Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sharing Umbral Eternal War Valkyr Build

Valkyr-Umbra

Question

I'm sharing a mini-guide and demo of my current favorite Valkyr build for endgame. There are absolutely other ways you can build her, I have other builds I use for other situations (I have 2 Valkyr Primes built and forma'd) this is just my personal favorite way to build her as a Valkyr main. 

Quick note, the arcane guardian I had equipped in the video was a mistake, you've got more than enough armor with umbral fiber and your warcry. Some people choose not to run umbral fiber because of diminishing returns from stacking armor, I personally like it as it does give a substantial increase to your effective health, and it amplifies the benefit from the other umbral mods.

This is basically a hybrid hysteria/warcry build, focused on tankiness. Its great for arbitrations, I've run it through a ton of them. You use your melee weapon to dps, and switch to hysteria (and invulnerability) if you're worried enemies could cc and do enough damage to kill you. If you're running low on energy in hysteria, swap to your gun and take some damage which will proc hunter adrenaline. If you low on health, either use a lifestrike/healing return melee or hysteria to get back to full.

Dying is only a concern at really high levels, and/or if you put yourself in a situation you shouldn't, like jumping into a mob of 20+ eximus buffed enemies outside of hysteria, and getting cc'd (and if the enemies aren't of sufficiently high level when you do this, they still won't be able to hurt you). 

With weapons you have a ton of options for what you want to run with this. I ran a Krohkur to show off a weaker, less popular melee (you can get a riven like this very cheap) and for the fashion frame. Basically, with a status primary or secondary, you can run a melee weapon build for damage, pop condition overload on it, and 1-shot stuff. You don't have to run a hybrid crit-status build like I did in the video, a crit build is fine, you just need condition overload.

Builds:
Umbral Valkyr: https://overframe.gg/build/1042/

Sample Condition Overload Melee Weapon: https://overframe.gg/build/1050/ (This build is very flexible, there is a lot of room for prefference).

Sample Status Proc Gun: https://overframe.gg/build/1051/

I hope that some of this was helpful! If anyone has questions or comments, feel free to post here or on my video!

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

I´m currently running a hysteria/eternal war build on her:

Valkyr:
Eternal war is scaling with duration and with more than 166% duration you don´t need streamline  to be at the hysteria efficiency cap.
Range isn´t needed, since i barely use her 1 and i´m most of the time playing solo, so i don´t need the range on warcry.
Strength is just there to buff the dmg output
The gladiator mod is for the set bonus, you won´t get any setbonus from the talons, so you put the mods on her and her melee weapon, because the talons are triggering the set bonus, they just don´t contribute to it.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1287&height=477

Valkyrs Talons:
Condition overload/crit build
I would run it on viral, for a good synergy with the slash procs.
Blast caan be good to since it gives 2 status proc which synergies very well with condition overload.
Didn´t try radiation vs the wolf, since the wolf isn´t spawning if i play her XD
You can maybe swap range for beserker for even more attack speed to shred everything (or any other mod you like).

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1287&height=477

Melee Weapon:
The melee weapon has no other use than to carry gladiator mods for the set bonus.
If you are in hysteria you´ll have the 3+1 gladiator boni (since the 1 from the talons doesn´t count).

Spoiler

unknown.png

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Shustas:

How many minutes to kill level 70 wolf with this?

0, since the wolf isn´t spawning if you are playing her 😞  (at least he never spawned for me)

Edited by Dark_Lugia

4 hours ago, hackedraptor said:

# of your mods are pointless for eternal war. QT rage and flow should be replaced with more power str and eff/dur or even range for the warcry slow.

You're not supposed to wander this far into a forum section, it's dangerous!

935724422be8f8c25510716306bed421.gif

On 2019-05-28 at 8:29 PM, hackedraptor said:

# of your mods are pointless for eternal war. QT rage and flow should be replaced with more power str and eff/dur or even range for the warcry slow.

Those are all preference picks, if you like to run them, great, but theres no "should" about it.

QT, rage, and primed flow give you an ungodly amount of tankiness on this build, it more than doubles your effective health, thats why I like them. I find efficiency/duration to be entirely nonessential, rage (hunter adrenaline) keeps your energy full (I also run an overkill arcane energize), and against groups of enemies, many of whom are trash, I don't need duration, eternal war will mostly keep my warcry up. I'm very opposed to building for range, one major point of this is keeping the attack speed/armor bonuses up through eternal war, so you won't be spamming warcry/benefitting much from the slow. More strength is always welcome, but having experimented with a number of builds across 3 different valkyr primes, this one is my favorite for high-level content.

That said, these are my preferences. You should 100% be building for your preferences, and if you that find you play best with more focus on efficiency/strength/duration/range, build her that way. That said, I recommend experimenting with other stats/builds, to find what you like best. I have a number of other builds I run for different situations, I have one with more duration for when I'm with a team where I don't expect to get a lot of melee kills/benefit from eternal war for example.

• Like 1