The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How bad is your RNG

ace1868

7 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I have a clan mate who's a closed beta player. A few months ago he posted a victory meme about Stalker finally dropping Despair for him.

Took me ages to get Despair aswell and the sad part I never quite understood was the day he dropped the 1st by he visited 2more times that’s same day dropping 2 more Despair bps. 

7 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Yeah cause we've all been hunting just 1 item for the majority of our Warframe playtime.

I digress...

Totally missing the point, it’s not that we been hunting just 1 item, I simply am asking for 1 item that you actively and passively been after for the longest time. Reason why only 1 is because there are so many more items that can be listed as well.

On 2019-04-29 at 4:14 AM, ace1868 said:

Wow, that’s hard.

Didn’t even know those exist. Darn.

Time play does matter as it shows that you didn’t just run a few missions. I played on earth hundreds of times smashing hundreds of kubrows and dens not just like a few. 

I bought bite from a fellow Tenno that had quite a few of them and some how I have 1 vengeful revenant. 

use fussion for bite and try conclave for vengeful revenant

6 hours ago, ace1868 said:

Totally missing the point, it’s not that we been hunting just 1 item, I simply am asking for 1 item that you actively and passively been after for the longest time. Reason why only 1 is because there are so many more items that can be listed as well.

Fair enough.

Come to think of it...the systems really have been my "longest" hunt in Warframe. They REALLY would not drop for me. So ranking up Vox was impossible.

I swear it took me...3ish months. I gave up on them for a few weeks at random intervals due to demoralization.

I think one of my worst was the release of the Tatsu and it's stance "Wise Razor"  Had the Tatsu crafting nearly immediately, had all the resources.  So I tried grinding out the Coolant raknoids for it, I knew it had a small chance but after a day or two, no luck... so I went down the transmuting route. 

After burning through so many mods and cash I finally had it! The Wise Razor Stance for the Tatsu in all it's glory!

I got it on my next coolant raknoid kill a day later. 

My RNG is terrible in general. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck.

Sovereign Outcast (Before it dropped from tusks) - 50 hours of kuva survival, finally a friend gave me one so I wouldn't stay there forever.

Atmo Systems - quit the game for 3 months after farming for 3+hours of nothing but Bounty 2 averaging under 3 minutes per run.

Blazing Ephemera 141 runs to zone 8.

Freezing Ephemera - I have 5 Shocking, no Freezing. probably around 80 runs so far.

Smeeta rarely procs affinity - buddy I play with gets it all the time on our runs. 

The above is about par for the course for me.  Only recent exception was Korrudo - one run and done.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-28 at 8:46 AM, ace1868 said:

Looking for long term bad rng experience. Just 1, it must be something farmable and you must have over 1500 hrs

My bad RNG experience is that after 3402 hours of game play I am still yet to find Bite mod. I actively, passively farmed it and still no luck, to this day I still go looking for it till I get depressed for killing all those Kubrows. 

About a year and a half ago, Balor FarBOOFian showed up, and 2 other friends and I decided to farm the Imperator Vandal.

One friend stayed up all night and got it in the morning, the magical Receiver that used to be a 2% drop rate...

... my other friend and I, then could not stop farming, for almost the whole event as we now really wanted the stupid gun. It took us 3 days straight to get it to drop.

We would nap occasionally after a period of time, and just get up and go right back to it.

Total amount of our lives wasted:

3 Days.

136 Balor FarBOOFian runs.

(Took so long because we would have to stop, farm the nav beacon crap and farm more cryotic or whatever.)

When it finally dropped, we were so worn out and beyond frustration nor even caring, we just said on voice in a very slow and long drawn out fashion: "yaaaaay." Then we went to bed. My friend quit playing warframe then and has never come back and refuses to ever return to the game. A few months after that, Balor FarBOOFian returned, I got a receiver in 1 run and recently they changed the drop rates so all parts are 10%.

Any sense of "fun" was lost probably after the 4th or 5th run, so the whole weekend was an exercise in self torture.

In short: DE constantly loses players do to cross-purposes in a lack of a big picture design goal for fun, overwriting their own design constantly, and by methodically sticking to a horrid RNG system.

• Like 2

On 2019-04-29 at 3:13 PM, DrivaMain said:

Ever since the ephemeras were released I never got the smoking body from stalker after more than 20 encounters, now I am swimming in broken war and war blueprints. Please end my suffering..

Yes this is my bane as well, usual thing, Skalker drops in from counselling, dies again .. (thats for all those times when I was a newbie btw), and leaves me no ephemera! Damn the RNG on him seems rather low.. but I guess he'll visit again 🙂

20 hours ago, vakary829 said:

I think one of my worst was the release of the Tatsu and it's stance "Wise Razor"  Had the Tatsu crafting nearly immediately, had all the resources.  So I tried grinding out the Coolant raknoids for it, I knew it had a small chance but after a day or two, no luck... so I went down the transmuting route. 

After burning through so many mods and cash I finally had it! The Wise Razor Stance for the Tatsu in all it's glory!

I got it on my next coolant raknoid kill a day later. 

I was grinding for the mod for a good while.... gave up.. then they changed drop rate with a hotfix. Got it on the next run after rebooting... I learned a lesson about Warframe that day. 

Edited by Softballbryan

I actually have pretty good rng for the rare stuff. But I did spend months patiently farming the last Equinox part I needed and I felt good for using my self restraint and not buying the frame... for about a day... now I’d gladly burn the plat to get the time back. I learned a lot about myself then. To thine own burnout limit be true. 

Took me 31 radiants to get Kogake Prime gauntlet, half of which were radshares with friends. I was so mad when I finally got it I quit the game for two months.

I still haven't leveled the weapon.

I can’t reply to all the post but I fell the pain for all of them as I can relate to most. Some truly bad rng Indeed I’d say 99.999% bad rng on each one of our bane item out of many.

Edited by ace1868

On 2019-04-30 at 2:42 AM, CombustibleLemones said:

MR 22, over 1,500 hours. I don't have Berserker. I have everything I want from arbitration store and many Vitus Essence to spare, still no Adaptation.

I’ve been playing for 4 year, almost every night. I have 2 Rime Rounds. The first one I bought 2 months into playing. The 2nd one I finally earned about 6 months ago. On the bright side, I got all 3 stalker weapons about 3 months into the game 😁 

I've got a few.

16 runs for Rhino. For perspective, I got Equinox in 10 runs.

There's a rare sword stance from Bombards(non-corrupted) and I still don't have it.

The last I can remember was something north of 26+ radiant relics for a silver part for Nova Prime. These were radshares but still depressing given the results.