Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us choose our elemental on a weapon

Signs

As the title suggests, just let us choose what elements we want on a weapon based on what elemental mods are equipped.

For example, if you have infected clip, stormbringer and hellfire on a Soma, you can choose between: corrosive heat, radiation toxin or gas electric without having to move mod positions.

You might be asking, well this sounds useless! Well on a Soma.. yes it's quite useless. But on SINGLE elemental weapons and rivens, it makes a huge difference.

Now let's say we have an Ignis with innate heat. Let's say you want gas cold. Guess what? If you put on infected clip and cryo rounds, it will result in viral heat even though you have the necessary elements to create gas and cold (fire from Ignis innate, toxin and cold from mods). To create gas cold, you would need infected clip, hellfire and cryo rounds. But why? We already have heat innately on the Ignis and is now wasting one mod slot!

As for rivens, it's the riven mods that have 2+ elementals on that make modding like hell. Say we have a Rubico riven with Electric (first) and Heat (second). If you put it on with no other elements, it will make radiation, pretty obvious. However, if you put infected clip before the riven, it would combine electric and toxin for corrosive and heat. And if you put infected clip after the riven, it would make radiation toxin. If you want to make gas, you would need both infected clip and hellfire even though your riven has heat on it. This is dumb because you have all the elements necessary to create gas and electric (riven has fire/electric and infected clip has toxin) but you can't due to how modding I'd programmed. Please DE, this shouldn't be how it works. Thanks.

Edited by Signs

idunno, the menu would be slower and more complicated than just moving the Mods, except in very specific cases of Rivens with many Elementals on them.

(and innate Elementals combining last, Et Cetera are placed rules for the game, there isn't a good reason to change these rules - basically a direct upgrade to the affected Weapons - just like that)

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

Thermite Rounds is 4 points cheaper. Just use that.

The issue is not mod points. It's mod slots. I could care less about throwing another forma onto my weapon, but wasting a mod slot for an elemental damage type I already have? Not optimal.

Edited by Signs

34 minutes ago, Signs said:

The issue is not mod points. It's mod slots. I could care less about throwing another forma onto my weapon, but wasting a mod slot for an elemental damage type I already have? Not optimal.

Ignis likes status chance. Why not? Having a higher bias toward gas is better than the cold. You only need one cold proc. I'm not sure what there's to be upset about. 

2 hours ago, Xaxma said:

Ignis likes status chance. Why not? Having a higher bias toward gas is better than the cold. You only need one cold proc. I'm not sure what there's to be upset about. 

Again, it's mod slots I'm needing. A mod slot used for an elemental I already have on the weapon is a waste.

18 hours ago, Divinehero said:

yea honestly this kind of thing can be annoying especially on weapons w/ innate elements

Yea finally someone gets it.

The worst one is on the Zenistar. Zenistar needs so many mod slots and if I want to go Gas/Cold, I waste a mod slot for heat even though I already have heat innately on the Zenistar. This mod slot could be used for better things like attack speed or amalgam organ shatter.

On 2019-04-27 at 10:05 AM, Signs said:

As the title suggests, just let us choose what elements we want on a weapon based on what elemental mods are equipped.

For example, if you have infected clip, stormbringer and hellfire on a Soma, you can choose between: corrosive heat, radiation toxin or gas electric without having to move mod positions.

You might be asking, well this sounds useless! Well on a Soma.. yes it's quite useless. But on SINGLE elemental weapons and rivens, it makes a huge difference.

Now let's say we have an Ignis with innate heat. Let's say you want gas cold. Guess what? If you put on infected clip and cryo rounds, it will result in viral heat even though you have the necessary elements to create gas and cold (fire from Ignis innate, toxin and cold from mods). To create gas cold, you would need infected clip, hellfire and cryo rounds. But why? We already have heat innately on the Ignis and is now wasting one mod slot!

As for rivens, it's the riven mods that have 2+ elementals on that make modding like hell. Say we have a Rubico riven with Electric (first) and Heat (second). If you put it on with no other elements, it will make radiation, pretty obvious. However, if you put infected clip before the riven, it would combine electric and toxin for corrosive and heat. And if you put infected clip after the riven, it would make radiation toxin. If you want to make gas, you would need both infected clip and hellfire even though your riven has heat on it. This is dumb because you have all the elements necessary to create gas and electric (riven has fire/electric and infected clip has toxin) but you can't due to how modding I'd programmed. Please DE, this shouldn't be how it works. Thanks.

I agree, as well as this allow for us to use individual statuses. IE using heat toxic and electric by themselves all at the same time.