Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Itzal, i pick Zephyr

HatedByLifeItself

Hi, 

So i was using zephyr trying out her  3 in simulacrum vs 135s, and i used her 1 just to see how it was with a max duration build, absolutely insane, i did 1000m in 9s using her 1 , actually faster than archwing ( did not use itzal blink, just full speed) . So the question now is will Zephyr's 1 be nerfed ? because after Itzal blink gets removed i will only pick her (fastest way to deal with big distances), so DE please nerf Zephyr's 1 at it will remove choice from the game 🙂 ****sarcasm***. 

If they Nerf the Itzal. they are going to have to nerf a lot of other things. 

I really hope DE does not nerf the Itzal, the Players will only find another way to travel as faster than a archwing. 

Nova, Titania, Valkyr, Loki, Zephyr, Nezha. to name a few I can think of, That I can make go faster than a Archwing.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

I really hope DE does not nerf the Itzal, the Players will only find another way to travel as faster than a archwing. 

Nova, Titania, Valkyr, Loki, Zephyr, Nezha. to name a few I can think of, That I can make go faster than a Archwing.

Sure, but how is their performance once in the fight vs. what One might usually bring with Itzal carting them around?  There's some competition as to which Warframe to bring to a fight.  When it comes to getting around via archwing, there is no such contest.

They don't need to nerf Itzal...They need to nerf the mindset of hampering the players when they want us to try a new item they placed in the game...

We would use the K-drive if you could fish off it, see gems, and detect animals or their hunts zones...That would give the K-drive purpose for solo play..because the players are going to archwing blink, teleport, and Zephyr swoosh from point A to point B anyway they can regardless and if the K-drive is not fun..it's not fun (oh well, that doesn't mean kill something that is)..so just make them useful instead...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Sure, but how is their performance once in the fight vs. what One might usually bring with Itzal carting them around?  There's some competition as to which Warframe to bring to a fight.  When it comes to getting around via archwing, there is no such contest.

You can just use void dash to cover distance while spamming energy pads, speed-wise it will be similar, so you are not limited to any warframe.

2 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

performance will go down vs what once would of been carried by the Itzal. 

I am under no delusions that the efficiency will suffer if they nerf the Itzal.

il y a 39 minutes, Lost_Cartographer a dit :

Everything is so easy in Poe, even tier 5 bounties are doable using only 1 hand. Only bothering bounty type is the one where you have to control an area and keep up kps, then again killing is not hard, finding the enemies is harder, so take enemy radar and you done, you can do this with any frame, there is no content in Poe that requires a specific frame ( apart from eidolons)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Firedtm said:

How are you making valkyr as mobile as the others in the open plains or Vallis?  I assume you’re meaning her grappling hook?  Or am I missing something?

I'd suggested making K-drives into something of a psudo archwing sorta thing. Basically make it so each part adds something unique to the board. Like say built on weapons or something of the like. 

Trade the speed of archwings for a custom plank that dose more than slowly make it from point a to b. Make the parts we build it with matter. Instead of MR fodder.

Edited by (PS4)XxDrakenguardxX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Everything is so easy in Poe, even tier 5 bounties are doable using only 1 hand. Only bothering bounty type is the one where you have to control an area and keep up kps, then again killing is not hard, finding the enemies is harder, so take enemy radar and you done, you can do this with any frame, there is no content in Poe that requires a specific frame ( apart from eidolons)

Yet I hardly see the frames mentioned in PoE, suggesting it isn't as easy as you make it sound.

You can just use void dash to cover distance while spamming energy pads, speed-wise it will be similar, so you are not limited to any warframe.

A: Any frame [with War Within completed] can use void dash, and it's available to everyone, every Warframe, every school, as long as people have trained it up (as it's kind of $#!% without the distance passive.)  You don't choose void dash, it's given freely as a standard universal function.  It's like suggesting if I stack bullet jump speed mods to get around, that should be nerfed because OMG-FAST!  It's not just about being a fast mode of transport, it's about the exclusivity of the speed, the gap in the speed vs the next best option (within family) and the cost for having it.  There isn't much of a cost for using Itzal, and it most certainly is the fastest archwing in its family of options (other archwings.)

B: Energy pads recharge [War Within prize] energy?

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

il y a 10 minutes, Lost_Cartographer a dit :

Yet I hardly see the frames mentioned in PoE, suggesting it isn't as easy as you make it sound.

I don't see in which content a frame would not fit in poe , you literally only need your weapons, you can go into poe with a vitality and steel fiber on any frame and make it work.... aside from eidolons of course.

6 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

I don't see in which content a frame would not fit in poe , you literally only need your weapons, you can go into poe with a vitality and steel fiber on any frame and make it work.... aside from eidolons of course.

"...Steel fiber on any frame..."  Really?

Now I know you're grasping at straws here, and by my experience, most people aren't anywhere near that level anyway.  They might have the firepower, but when it comes to survival, they're either abusing CC, near-invuln, or they're asking for revives constantly.  And the former two have gaps in their defenses PoE enemies frequently find themselves naturally exploiting.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

Level everything down!

Running, rolling, bullet jumping, abilities, archwing, etc... Give everything but K drives the same maximum speed as walking.

That would obviously be the easiest, most effective, and most fair way to promote K drives.

I'm sure DE already has plans for that.

There was a time before archwing launchers were something everyone had. A time when they were also a limited resource. Every time you went into PoE it was nova, zephyr and volt everywhere. 

If you make a large open area that has to be traversed constantly, people will find a fast way to do so. That's just logic. 

I mean, you don't see Volt getting nerfed because he's faster than other frames. I see no reason for an Itzal nerf, considering that speed is its thing. That and invis. All the archwings have their uses, to be honest. Itzal is stealth and speed. Amesha survivability. Odonata is the excalibur of archwings - decent all-rounder and dps. Amesha as support. Elytron is dps nuker. 

Now, why Itzal is the most used cause for plains what you need is speed which is Itzal's specialty. If you went into archwing missions, Elytron or Amesha might be better. If you were to need high single-target damage, you might pick Odonata. But the main use for archwing is plains traversal, cause people hate the rest of archwing stuff (for many reasons), hence Itzal is most popular, cause Plains are most popular archwing use.

My view on it is that Itzal's blink needs to be nerfed not because it's faster than everything else, but because its more than a bit broken as a travel option. The instant teleport combined with the amount of range you can get out of it trivializes any travel issue.

People mention the Void Dash passives but there are limitations on that. It's only so far even at Max level, it uses a ton of operator power even with the maximum energy passives, and it's a really huge investment in the game for most people, requiring over a million focus. It's also a tool that anybody can use after that investment, regardless of their other tool choice.

Even with all those limitations on the Void Dash passives though, Itzal is still *much* faster than them. It also prevents any kind of in-travel interception or any other way for DE to break travel monotony. It's the equivalent of teleport spells in a D&D campaign, they make your DMs life a nightmare trying to have random encounters when you just teleport to the next town over.

Itzal needs to be toned down. We also need other fast ways to transverse the Plains/Vallis/Planes that are more accessible than Void Dash to counterbalance it so everybody doesn't just jump to Volt/Zephyr/Nova.

• Like 1

The ideal solution is rework the other archwing to be better at traversal. I can even use an example: Elytron Core Vent ability.

Such wasted potential cuz there isn't a reason to need the smoke screen unless you are putting more strain on the cores. A thrust increase during the core vents duration would be useful and allow players to explore other the elytrons usefulness in plains.

This is just an idea but instead of nerf how about just give archwings rework in general but blink as a passive for all and replace the ability with something else. Each archwings should have a strength but also weakness for air combat that makes them more distinct. K drives can specialize on land, the more tricks you can pull off....the higher you can jump( and I'm talking about sky high) and the faster you can move hence high risk high reward. With mods once you hit the ground you can do a elemental aoe blast while doing it with a friend you can make combine elemental damage.