Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven trading significantly low since death of Semlar

Psykhe27

On 2019-04-28 at 11:30 AM, SordidDreams said:

It's mind-boggling to me that pretty much everything else in the game has been reworked at lease once; we're up to melee 2.9, parkour 2.0, modding 2.0, damage 2.0, star chart 3.0, UI 3.0 (partly), and so on. But trading? That's still just the same old crappy trade chat.

Chat was updated to have a filter system

11 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

DE are under no obligation to provide trading services, as this isn't a core part of the game. 

Trade chat?  Check.

Limited amounts of trades per day?  Check.

Trade limits tied directly to Mastery Rating?  Check. 

It is one of the fundamental parts of the game.  :facepalm:

Having to use 3rd party tools to have any sort of decent user functionality is a bit silly. 

• Like 4

Still seeing plenty of scammers in trade chat trying to buy rivens for meta wapons at a fraction of their value hoping someone takes the bait, with others literally sitting on multiple rubico rivens at 1k+ each... doesn't seem that certain predatory ttitudes have been changed much.

Conversely it seems that normal player are even more at risk of being ripped off

• Like 2

On 2019-04-28 at 5:45 PM, MagPrime said:

Wait, when and why did Semlar "die"?

I'm on his site right now and it's still working?

On 2019-04-28 at 4:01 PM, trst said:

Am I missing something here because Semlar already has a new Riven search system.

It does not have nearly the same functionality. It is completely useless.

6 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Still seeing plenty of scammers in trade chat trying to buy rivens for meta wapons at a fraction of their value hoping someone takes the bait, with others literally sitting on multiple rubico rivens at 1k+ each... doesn't seem that certain predatory ttitudes have been changed much.

Conversely it seems that normal player are even more at risk of being ripped off

META weapons? The scam is who buy stupid rivens more than 100 plat.

The most underrated weapon in this game with a 5 disposition riven deals more damage than a your "meta" weapon with 1 or 2  stars...

The scammers are the streamers speaking about META weapons after they bought 1000 riven to sell them later...

Edited by bibmobello

What I see as problem is the chat.  In EVE online there is a built in webbrowser plus in chat you can link as well.  Making multiple chat rooms in order to make the life easier.  An auction house which works well.  The example is there but somehow DE think their system is better. 

Sadly their trading methods are very out to date and they need to rework it with the chat as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Psykhe27 said:

It does not have nearly the same functionality. It is completely useless.

Besides pricing history (which afaik was worthless since it was based solely on listing prices) what functionality is it actually missing?

It sorts and lists the mods people are actively selling, if you're looking for a very specific Riven you'll know if anyone is currently selling one. I don't see how that's remotely useless.

On 2019-04-28 at 3:20 PM, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Since Semlar went down I've lost 50-60% motivation to play. Hunting for good rivens for non-meta weapons has been my main joy in Warframe for a while. Not so much new fun stuff and exploration to do once you hit mr26-27. Fun rivens and fun builds with them were my solace and Semlar's site was my main tool for finding those rare niche rivens. The main issue is not finding the correct price for rivens, but finding the correct rivens you are looking for.

Trade chat is a disgusting mess, even with the filters. It is cancerous trying to find what you are looking for there.

The official stats DE has been releasing about rivens for fan developers are pretty much useless compared to the info Semlar had provided before. They are not a working substitute.

Bring Semlar back.

agreed and without an update to semlar's site so I know what a good price is I can't sell rivens either which hurts all of us even the mafia now has less access to rivens with the newer players less willing to sell

I agree with everything u said, the in game chat needs a buff/rework so bad.  Why cant the chat have its own in game web page, as it is now its impossible to follow or sift thru I never look at it.  I will say I've had great luck on Riven.market but prices in general will only go lower as the market sees more saturation over time.  Supply and demand.

Edited by hendrix923
changed mind

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

The Whole Concept Of Riven is awful and this stupid incident involving Semlar is a good example of why the system as a whole should be deleted. 

We are waaaay past being able to outright delete rivens, however redesigning them to be custom weapon augments is a great alternative. Giving utility in the place of raw power.

2 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

So wait, is the Riven Hunter not what you wanted?

https://semlar.com/trade

I'm genuinely ignorant on the matter since I don't trade rivens, but could you explain what features Semlar's Riven Hunter is lacking?

Semlar is currently looking for feedback on his new Riven finder, if anyone wishes to provide, it's current'y still under development.

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

We are waaaay past being able to outright delete rivens, however redesigning them to be custom weapon augments is a great alternative. Giving utility in the place of raw power.

We are way past that too... thats why keep waiting for Damage 3.0...

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

We are way past that too... thats why keep waiting for Damage 3.0...

If we can wait for a future update to fix it, we aren't past it. Can you imagine how many players would leave if rivens were removed? How much $$ DE would lose if they were removed, considering that they're what most of the plat is spent on?  

Making rivens into custom utility augments is the best course of action, gives DE new creative capabilities to make some boring weapons interesting, without making higher tier weapons even more broken.  Then if there are still underused weapons they can buff their damage output as needed.

1 minute ago, Tinklzs said:

If we can wait for a future update to fix it, we aren't past it. Can you imagine how many players would leave if rivens were removed?

Not an issue... this game is populated vy a constant stream of newer players antway...

2 minutes ago, Tinklzs said:

Making rivens into custom utility augments is the best course of action, gives DE new creative capabilities to make some boring weapons interesting, without making higher tier weapons even more broken.  Then if there are still underused weapons they can buff their damage output as needed.

This is what I want.... but its just never going to happen. Theresca bajjilion stats for rivens but really people only care about the same 5 Stats all related to DPS...  not utility. 

You used to be able to sell 5 to 10 rivens per weekend...

I mean, I am not one to say what people should and shouldn't do within a game - it is your fun, and you have it any way you want. That said, it sounds like 1st world problems. 

4 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

So wait, is the Riven Hunter not what you wanted?

https://semlar.com/trade

I'm genuinely ignorant on the matter since I don't trade rivens, but could you explain what features Semlar's Riven Hunter is lacking?

Shhh. They're beyond the point of reason now. They can only see the first two words in the title of the thread. If they know that you don't actually believe that the sky is falling they'll move to stage 2.

On 2019-04-29 at 4:00 PM, Ikusias said:

It seems like that's all it is.