Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Survival challenge - Disable life support activation

Temragon

An hour survival is.. fine. Whatever.

But losing the challenge because someone purely accidentally hit X too close to a tower at 48 minutes is absolutely infuriating.

It's not hard. It's not challenging. It's not fun. It's just enraging.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Temragon said:

But losing the challenge because someone purely accidentally hit X too close to a tower at 48 minutes is absolutely infuriating.

How can DE disable it? They would have to start making dedicated missions for this. What happens if you get to 55 mins and realise you wont be able to finish without activating LS? Most people would be doing the two one hour survival missions together, meaning they would fail both when they only needed to fail one challenge. (yes, I know this isn't a massive deal because most would do the mission again anyway)

• You suggestion will have negative effects as well.

Besides, it is really easy to avoid activating the capsules at all. You just have to carry around a Kuva Catalyst. That way, when you approach a tower it gets converted to Kuva harvesting.

• Or people could just be more careful. I have not yet had someone activate the LS by mistake.
Edited by krc473

i think the Development Time would be better spent on addressing Interaction issues overall in the game to make it much harder or not possible to perform the wrong interaction.
then you improve all interactables in the game at once...

(so like, don't restrict Weapons at all when carrying something as it's an irrelevant restriction anymore, and either have two Interact buttons or Interactable objects that have multiple options.... maybe a Radial Menu to be able to quickly pick between the different things? a better Radial than the Gear Menu, that one is horrible)

• Like 1

I've done this challenge both times it has come up

using LFG groups

the first thing I tell everyone as we load in:

"remember No Reloading weapons when near siphons"

"don't attempt to pick up canisters that drop next to siphons"

"only approach siphons if you are already holding a canister"

This has worked really well

just have to think ahead and communicate with your squad

18 hours ago, taiiat said:

i think the Development Time would be better spent on addressing Interaction issues overall in the game to make it much harder or not possible to perform the wrong interaction.
then you improve all interactables in the game at once...

(so like, don't restrict Weapons at all when carrying something as it's an irrelevant restriction anymore, and either have two Interact buttons or Interactable objects that have multiple options.... maybe a Radial Menu to be able to quickly pick between the different things? a better Radial than the Gear Menu, that one is horrible)

That's fine.

Or make a way to cancel activating life support in general (Esc/B while activating).

Whatever way you want to do it.

18 hours ago, krc473 said:

They would have to start making dedicated missions for this.

The challenge UI could easily be buttons that start a mission with that limitation.

DE has plenty of flexibility to make custom mission restrictions, they've done tons of unique alerts before.

Having challenge-specific missions going forward would be useful in general, not just for this.

Edited by Temragon

4 hours ago, Temragon said:

Having challenge-specific missions going forward would be useful in general, not just for this.

i think the point was more of splitting the Playerbase more, rather than it being a technical issue to do it at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-27 at 7:55 PM, taiiat said:

i think the point was more of splitting the Playerbase more, rather than it being a technical issue to do it at all.

Splitting them?

This is about people doing highly specific challenges, not a general game mode.