90% of this post save maybe the warframe parts. What you seem to be asking for is a stale warframe economy. There need to be warframes that excel at dps, and ones that do none yet excel in many many other aspects. Bringing every warframe to the same level really creates more problems than it solves. As for the squad complaints, i get that you don't like playing in a squad and not seeing a enemy for the duration of the mission, but most of those players I would imagine, are solo players like my self who play alone for 99% of their 5k hours in the last 6 years like I have. Their builds are specked for that. If a individual is bringing a say, Oberon; a great frame, into a run and expects to get any kills with a well modded Ember/Saryn/Equinox/Volt and many others that can wipe areas if they are built that way. Well i think you need to adjust your expectations. Every warframe in this game has a role they play or at the very least one they are best at, taking a frame in the opposite category and expecting them to perform on par is just un realistic. IE: Expecting Vauban to out kill a Saryn or a Wukong to out CC a Nyx.

There is a lot of wiggle room in between "my teammate is nuking enemies so fast I may as well AFK" and "all Warframes are stale and the DPS vs. Tank vs. Support etc. roles no longer exist." Nobody is expecting an Oberon or a Vauban to out-kill Ember/Saryn/Equinox/Volt with powers. Nobody is even saying that would be a good thing.

However, DPS Warframes do not need to be able to nuke entire maps so fast that 3/4 players are left with nothing to do for most of the match.

IMO it would make more sense for a DPS to, y'know, need actual cooperative support in order to achieve map-nuking status. This is a conflated argument that I see all too often: most of the players complaining aren't actually concerned about kills, they are concerned about engagement and participation. Let them contribute meaningfully to the DPS wiping the map and they will see it as a team accomplishment rather than being annoyed that they are twiddling their thumbs because someone who clearly has enough power to solo the mission isn't playing solo because they would rather use teammates to boost spawns.

As someone who also plays solo 99% of the time, I can tell you with certainty that DPS frames do not need the absurd level of zero-effort AOE they currently have to be viable. They don't need to be nerfed into the ground; they just need to be nerfed to within reason. In a multiplayer session, everyone should be able to actually play.

• Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

We players appreciate having options.

Yes, so much yes! Thank you!

• Satisfied 1

6 hours ago, Krylia_Viru said:

Faster than any volt player, ok, so why not go even faster if you can go faster? But that's besides the point, I guess.
To anyone who has problems controlling their warframe at such speeds, bullet jumps allow for sharp turning, might need some practice at first. Additionally, maybe when the volt speed boosts you could just, I dunno, not sprint? Another idea is to ask the player using the volt to not speed boost you?
Maybe this is just a problem with people being control freaks or something, I dunno lol

First, he explaihned himself already and answered your question of why not go even faster if you can? He said (I agree with, and you quoted it) " because I like going exactly as fast as I want to go".

As for controlling your warframe, you have obviously never used a frame with all speed mods and then had a max strength Volt hit you with his speed buff, as it is impossible to control at that speed, especially with frames who have high speeds to begin with or Titania who's "hitbox" is bigger than she is, causing her to catch on open doors etc as it is, which is made worse by having less control over her when affected by the buff, not to mention, you can not backflip while using Razorwing.

You also say "Another idea is to ask the player using the volt to not speed boost you?"
 1 - I should not need to stop playing to type a message, which may or may not be read or cared about.
 2 - Often times when you ask someone to stop doing something, they do it all the more or start namecalling and arguing about their right to do it.
    - To the point where if someone is running Volt on Hydron for example and speed boosting, I will leave at 5 rounds rather than say anything, to avoid toxic arguments.

You call people control freaks, where I see it in the opposite light, that people can and do play Volt in order to troll.

The point is simple, people are just asking for the ability to opt out. In that scenario anyone who doesn't care about being buffed can be.
In the alternate option I have seen listed here, Remove Range from Volt's speed buff ability, then it would only affect Volt.

I would like to see the option to be immune to Limbo's Banish / Rift Portals aswell, if I want to be in void mode, I will use Limbo myself. I will point out that I believe it should be an option for both of these things, so that players who want to be buffed / don't have access to limbo and want to be able to be banished can be.

Please remove this revive crap from arbitrations. It makes no sense whatsoever. If a player dies, usually that player will die again. That's just one out of 100 reasons why this stupid feature was implemented.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

The arbitration rework was quite off if I may say given that it didn't address the major player concerns.The revive system was a major gamble that they can still salvage if they make it optional (in the case they do decide to maintain the debuff thing which ,being a major punishment to me the alive player, would really discourage me going to revive a player at the expense of my survival) or make it automatic with less of a taxing strain on the squad-mates trying to resurrect him.
My biggest issue though is the rotation sequences in that I have to wait double the time inorder to get a not so satisying reward....I mean if even players would rather bear the agony of repeating Kela De Thaym's arenas over doing an arbitration then it clearly tells you how unappealing the arbitrations are currently.The arbitrations rewards are quite okay in my view not too bad  but not too exciting either,kinda meh but nothing to complain about there.

Also ,to the players asking for nerfs,I really fail to understand your point of view requesting a nerf on a certain warframe or weapon in a majorly PvE game(cause no one does Conclave).
Do you notice how many warframes are currently lying untouched because of your incessant whining that something is too powerful when in actual reality it is not?(It's kinda embarrasing having to read the comment asking for a nerf cause the person couldn't kill a thing on Hydron cause a dps frame was brought but thats not the main issue )
The only reason a nerf should be imposed in a game is to shift attention to another frame ,weapon or meta playstyle in the game (I'm sure of which you know with the current warframe community anything new is thoroughly tested by the player base before a verdict is passed on whether its viable or not ,and even then it still will find its way into use amongst a number of players even if its rated as MR fodder) not cause someone got butthurt cause he or she feels that the item is doing its job too efficiently.Don't ruin a larger fanbase with your petty views.It's annoying having to constantly drop your favorite frame/weapon cause someone who doesn't even use it claims that its doing its job efficiently.You wan't to kill things at your own pace,go solo or get a weaker mod setup.

3 hours ago, Blackwolfe said:

If you load in slow, the spawn invincibility will be gone before you can even see anything. This is even more problematic since things like Iron skin etc dissapears on host migrations. Can mean death in arbitrations.

This is spot on, but applies to numerous abilities and situations.

Limbo bubble disappearing in a Mobile Defense sortie = failed mission, most of the time.
Rhino skin gone in Arbitration = Death most of the time. In other scenario's it is just annoyinh, you get 60k armour and use stomp to maintain it, then a host migration wipes it.
Saryn's infections disappear - on ESO this is really annoying as it can cost you 30k focus
Razorwing build for Titania being dropped back into a sortie / arbitration = instant death
I think it also knocks Loki and Ivara out of invisibility, and kills off Nekros' Army.

On top of all that, everyone starts with base energy again whenever a host migration occurs. Really annoying when you just used 2 large energy restores, or you use an ability which is duration and/or efficiency based like Razorwing.

7 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

- Give us manual blocking options back for melee. Because 1. stances and a couple of mods use blocking and 2. auto-blocking can be really inconvenient and irritating.

The glaive now suffers from auto-blocking properties inconveniently canceling charged attacks similar to how most melee openers can hesitate from an unwanted block.
Everything this player mentioned are the first things I experience when I do my daily grinds and need to be considered before the next anticipated update is released.
As far as melee is concerned, spamming E gets boring and needing to strike to bring out a melee weapon is not how I want to carry out my space-ninja duties. 

So... if I don't really want to revive someone, and I accidentally pick up Resurgence Burdens, the only way I could get rid of the debuff is to die?

Still no fix for host migrations kicking you back to the orbiter, making you lose all your rewards. Support isn't a fix, it's a bandaid, you need to actually address the issue, not palm it off on someone else.

• Upvote 1

78 hotfixes since chimera update and still no fix for melee locking your movement and momentum isn't working.

Sword and shield's shields are being holstered too high despite using final harbinger.

Before chimera update:

koQE7oR.jpg

now:

DzgfwBv.jpg

• atlas's loincloth is buggy when using weapons like heavy blade swords and single handed pistols.

dNke1V0.jpg

Qkd3pWl.jpg

• War's blade energy not displaying while having mara detron equipped

kfFWofD.jpg

ZVigYoT.jpg

• Perla pistol skin is bugged for Stubba, Euphona prime, and Pandero once again.

stubba

BIKSuEO.jpg

Euphona prime

40bpwuK.jpg

Pandero

eG4ibse.jpg

I'm not going to thank DE for 'tweaking' a problem they created.
REMOVE the burden tokens and revive mechanic - if you've read any of the feedback, you'll see an overwhelming negative response. No one wants to revive mechanic; ditch it and fix the reward problem instead.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
Il y a 1 heure, SmashLunch a dit :

I'm not going to thank DE for 'tweaking' a problem they created.
REMOVE the burden tokens and revive mechanic - if you've read any of the feedback, you'll see an overwhelming negative response. No one wants to revive mechanic; ditch it and fix the reward problem instead.

I will admit that the revive mechanic was somewhat nice although not really needed it added some forced difficulty although if you die early in arbitrations its your problem and the team should not have to suffer for it (in other words you are forced to revive the dead player or just die due to how these drops affect you) doesn't help that you also don't get your health back after reviving another person.

honestly I thought that arbitrations were supposed to be difficult and would punish the player for not being fully prepared to actually play arbitrations. the addition of bleedout timers is also a rather poor idea , my only question is what's the point of arbitrations now that the concept has been both ruined and dumbed down

Edited by PsyglaiveSeraph

Thanks for the fixes but how am I supposed to play the game, unlock nodes and then get access to arbitration if your launcher fails to update at every major update. It gets stuck at 25 or 32KB on the checking for new content screen or it goes past this to the downloading update screen and downloads the entire thing(upto 0Kb left for download) and then fails saying "update failed. Some content could not be downloaded from our servers". I have raised a support ticket but have not received any reply, other than the automated did you restart your system mail, let alone help. Lots of players who play on the asian servers have been complaining about this for the past 2 months on the PC bugs forum site but received no reply from either the developers or the support staff.

Everything I've tried so far from my end is mentioned here in my ticket: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/1707149

Please fix so I can play this excellent game.

Also apologies for hijacking this thread but i couldn't see any other way to seek help/your attention DE.

Ivara's Prowl fix just abandoned at this point.
If it comes with the prime, hopefully it comes with the primed apology as well.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Improvements and fixes are always (and should be) appreciated when they arrive. That being said, the following is a reminder that there are still no fixes / solutions for the following bugs and issues that have been observed:

- Arch-guns being largely mediocre in comparison to regular ranged weapons.

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Broken firing animations for Phaedra when used as a Heavy Weapon.

- Broken animations for Grattler in general.

- Broken animations for Atlas' "robes": The left one tends to bunch up and push to one side when large, bulky primary weapons (like Ogris and Plasmor) are equipped.

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is too high.

- Vauban and Wukong being generally boring and almost completely out-classed by meta DPS Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, etc.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us with a subpar drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Likewise, having the three Fugitives that accompany him staying invincible as long as the Wolf is still fighting is an arguably TERRIBLE design, especially considering that it can take some players up to 20-30 minutes to kill the Wolf himself.

- Arguably terrible pacing and lackluster rewards for Arbitrations.

- Nightwave failing to truly respect player time and commitment and being geared towards players with far too much free-time.

- Host Migrations NOT pausing the game. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking.

- Energy colors being bugged / broken for certain Warframes, accessories, and abilities.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us to, if possible, opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety reasons.

- Bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. We players appreciate having options.

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera to 10k credits and drop the resource costs by 90%. Also, lower the grind needed to get the things. It's a cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds.

Thanks for reading.

Dictator doing his monologue as usual.

Sneaking in a call for nerfs on all the things he dislikes. 

I know you like Oberon. Well. Here's an idea. Oberon is also great for covering the whole map with Hallowed Ground, combined with Reckoning, a potent mix to kill everything  in small map. Should definitely nerf these two abilities. And his heal makes everyone not fear death anymore so there is no threat when a good Oberon is on the team. Really kills excitement of the game. Should triple the energy cost on his heal, and half the damage of his 2 and 4. 

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

There is a lot of wiggle room in between "my teammate is nuking enemies so fast I may as well AFK" and "all Warframes are stale and the DPS vs. Tank vs. Support etc. roles no longer exist." Nobody is expecting an Oberon or a Vauban to out-kill Ember/Saryn/Equinox/Volt with powers. Nobody is even saying that would be a good thing.

However, DPS Warframes do not need to be able to nuke entire maps so fast that 3/4 players are left with nothing to do for most of the match.

IMO it would make more sense for a DPS to, y'know, need actual cooperative support in order to achieve map-nuking status. This is a conflated argument that I see all too often: most of the players complaining aren't actually concerned about kills, they are concerned about engagement and participation. Let them contribute meaningfully to the DPS wiping the map and they will see it as a team accomplishment rather than being annoyed that they are twiddling their thumbs because someone who clearly has enough power to solo the mission isn't playing solo because they would rather use teammates to boost spawns.

As someone who also plays solo 99% of the time, I can tell you with certainty that DPS frames do not need the absurd level of zero-effort AOE they currently have to be viable. They don't need to be nerfed into the ground; they just need to be nerfed to within reason. In a multiplayer session, everyone should be able to actually play.

As a solo player... this would be annoying when I want to be as efficient as possible. I like my Nuke Saryn for soloing ESO or Arbitrations. Heck efficiency is the main reason how I go about long grinds or farms. I would say the opposite, but that's just me. 

I do feel for players who get the feeling of being left out with nothing to do in that mission. Leaving a squad can only do so much amirite? 

But oh well, whatever happens happens. 

Hello.

In my past five Arbi games, I had someone die before Rot A was even up, usually several times within several minutes of each other. Everyone just leaves after Rot A now because no one wants to deal with the person who keeps dying. Thanks for the new changes, I hate them.

I still don't get why I get punished just because the other guy didn't pay attention/modded badly/went afk/is bad/is trolling. And I really enjoyed the old arbitration...