Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn needs a nerf, or a tweak, or something

Zarista66

6 minutes ago, Warhydra said:

Man it's weird we get a thread that wants to nerf Saryn, Equinox or Mesa every week while Octavia exist. 

octavia has other problems. mallet needs to be shot and damage is lost when recasting mallet. frost can prevent damage build up, limbo can prevent damage build up, larva from nidus can prevent damage build up, stomp from rhino can prevent damage build up, Mesa, equinox, Saryn can prevent damage build up just by killing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

they would still have to re-tune saryn if they changed scaling. can you even imagine if enemies became weaker and saryn stayed where she is at now? absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, but people like you would gladly cheer on them putting the cart before the horse.

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

chroma is fine

So Chroma Trivializing Grand bosses is fine, but Saryn Trivializing mass murdering chaff units is not?

It sounds like you are focusing on the damage done and kill score instead of what the objective is in most missions.

• Like 4

Just now, Hellmaker2004 said:

So Chroma Trivializing Grand bosses is fine, but Saryn Trivializing mass murdering chaff units is not?

It sounds like you are focusing on the damage done and kill score instead of what the objective is in most missions.

there is not one frame in this game that cant destroy a boss. what chroma cant do is wipe a map there is a difference.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

there is not one frame in this game that cant destroy a boss. what chroma cant do is wipe a map there is a difference.

Actually, every frame except for Chroma, Mirage and Rhino are objectively MASSIVELY worse at bosses because warframe has generally terribly designed bosses (as in is 80% gimmicks + phase/invul fights due to not obeying a DPS to EHP formula average balance) compared to its base game loop. Also based on OPs screenshot, its not a case of saryn being op, but the other 2 people noticing they have a saryn that can carry through the ranks of eso and let OP do the thing Saryn does, ramp the first minute~two and then keep eating mobs harder than the entire obese portion of the american population chomp down burgers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Actually, every frame except for Chroma, Mirage and Rhino are objectively MASSIVELY worse at bosses because warframe has generally terribly designed bosses (as in is 80% gimmicks + phase/invul fights due to not obeying a DPS to EHP formula average balance) compared to its base game loop. Also based on OPs screenshot, its not a case of saryn being op, but the other 2 people noticing they have a saryn that can carry through the ranks of eso and let OP do the thing Saryn does, ramp the first minute~two and then keep eating mobs harder than the entire obese portion of the american population chomp down burgers.

ive achieved these same numbers with people trying to play. once they see they cant do much they just switch to doing nothing again this is a problem with saryn being able to do the job of 4 in a full squad. if she was not able to do so people wouldnt even rely on her to carry they would have to work themselves.

Edit: it is also how the game rewards passive play above all else as well.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

20 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

ive achieved these same numbers with people trying to play. once they see they cant do much they just switch to doing nothing again this is a problem with saryn being able to do the job of 4 in a full squad. if she was not able to do so people wouldnt even rely on her to carry they would have to work themselves.

Are you sure they were "playing" and not leveling weapons? ESO is pretty much just "level 1-2 weapons mode", just as SO is "level the frame". Also not everyone has optimal builds. Actually i doubt that most of the warframe playerbase ever even forma most of their weapons over 1 time (or even once), hell i dont for weapons i dont like.

20 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Edit: it is also how the game rewards passive play above all else as well.

Saryn isnt passive tho. She needs ramp, active usage of 3 buff on enemies and/or 4 (possibly spam if going the low/mid duration setup for quicker ramp). She isnt complex for sure, but its a lot more interactive than banshee or rev and solidly less "mind drain boring" than a 2 equi setup or swing tavi swing.

1 minute ago, Andele3025 said:

Are you sure they were "playing" and not leveling weapons? ESO is pretty much just "level 1-2 weapons mode", just as SO is "level the frame". Also not everyone has optimal builds. Actually i doubt that most of the warframe playerbase ever even forma most of their weapons over 1 time (or even once), hell i dont for weapons i dont like.

Saryn isnt passive tho. She needs ramp, active usage of 3 buff on enemies and/or 4 (possibly spam if going the low/mid duration setup for quicker ramp). She isnt complex for sure, but its a lot more interactive than banshee or rev and solidly less "mind drain boring" than a 2 equi setup or swing tavi swing.

very sure they tried but well what can you do.

no no i meant how people can literally stand and do nothing and reap the rewards from someone else doing all the work.

18 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

No Warframe is ever "needed" for a specific faction. Sure, some may fare better, but it all boils down to preference. We were already obliterating Grineer before Saryn 2.0

Yeah, she certainly works for that sort of thing, but can't remember the last time I took her to a high level mission with armored enemies--at least with armor stripping as something uppermost in mind. 

I usually take Trinity Prime. 

I typically use her when kill speed is something that is desirable, but even here Khora can do about as well. 

Not seeing a problem here. 

15 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

This. I have had no issue with killing off bosses solo as any other frame outside of those three you talked about. its amazing you left out the top dps frame mesa of all. she is well known towards even one shooting bosses. 

How in the name of ballas' wank arm do frames that rely solely on their abilities (or flat out have no buffs) to damage get better damage when the targets are flat out immune to the abilities? Unless you think vor, hek and their padros are bosses, they arent, they are "timed events" at best. Bosses are the Eidolons and Orbs, the closest a assassination target gets to a actual boss instead of terrible mess is Salad5 (and KDT, tho she too is a buggy mess/best done by just walking in solo and punching her ugly face into the wall).

Edited by Andele3025

4 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

How in the name of ballas' wank arm do frames that rely solely on their abilities (or flat out have no buffs) to damage get better damage when the targets are flat out immune to the abilities? Unless you think vor, hek and their padros are bosses, they arent, they are "timed events" at best. Bosses are the Eidolons and Orbs, the closest a assassination target gets to a actual boss instead of terrible mess is Salad5 (and KDT, tho she too is a buggy mess/best done by just walking in solo and punching her ugly face into the wall).

Wolf doesnt seem to be immune to exalted weapons.

Are people still seriously posting nerf requests for frames? I main an Oberon because i like his overall feel and tankiness, especially with adaptation i feel like a sentient at times, and i'm usually not the top damager , but i don't really mind. So what if a Mesa or a Saryn or a Volt can nuke an entire room? When it comes to high (100++) level missions that's where we can see what warframes and players are made of. I recently ran a low level (30-40) fissure mission with a Volt and was immediately berated for being overpowered. Seriously? OP in low level mission? and with a Volt on top of everything?. People who have no idea of how the game works or are new to the game should really do their homework before coming here and posting nerf this nerf that nonsense. The only nerf requests i can accept and understand are the ones that refer to game breaking mechanics and exploits and Saryn isn't one of them.

Edited by Yperkeimenos

5 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

That's like your opinion man. but the fact you still state that most frames are useless against bosses is a lie. also Orbs is where inaros shines there. so you missed that too. also orbs and eidolon are the worst boss fights. They're painfully boring to fight and annoying to fight when a cluster#*!% of enemies show up and down teammates happen every five secs because the attacks from the bosses  are just too unpredictable to see. I ran eidolons MANY times last summer and I never want to fight one ever again.  I took on orbs once and based off what I said about team mates and the design of the fight. I don't want to ever do that again either. 

1) No, by literal definition, warframe objectively had no real boss fight till eidolons (and even then they just barely qualify as a test of acquired skill)

2) Again no, all frames are just as good against the 2 groups unless they have a self buff for raw damage, everything else is player preference.

3) Either way, you still didnt make a counterpoint to the original statement.

4 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

Have fun nerf herding and not understanding that balance is not the only thing that matters in a game.

Wrong.

Balance is very important. I don't play this game just to have 1 person in a team of 4 play it for me by mindlessly spamming 1 button, deleting rooms, leaving me with nothing to do besides pretend I'm a roomba as I clean my way to extraction. It's bad enough DE has an extreme fear of giving veterans a proper endgame (24 hour timegated trials wasn't one of them), and if they're not going to give us an endgame that merits needing stupid strong powers like Saryn has, then they need to get nerfed to be more in line with the star chart.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Zarista66:

The fact that this powerful of a frame continues to exist is simultaneously good and bad. I feel like this needs some form of adjustment. Don't kill her off, but I think something to nerf her mapwide, infinite scaling, Corrosive-proccing damage abilities is in order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xmegarockx said:

aslo nerf equinox too because slash procs are too strong

Equinox is not far off from being another press-4-to-win abuse frame. She'd be the next go-to cheese frame if Mesa and Saryn get nerfed, because her day-form 4 stores damage while active.

So yes, she should be nerfed next. A change to how her 4 builds up damage, lowering the charged amount gained per kill, would go a long way.

• Like 2