Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Band-Aiding the "give us more content" issue

Halphyos

For a quick fix in the "endgame" vets, just make a select few high MR weapons not purchaseable in the market and lock it under high waves of either ESO or Arbitrations, if nto fully crafted then just BP's for people to get. It would help with slowing down the speed at which players acquire and level items and will give older players something to strive for in result fixing for a moment the desire for more content.!

I would like to hear some feedback upon this suggestion!

Edited by Halphyos

1 minute ago, Halphyos said:

ust make a select few high MR weapons not purchaseable in the market and lock it under high waves of either ESO or Arbitrations

The problem with this: it will further dilute the drop tables with stuff people don't really need. If you cannot trade them there is no point. But if you can trade them it defeats the purpose in the idea.

I do not like this idea. It would not encourage me to play the mode(s). 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Halphyos said:

we don't want or need band-aids though, we got plenty of those, DE already Band-Aid everything to the hilt. what we need are proper fixes to the reward tables. the only way we can get that is to find something that most players can agree on as a worthy reward. Personally I think massive quantities of Kuva could be the ticket, as most people at "endgame" level will have at least one Riven, and therefore will be involved in Rivens at some level, making Kuva useful to them. if we can find common ground, then half the battle is basically won: the other half is convincing DE.

besides, we've already got Assassin Weapons; hard to get weapons locked behind an RNG Wall, behind an RNG Spawn mechanic. putting weapons in drop tables is just going to make the problem worse.

Thing is, vets don't want more grind they want more challenge, the Wolf is a decent challenge since he doesn't fall easily but he was executed poorly imo, he should have a node of his own where we have to face hordes of his goons before reaching him in a final dungeon boss battle style room where he will drop loot upon death, doesn't necessarily have to be top tier I think, but it should be a lot, see the Exploiter for example, those resources are easily farmable but it's so satisfying to see your inventory full of goodies after beating her

1 hour ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Thing is, vets don't want more grind they want more challenge, the Wolf is a decent challenge since he doesn't fall easily but he was executed poorly imo, he should have a node of his own where we have to face hordes of his goons before reaching him in a final dungeon boss battle style room where he will drop loot upon death, doesn't necessarily have to be top tier I think, but it should be a lot, see the Exploiter for example, those resources are easily farmable but it's so satisfying to see your inventory full of goodies after beating her

It needs to be soooo much harder than Exploiter orb though. I want something where there's no simple meta answer, something that requires skill and timing. Take Nova portal speed running for an example, that's a skill. Those kind of things, different challenges for each member of the team, orchestrated together to open a vault of some kind within a time frame window and then being able to go take on the boss who's an absolute monster with interesting abilities that don't stop you using yours and can actually hurt you if you don't react properly.  That's a challenge. Enemies really high level so that mistakes are punished ruthlessly not just "oops! operator mode I'm all good again". 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Halphyos:

For a quick fix in the "endgame" vets, just make a select few high MR weapons not purchaseable in the market and lock it under high waves of either ESO or Arbitrations

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Halphyos:

fix

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

We're six years in...I'm more excited about the change to Jupiter's Tilesets and new and strange enemies than some end game fantasy...

Locking items behind grinds and RNG drop tables diluted with in a mess of unwanted items only seems to be highlighting really how bad the gaming industry is that we actually put up with this nonsense..due to it being everywhere and there's no safe haven from this mindset hammered into developers...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Halphyos said:

For a quick fix in the "endgame" vets, just make a select few high MR weapons not purchaseable in the market and lock it under high waves of either ESO or Arbitrations, if nto fully crafted then just BP's for people to get. It would help with slowing down the speed at which players acquire and level items and will give older players something to strive for in result fixing for a moment the desire for more content.!

You mean like Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal? Still couldn't bring myself to play ESO enough to complete those two sets.

Upon further inspection I must agree the idea itself can sound pretty bad and I forgot DE handles their drop tables, if anything Im happy to see how everyone would handle a situation like this honestly. Im eager to see where this can go!

maybethe problem itself should be handled by changing drop chances and adding things here and there,

Edited by Halphyos

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I hear thats what raids used to be.... I wasn't around back then.

You hear wrong. Raids were not skill based. Only difference is that the Raid meta was all about CC rather than damage.

54 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Then Warframe is Doomed... 😞

Warframe can't be skill based until our abilities and damage output are reigned in.

Also, people would have to stop *@##$ing every time actual challenge reared its head. 

Nullifiers?  They force you to change tactics.  People hate them. 

Ancient healers?  Make shooting things a chore, forcing priority, except they're slow and often around a corner, forcing a Tenno to push forward and take them out.  People hate them.

Manics?  A dude that moves fast and can't be killed instantaneously, bleeds might have been overkill but the concept of denying 100% protection from shields was the right idea.  Nerfed into oblivion.  I'll get multiple bursas in a mission but I'm lucky to see these guys once every few now.  And I'd argue Bursas are tougher, despite vulnerability to CC.

Bombards?  A slow homing missile that with a modicum of movement... like jogging... a Tenno could avoid them completely.

Just a few threats.  Could there be better enemy designs?  Most certainly.  But the starter stuff is often too overwhelming for people when they can't just press a button and delete it or lock it down into non-threat status.

No, instead what the game has been doing for the longest time is cranking up the numbers, urging players to slam bigger numbers into those bigger numbers and daring to call it a "challenge."  Then when DE decided this was a bull$#!% path they started erecting emergency blocks like severe damage reduction and ability immunity in our enemies so that it comes entirely down to your ability to avoid getting cooked... and how big a boom your weapon can make.  The exploiter orb fight was a great example of how to get started on interesting fights, but it also kind of shined a light on the current state of Warframe.  Our abilities were balanced around their base stats and with energy being solely gained from drops, not min-maxing with corrupted mods and guzzling energy pads and sitting pretty inside kiddo-domes.  Our guns growing in power by tens to hundreds of times their base form isn't helping much either.

I do not envy their position.  It makes more sense to just keep producing more middling content, because the "endgamers" will just hammer through whatever they create in 5 days and complain there's nothing left to do, regardless of the level of play the content was built for.

Gerade eben schrieb Lost_Cartographer:

Warframe can't be skill based until our abilities and damage output are reigned in.

Also, people would have to stop *@##$ing every time actual challenge reared its head. 

Nullifiers?  They force you to change tactics.  People hate them. 

Ancient healers?  Make shooting things a chore, forcing priority, except they're slow and often around a corner, forcing a Tenno to push forward and take them out.  People hate them.

Manics?  A dude that moves fast and can't be killed instantaneously, bleeds might have been overkill but the concept of denying 100% protection from shields was the right idea.  Nerfed into oblivion.  I'll get multiple bursas in a mission but I'm lucky to see these guys once every few now.  And I'd argue Bursas are tougher, despite vulnerability to CC.

Bombards?  A slow homing missile that with a modicum of movement... like jogging... a Tenno could avoid them completely.

Just a few threats.  Could there be better enemy designs?  Most certainly.  But the starter stuff is often too overwhelming for people when they can't just press a button and delete it or lock it down into non-threat status.

No, instead what the game has been doing for the longest time is cranking up the numbers, urging players to slam bigger numbers into those bigger numbers and daring to call it a "challenge."  Then when DE decided this was a bull$#!% path they started erecting emergency blocks like severe damage reduction and ability immunity in our enemies so that it comes entirely down to your ability to avoid getting cooked... and how big a boom your weapon can make.  The exploiter orb fight was a great example of how to get started on interesting fights, but it also kind of shined a light on the current state of Warframe.  Our abilities were balanced around their base stats and with energy being solely gained from drops, not min-maxing with corrupted mods and guzzling energy pads and sitting pretty inside kiddo-domes.  Our guns growing in power by tens to hundreds of times their base form isn't helping much either.

I do not envy their position.  It makes more sense to just keep producing more middling content, because the "endgamers" will just hammer through whatever they create in 5 days and complain there's nothing left to do, regardless of the level of play the content was built for.

Exactly this, people scream for chalalnge but then cheese around it anyway.

I rather have mediocore gameplay that is sitll fun then things like we get with the Wolf as example, a big bullet sponge.

I rather have things like Ambulas or Kela sicne there atleast you still have some sort of mechanic besides just shooting all. Sure they are borign after awhile but they are far more better then the Wolf or Thumpers or Eidolons in my eyes.

The thing with Warframe is, if sometihng new comes out, grind is attached to it, so naturaly peopel want ot the fastest way done possible. This kind of game can't have any real endgame same for like any MMO, Raids or so come and go, challange is debatable and coems down to how foten you want or have ot run it also, making you wear it out.

5 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

having one game mode be carried by one frame while others afk is NOT the same thing. 

I mean, you say that, but at the end of the day that's basically what happens. It's hard not to afk when a mag was nuking viver, or an excal was radial javelin spamming draco and while a saryn is going on a murder spree literally preventing you from getting kills. 

il y a 15 minutes, TheGuyver a dit :

I mean, you say that, but at the end of the day that's basically what happens. It's hard not to afk when a mag was nuking viver, or an excal was radial javelin spamming draco and while a saryn is going on a murder spree literally preventing you from getting kills. 

The main difference is, in those case, the problem was player abusing the system. In the ESO case, the system force you to take a nuke frame if you want the slightest chance of reaching the desired 8th wave. And if you want to go this way, the same is still hapenning at Hydron, if there's a Saryn / Banshee Soundquake / Volt, you're not gonna kill much thing. But's it's also an xp spot, people come here to gain xp and nothing else and you cana ctually do this mission without any nuke frame.  

Edited by Marekthejester