Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give us a toggle to stay in Hysteria and not switch to guns

xDangerCatx

Please DE, melee 2.99999999 is painful on Valkyr.  She used to be able to aimglide while in Hysteria, but now she pulls out her gun and can get swatted down due to her invulnerability dropping.  The wolf and his flunkies stopped by during a mission earlier and there was a huge chance of when, in hysteria AND in melee stance, when I went to capture one of the wolf's goons, it would switch me to gun mode so I was standing there in the capture animation, my energy draining and I was taking heavy fire.  6 captures in one mission and only one of them I stayed in melee mode when I went to cap.

Until you sort this system out (IF you sort this system out) the melee update is a big nerf on Valk's ability to get things done.  Can't you at least give us a toggle to stay in melee mode when we activate an exalted weapon? I would rather shut off hysteria if I needed to shoot something than to have turn "off" but still have it draining energy due to me forgetting I can't aimglide anymore, or the game just messing up and switching me over to my gun.

• Like 2

that would be nice for Valkyr... died to the wolf and his cadre a few times because i was using Hysteria's block combo myself today... spent 6+ hours total farming 5 rounds of hydron to murder him. shocked a few people with how fast she can kill a level 70 wolf entirely on her own.

however it must be optional, its extremely benefical to be able to use your weapons with Wukong and Baruuks respective Exaulted weapons active.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

It's not autoswitch.

It only switches when you press the button to do so.

Don't press the button and it won't switch.

It's really not thaaaat hard to understand.

hi, said button is part of a combo then it must be pushed or held during melee, which often also causes this switch.

its quite hard to not push a button when what you are using requires you to push it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

hi, said button is part of a combo then it must be pushed or held during melee, which often also causes this switch.

its quite hard to not push a button when what you are using requires you to push it.

Unfortunately this is so.

Now the only way to avoid auto-switching on the main weapon is not to take it at all. Only melee weapons. Not always convenient, but more convenient than this "beautiful" system 2.99999999999 ...

Edited by Snoit

Nah, Melee 3.0 in general just needs to return the Equip Melee function melee used to have but was removed FOR NO REASON (2000% holster speed is not relevant to the swap mechanics and keybinds, nor are directional slams). That way if equip melee is pressed we get true melee back, if quick attack+ is pressed, it behaves as it does right now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Nah, Melee 3.0 in general just needs to return the Equip Melee function melee used to have but was removed FOR NO REASON (2000% holster speed is not relevant to the swap mechanics and keybinds, nor are directional slams). That way if equip melee is pressed we get true melee back, if quick attack+ is pressed, it behaves as it does right now.

That would be the best solution, but DE just don’t want to listen. Unfortunately, they do not want to admit that removing the Equip Melee function was a mistake.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ForNoPurpose:

You don't switch back during swing-animations, if you don't animation-cancel by rolling.

What you are describing is a blatant lie.

22 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

You don't switch back during swing-animations, if you don't animation-cancel by rolling.

What you are describing is a blatant lie.

You do if your frame is in a state that would force it into a default state, most notably if you are mid air due to the very attack shooting you straight when there is a slope.

• Like 1

And sadly it's not just about exalted weapons, with this melee system I can't even perform melee block combos, because most of the times it automatically switches to my gun instead.

I had to abandon a couple of stances because of this!!

The melee system doesn't have too try to guess what I want to do, most of the times it fails, and I don't wanna fail in game because of a bad unwanted game mechanic.

I remain open for changes in the next melee phase, but at the current state, it stinks.

Edited by Heidelgard
A few changes

A simple fix to this problem would be for exalted melee weapons to not allow weapon swap while active. This means you can aimglide and use combos which require the old melee block button. The only thing that should determine players toggling off their ability is if they cast the ability again.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Personally I was once onboard with having Hysteria lock you out of ranged, but I find myself enjoying having invulnerability turn off when I aim. The way I play Valkyr, it means if I'm doing it right I never have to drop out of Hysteria. I can selectively aim, get hit a bit to regain energy thanks to Rage/Hunter's Adrenaline and then hit melee to go right back to killing. No having to drop in and out of Hysteria. No going through the cast animation.

Edited by KokoroWish

43 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

Personally I was once onboard with having Hysteria lock you out of ranged, but I find myself enjoying having invulnerability turn off when I aim. The way I play Valkyr, it means if I'm doing it right I never have to drop out of Hysteria. I can selectively aim, get hit a bit to regain energy thanks to Rage/Hunter's Adrenaline and then hit melee to go right back to killing. No having to drop in and out of Hysteria. No going through the cast animation.

Using 2 bad design decisions (removal of melee for qa+ and hysteria being energy ramp on duration with los damage check rewarding cowardice and toggling every 2-3 rooms) to counter eachother isnt a good thing. Not having such terrible design in the first place should be the standard players expect.

I revive with Operator on invisiblity BUT with Valkyr its just habit that I do it while using her Hysteria ability and WITHOUT even pressing any keys sometimes while reviving player it switches her Hysteria melee Talons to a freakin primary/secondary weapon and suddenly I am about to die. I'm not even gonna mention messed up energy glowing elements on Valkyr's TennoGen because of the tweaks DE made to secondary energy color. This is  really annoying hell...

PS: Sorry for slightly offtopic post... 😒

Edited by Hategrinder

Exalted weapons in general feel like a massive gap in the recent melee rework, as being forced into a single weapon no longer works in a weapon that presumes the player has at least two weapons equipped and ready to use at all times. In general, I think weapon swapping is going to have to be adjusted a bit better to work with Exalted weapons in particular, but for Valkyr in particular I think there are two options:

• The simplest option could be to simply have Hysteria disable guns entirely, so that no matter what Valkyr does, she stays in Hysteria until she toggles out of the mode. This would restore it to the same functionality as Hysteria pre-Melee 2.9.
  • The option I'd prefer would be to have Hysteria's invincibility/life steal toggle be separate from Valkyr's claws, which would be their own innate weapon -- if the player wants to go full Wolverine they obviously should be able to, but then I don't think that necessarily has to be the only way Valkyr should get to go berserk.

7 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

Exalted weapons in general feel like a massive gap in the recent melee rework, as being forced into a single weapon no longer works in a weapon that presumes the player has at least two weapons equipped and ready to use at all times. In general, I think weapon swapping is going to have to be adjusted a bit better to work with Exalted weapons in particular, but for Valkyr in particular I think there are two options:

• The simplest option could be to simply have Hysteria disable guns entirely, so that no matter what Valkyr does, she stays in Hysteria until she toggles out of the mode. This would restore it to the same functionality as Hysteria pre-Melee 2.9.
  • The option I'd prefer would be to have Hysteria's invincibility/life steal toggle be separate from Valkyr's claws, which would be their own innate weapon -- if the player wants to go full Wolverine they obviously should be able to, but then I don't think that necessarily has to be the only way Valkyr should get to go berserk.

Tbh I'd prefer the first option as you described. No need to combine things and complicate everything.

Edited by Hategrinder