Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pyrotech63

What if we had MODS

I dont mean the warframe or weapon mods, i mean adding custom quests, frames, weapons, whatever.

What if DE suddenly went "warframe now has mod support", ignoring all the technical issues.

What would the modding landscape look like. I my self would get a mod that would make ember at least usable at the mid-high level.

One word:

Multiplayer

If Warframe was a singleplayer game, sure. I'd love some mods.

But in multiplayer games, the only modding you could get away with are graphics mods, or utility mods like inventory sorters.

Elder Scrolls Online has mod support to some extend, as in automatic looping of emotes, HUD mods, dialogue texts, and so on.

Well, I imagine the first mods we'd see would be people running around invulnerable with a permanent radiation proc, team killing and teabagging random people.

every person you Matchmake with would have Swords the size of a small Star, some stupid looking anime girl Skin, and Guns that spray enough PFX to blot out all of the light in the universe.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

every person you Matchmake with would have Swords the size of a small Star

You can already do this is you put the Chroma Deluxe heavy weapon skin on the Zenistar ;) 

You can't really do that for Warframe. However, there is one thing I'd love to see: A Steam Workshop-like interface for obstacle courses, with community ratings and all that. Currently you need someone to invite you to their dojo and then finally start the course. This alone takes 2 loading screens and at least 1 other person is involved. Not really what I'd call efficient.

27 minutes ago, taiiat said:

some stupid looking anime girl Skin

Well, people probably already made some semblance of it with the customization options available. That's just natural progression with mods.

I'd mod back the old (cursorless) menu system.  It was so fast, efficient and reliable.  Unbelievable that people got paid to destroy the interface like that.

I don't think DE really wants to open their proprietary engine that much for tinkering with. They built the thing and it's their own, modding it by gamers wouldn't improve any income for them.

Now licensing the engine touting that it can be used to make FPS and / or MMOs, would be profitable if the engine was stable enough to work with for other studios.

20 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

If we had mods, I would make one that say "CLEM !" everytime someone use the :clem: icon in the chat.

here comes another chinese CLEMquake

:clem::clem: :clem::clem::clem:

I think people are forgetting that mods don't have to be raw binary modifications x'D all the people who are talking about making themselves invincible and messing with the game are forgetting that a lot of modern modding systems in games that officially support modding are very restricted external interfaces run inside sandboxed scripts and interfaces with specific APIs.

The most likely thing that would happen if they allowed mods is that we'd see it start small and work it's way up. Start with something like "You can script your own custom missions using the existing types, tilesets, and joining rooms as you see fit via a Lua script.", then maybe building out to some cosmetic alterations, before expanding out to more sensitive things like frames and abilities. It's likely that even with a restricted system we'll likely still see limited places you can use modded content too.

bring back old tile set and mechanic.

Like stamina bar with parcour 1.0 and coptering.

Give a gun to your operator.

Jet pack to warframe.

Steal enemies weapons and use them.

I should make it clear that i understand the comments (and future comments,) saying  "not possible because [x]", but im saying ignoring all the technical issues, what would be possible.  

Putting it within the scope of "ignoring all technical issues" means that it could be literally anything and everything the game's engine can support.

As far as what that might include just go sift through the suggestions people have made. Everything from the more sensible ideas of frame, weapon, and balancing ideas to the very questionable ones like "loli warframes" (yes there are people that literally want this) to crossover content.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb taiiat:

some stupid looking anime girl Skin

You say it like it's a bad thing.

il y a 1 minute, trst a dit :

the very questionable ones like "loli warframes" (yes there are people that literally want this)

Don't judge me.

1 minute ago, CaptainMeowth said:

Don't judge me.

Too late, you just exposed yourself.

Assuming they were visual only, I'd be 100% on board with it.

*Dreams of bringing back the 2013 HUD again*

if i could mod then it would only be one.... A BASIC @#$%ING SCARF!!

4 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Well, people probably already made some semblance of it with the customization options available. That's just natural progression with mods.

"Progression"? No, no, it's evolution.