The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cut it out with the Nightwave friend missions!

Scylax

Last week we had two Nightwave missions for Defense and Survival that required completing the mission with a friend or clanmate. This week, we have two Nightwafe missions for Profit Taker and a Sortie that requires completing the mission with a friend or clanmate. Stop it! This punishes players who aren't part of a clan and don't have any friends they regularly play the game with. The only way more me to complete these missions is to find a random to friend me in recruiting, or more likely, just spin up Warframe on a second computer.

• Like 3

DE's probably only going to change that once Season 2 comes around... even though they can adjust the challenges like they did when they were broken... but hey, only a majority of the people hate it, and just make single-serve friends, throwing them out their list one they're done with them, making the challenge near pointless... so #*!% it we'll keep it around for another 6 weeks.

Edited by AXCrusnik

24 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

DE's probably only going to change that once Season 2 comes around... even though they can adjust the challenges like they did when they were broken... but hey, only a majority of the people hate it, and just make single-serve friends, throwing them out their list one they're done with them, making the challenge near pointless... so #*!% it we'll keep it around for another 6 weeks.

Have you got any stats to prove that "a majority of the people hate it"?  It seems far more likely that it's a very vocal minority (as it tends to be) and everyone else is either for it, or indifferent to it.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Have you got any stats to prove that "a majority of the people hate it"?  It seems far more likely that it's a very vocal minority (as it tends to be) and everyone else is either for it, or indifferent to it.

I don't have statistics, but pretty much everyone who plays solo is likely to hate this, and a good amount of people do play solo. And that's not counting people who either 1. have no friends, 2. have friends that don't play this game, 3. have friends that play this game but both have busy schedules.

If it is a vocal minority, it's a big minority, and removing it won't make the challenges much easier so why even have it in the first place? If we want to do these challenges with a friend we will because typically things are more fun with friends... there's no reason to force it. Like I said, people will just friend someone then remove them after the challenge is done so just tell us to do a survival straight up without forced social interaction that almost never leads to an actual social interaction after friend requests are sent.

Edited by AXCrusnik

I dont play much, i start doing Nightwatch 2 weeks after it begin and almost never do the "with friend/clanmate" mission (even if i can), and i managed to finish the Wolf Of Saturn challenges.

So i imagine that it's not so punishing for solo players.

Yeah, loose 10k rep can seem much but in the end it really doesn't matter.

It's like others challenges (fight big bad spider, mine rare ores, gild a modular weapon) that need a specific requirement.

Not everybody can do it.

50 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

I don't have statistics, but pretty much everyone who plays solo is likely to hate this, and a good amount of people do play solo. And that's not counting people who either 1. have no friends, 2. have friends that don't play this game, 3. have friends that play this game but both have busy schedules.

If it is a vocal minority, it's a big minority, and removing it won't make the challenges much easier so why even have it in the first place? If we want to do these challenges with a friend we will because typically things are more fun with friends... there's no reason to force it. Like I said, people will just friend someone then remove them after the challenge is done so just tell us to do a survival straight up without forced social interaction that almost never leads to an actual social interaction after friend requests are sent.

I pretty much always play solo and I'm indifferent towards it.  And as to why DE wouldn't remove it, because they're trying to incentivise co-op play.  It's not even as though you have to do the 'with a friend' challenges to earn everything from NW so the forced argument doesn't hold much weight for me.  At the end of the day Warframe is intended to be a co-op experience and game design is going to express that.  Solo play needs to be possible in games and in Warframe (even within NW) it is very much possible to get everything without being in the same lobby as someone else (except maybe that one Lua puzzle). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

because they're trying to incentivise co-op play.  It's not even as though you have to do the 'with a friend' challenges to earn everything from NW

While it is understandable and I agree in principle I still personally find it better for playing a mission with a friend requirement with someone who is actually a friend or that I would consistently play with. Seeing as the schedules with the friends who play warframe can be varied (and is currently the same in my clan at the moment to be honest)  recruiting a "friend" from the recruitment tab cheapens the experience at least for me and only adds another step to the recruiting process or even putting a psudeo gate to those missions where you don't get anything otherwise. An exaggeration maybe but that's my thoughts on it. 

There is already enough reasons incentivizing playing with friends: it's fun, makes mission easier and so on. If someone doesn't play with friends they probably have a strong reason for that. And those reasons are plenty so I imagine a lot of people are put off by this.

And adding a random person as friend for a single mission isn't accomplishing a goal developers intended for this "challenge modifier". So I see no reason to keep it...

16 hours ago, Suncake said:

How being a part of a clan is a problem?

I'm in a solo clan, so no help from clanmates. The only other option is to add someone as friend to do these challenges, which I also don't do because I play solo/pub only. There is no  challenge, no difficulty in adding someone to complete a mission, but it is completely pointless to add someone only to unfriend him 10 minutes afterwards.

The challenge that requires a lv30+ stealth exterminate, now that's a real challenge, not because it's difficult, but because it requires strategy and variety of the standard gameplay. Killing X enemies with Y element? OK. Complete X times the Y mission type? OK. Mark X mods? OK. Friends? not ok.

7 hours ago, Daiwulf said:

I'm in a solo clan, so no help from clanmates. The only other option is to add someone as friend to do these challenges, which I also don't do because I play solo/pub only. There is no  challenge, no difficulty in adding someone to complete a mission, but it is completely pointless to add someone only to unfriend him 10 minutes afterwards.

The challenge that requires a lv30+ stealth exterminate, now that's a real challenge, not because it's difficult, but because it requires strategy and variety of the standard gameplay. Killing X enemies with Y element? OK. Complete X times the Y mission type? OK. Mark X mods? OK. Friends? not ok.

What's the point of a solo clan? DE just try to incentivise social activity within the game, so people play a co-op shooter together.

Even if you for some reason don't want to be in a proper clan, you can easily skip a few challenges and still reach max nightwave rank.

kiss_15kb.1556596507.png

Edited by Suncake

there are alot of the Nightwave challenges i find to be unfun. the friend ones, the index one, marking mods (like why even?). the ones i do find fun are those kills while aim glide, headshot kills, melee kills,

i also dont like how DE is lumping almost every new thing in with some kind of fake end game time constraint. 1 week challenges? no they should all be dailies. ayatan weekly should be bumped down to a daily since arbitration gives them to you and that isnt even a daily or weekly.

alot can be said about nightwave. its new and already needs an overhaul.

Edit: 5k should be dailies, 1-3k should reset hourly.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

10 hours ago, Suncake said:

What's the point of a solo clan? DE just try to incentivise social activity within the game, so people play a co-op shooter together.

Even if you for some reason don't want to be in a proper clan, you can easily skip a few challenges and still reach max nightwave rank.

kiss_15kb.1556596507.png

I have my own clan and constantly try to find new players (and clanless experienced players) to invite so as to help them. But nobody joins for whatever reason. And most of my friends don't play consistently enough to help me. That just makes these "challenges" more like boring busywork (which goes for most nightwave challenges). I want more stuff that makes players try something different or run a tough mission or really anything that is even somewhat interesting.

If you want to force co-op play, just say "Play with other players" not specifically "Play with friends".

• Like 1

The game already forces you to be part of a clan by clan-only research. Why we need more? I don't think that it helps anyone.

For me, although I DO have some friends and clan members, but I will not do it for it will trapping my friend/clan member to it.

Edited by DroopingPuppy
  • Like 1