Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Revive is an absolutely worthless change

Kimimoto

Seriously what's one positive of this system? Does it really do what it was designed to do? Stop host migrations.

No, it doesn't. Everyone in your mission will still bail at 10 minutes forcing host migration anyway. Why was this change made? To make it easier for casual/new players? This game mode wasn't designed for them. Are they really listening to them when it comes to feedback for "endgame" game modes?

I get that this is going to be the first change of many, but why start it off with this garbage? Step up to this awful mistake of an addition and just revert it. Why not focus on actually making host migration more reliable. Which for me I've never had a problem with, but some players definitely have. Start there, don't make an already easy game mode(designed for the hardcore crowd) easier. 

• Like 2

I find the revive mechanic poison in itself, it just teaches people that they no longer have to worry about Arbs missions, they can go down and just be revived, cause if the team wants to push forward they have no choice but to revive since your forced to deal with drones and they are the ones that drop the tokens, its honestly a garbage system that should have been taken out when DE realized how much people hated it, OH but the afker's and lazy players LOVE it.  Honestly if your going into Arbs without any kind of tension then the mode is a failure.

• Like 2

I like it, its nice for if you mess up and let your invulnerability ability drop for a few seconds (like gara's shield, mag's crazy overshield capabilities, stop punching as atlas for a few seconds, etc.). Sure you should be prepared to deal with lv 80-100 enemies but you can still die even if you are prepared. What if you spill your drink while trying to play and have to look away for a second? What if your dog needs to go outside?

My issue with it is you still seem to set off the stupid afk timer, meaning you lose all rewards. I made it 3 rounds into an intercept and was active and alive up until halfway through round 3. I died and got revived, but lost all 3 rewards totaling to at least 4k endo (1300 endo reward i think as well as 2 ayatans). Instead of 5 or 6k total endo, i wasted 25 mins or so for 1 #*!%ing thousand endo. Revive is pointless if you lose the mods, aura forma bp, or even the ephemera bp that you would of gotten had you not died. If you lose the rewards due to dieing and being revived then why even stay when you die? Itll be a waste of time either way, might as well leave now instead of waiting for the round to end, which is the exact issue the revive system was supposed to fix. It also discourages you from doing longer runs. Why try for 3 or 4 rewards if you risk losing all of them when you could play it stay safe and drop out after 1 or 2 rewards? This could cause host migration which is another issue reviving was supposed to fix.

The only solutions i can see involve reducing the number of tokens to revivwe someone, increasing their drop chance a lot, or messing with the afk timer. All of those seem very detrimental to arbitrations though. Why worry about dieing when reving is super easy? Why care about actually doing them when you can just afk without having to worry about triggering the afk timer? 

Edited by lindenbrock