Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow console updates

I have played this game for awhile and know i have realize that they could careless bout console its always a problem with tennogen yup we still stuck at 14 pc gets skins yes we still have no atlas deluxe they just update pc every time i look around but console we have to wait months to catch up de hasntrealize they should just stop updating pc and let console catch up but noooo they just keep with the pc updates there on tennogen 16 we still on 14 what is the deal i know people are goin to take de side and thats the problem long as yall keep let them slide with these trash console updates they will keep letting it go on like know there focus on pc to give them a new update while console sits and wait like a unwanted step child

Punctuation is a thing you know?

Console builds have to go through certification so they will always be behind and this is down to the console manufacturers, not DE. DE is not going to slow PC releases just to let consoles catch up because the consoles are always going to be behind so DE would have to sit on every release until consoles catch up. Don't forget you get the benefit of us PC players helping squash bugs until the updates are released for consoles. We all know that PC is the primary platform because that is what DE develop on.

• Like 1

Console gets updates later than PC due to the game being built on PC first, then ported over and made to go through certification with the consoles.  This is a good thing for consoles, because if they release a bug that crashes the game on PC, they can fix it quickly and get it out.  If that type of bug hit consoles, we may be waiting for a while to get the bug fixed, get the new build through cert, etc.  We get a more stable game.  It doesn't mean DE doesn't care, it means that DE has to play by the rules of console.  If you don't like waiting, then play on PC.

DE has to keep bringing new content though, to keep people coming back.  If they made PC sit and wait where they are until console caught up, it would be unsustainable for a number of reasons and we would end up falling behind again anyway.

When it comes to Tennogen, I believe that they have to negotiate separately with the console people, which is why I believe it takes longer.

TL;DR - DE does care about console, you need to understand why the delays happen is all.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Deathwar101 said:

I have played this game for awhile and know i have realize that they could careless bout console its always a problem with tennogen yup we still stuck at 14 pc gets skins yes we still have no atlas deluxe they just update pc every time i look around but console we have to wait months to catch up de hasntrealize they should just stop updating pc and let console catch up but noooo they just keep with the pc updates there on tennogen 16 we still on 14 what is the deal i know people are goin to take de side and thats the problem long as yall keep let them slide with these trash console updates they will keep letting it go on like know there focus on pc to give them a new update while console sits and wait like a unwanted step child

How'd you not pass out and turn Blue?

More to it then just updates buddy. Tennogen also requires that their respective artists are paid. Licensing for one platform is not the same for the next.

I am pretty sure. Based on a "oopsy" of DEs(on the switch platform), alot of tennogen content is already there on your console, but locked away till things like Licensing is handled. Lawsuits dont make this game more money, now do they?

Blame the console manufacturers. There would be no problem if they simply gave developers an option to deliver updates on their own.

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

When it comes to Tennogen, I believe that they have to negotiate separately with the console people, which is why I believe it takes longer.

Yeah the Tennogen works need to be licensed to be brought to consoles. DE actually negotiates with the Tennogen creators themselves for that and probably steam as well. With that license they basically make a deal for payment over a certain number of sales DE expects to make on the skin. They do not get a live cut over each sale like what happens on steam.

This is at least how I understand it from the first batch that went to console.

Edited by Airwolfen
  • Like 1

How cute that you've been playing for a while. I've been here for years, and I know that updates have been coming much faster recently. Before you'd have to wait 1-2 months minimum for every update. Now we've had it reduced to an average of 2 weeks, and using the same "PC Beta test, port and cert" method, which means it's the same system, but much faster.

And those are just the facts. As far as my opinion is concerned I wouldn't mind 1 month at all. Specially because ever since Exploiter Orb Mother I've been seeing a lot of bugs, and bad ones at that. Which means that the faster updates come at a cost of lower performance. And I play consoles mainly because I like the trade-off of waiting more but not having to worry about my game running well and polished. Unless something like cross-play/cross-save becomes a thing someday I don't want faster updates. The only instance where I'd accept a more unstable build on consoles would be if I could switch between platforms, which doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon. And right now we still have to wait, but we also have more bugs. So yeah, all that whining from us players got us was the bad sides of both worlds, and I hope it doesn't get worse.

Now, as far as Tennogen and "Console negligence" are concerned, 2 things:

• A new player, Nintendo Switch, has entered the arena. This means renegotiating most deals that existed before regarding Tennogen. Give them a chance to catch up ad don't be entitled, because both PS4 and XB1 had to go trough the same and you wouldn't have liked if PC told DE to disregard consoles because most players and money are on PC.
  • Before speaking of console negligence, see that we have exclusive packs, we can buy Tennogen with plat (even if that advantage is balanced out by the lower plat rates) and they have made an incredible effort to appease to the people whining about the waiting times between updates, which I mostly disagree with for the reasons stated above.

That's about it. It's what we have, and it's quite fair, much better than it once was overall. Playing the poor sobbing victim card whenever it suits one is truly shameless and disgusting, from this smaller complaint, to bigger issues such as racism, sexism or other problems.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Okay okay, since I see both extremes of each side I will give my 2 cents.

Consoles require much more work then PC, specially wen it comes to Tennogen (Look what happened to Switch lately) so lets go by parts.

Tennogen :

• Tennogen items need licensing before being placed on consoles so that the creators receive profits, not doing so opens DE to lawsuits by the creators of said items.
  • Even though we are behind Tennogen and on Atlas Deluxe, [DE] Danielle has stated that they are releasing it together whit Arbitration's 2.0 and that they were working on the build.

Updates :

• Has some have said, and others more extremely then what it really is, Warframe is first made on PC and then revamped for Consoles, this also helps DE finding major bugs which means that we console players wont have bugs that can make our game crash, but obviously we still get our fair share of small/annoying bugs since PC players arent "beta testers" like some call themselves, they simply have to deal whit the major bugs since they are the main build, because if DE could update Console like they can PC then PC wouldn't have to take the major bugs by themselves.
  • Certs are the problem that we and DE have to deal whit, DE not only has to pays for each cert/hotfix they have to make, but consoles have to approve of the cert build (unlike Steam) which means DE has to make sure the build is much more perfected then the PC one (even after fixing the major bugs) so that they dont fail cert.
  • Same time updates are possible, we have seen this whit Nightwave, BUT, it was a surprise update, which means DE probably had Nightwave ready for PC for a while but chose to wait and take their time to perfect the build and release it for everyone at the same time, now, this could be done whit every update, but that would mean that we would have updates maybe each 3 months rather then 1 update each month, which means DE would have to delay PC (and lets be honest PC players would not like that).

Conclusion :

• As a PS4 player, I wish we were in sinc whit PC and maybe once DE starts getting bigger this becomes a reality, but as of now I see why things are what they are, consoles are the ones mainly at fault for DE not being able to have same time updates because of the cert process (same reason why cross-play as of now is impossible), so DE would need to have a contract whit consoles similar to how Steam works so that they could hotfix Warframe on consoles as they please, but right now ? Impossible.

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

We get a more stable game.  It doesn't mean DE doesn't care, it means that DE has to play by the rules of console.  If you don't like waiting, then play on PC.

[...]

TL;DR - DE does care about console, you need to understand why the delays happen is all.

The Nintendo Switch would like to have a conversation with you about that x'D

Stable game? Haha x'D The switch version needs some serious TLC down the road.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

NSW is new.  They're likely still working out bugs.  Still, is the game crashing to the point that it can't be played?  Is it bricking your NSW?  Are there game breaking bugs that you can't get around?

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

We get a more stable game.  It doesn't mean DE doesn't care, it means that DE has to play by the rules of console.  If you don't like waiting, then play on PC.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

NSW is fairly new to Warframe so DE has to slowly get used to it until they menage to bring NSW to similar ground as PS4 and XBOX, now dont get me wrong, you are both right and wrong.

Even though DE truly cares about consoles and sadly as to fallow their rules, our game isn't that much stable compared to PC, what you can say is that we get updates that lack some major bugs (like bugs that crash the game, even though some still come trough like the infinite elevator), but at the end of the day the PC build will be superior since its in constant update, specially wen it comes to lighting since it seems DE sometimes forgets to add some visuals to the console builds (Saturn Six Captura lacked the red light even though PC had it).

So yes, DE does indeed care as much for the console players (we are still a source of money) as they care for PC, but we also cant really call the console versions more stable wen all it doesn't have is major bugs that should have been detected before being sent to PC.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

So yes, DE does indeed care as much for the console players (we are still a source of money) as they care for PC, but we also cant really call the console versions more stable wen all it doesn't have is major bugs that should have been detected before being sent to PC.

Less bugs = more stable.

1 minute ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Less bugs = more stable.

The thing is that the bugs that are patched are usually bugs that could have been prevented or are quickly fixed (usually simple errors on the coding or just 2 scripts going against each other).

But if you wanna go for the "Less bugs = more stable" then still, in the end of the day, PC will have a much better and stable build, since DE can quickly hotfix any bug PC has while Console usually only get hotfixed after a few bugs are found since DE cant spam hotfixes on Consoles, so sure, we start better then PC, but the PC build will end up being much more clean then ours by the end of the day.

Crazy for a company that knows what they are doing. If you want to play a game with updates current with pc then go play fortnite. in order for a console game to get an update, they need to pay xbox (not sure about PS4) $40,000 or something stupidly high like that. PC costs nothing, so they release it on there first, do as much bug fixing as possible, and then send it in for cert.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-29 at 6:19 AM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yes to faster updates! Nightwave proves it's possible! Go for it DE!

you are aware that for something to release on all platforms at once means it just went to cert with out any one saying anything? Its not magic and was approved for release before any of us were made aware of its existence so it could all be dropped at once night wave also didnt prove anything its happened before in the past 

On 2019-05-02 at 1:31 PM, (XB1)Deathwar101 said:

-Snip-

You refusing to understand how Microsoft handles updates doesn't mean that people trying - in vain - to explain things to you are "DE slaves". You can be ignorant, you can be immature, you can be angry that your platform doesn't get updates like you wish it would, but that doesn't change how things work out. People aren't mad at you, either. They just think you are being obtuse and uneducated - and you get made fun of for it. Rightfully so, by the way.

• Like 1

-Snip-

You realize this game is rated mature right?  Don't think you should be playing it.  Anyway as long as consoles make them profit they care, it's called business.  They have actually been doing a good job with the updates.  Exactly what update are you crying about?  There's no new major content we're missing.  Some aura forma with a horrible drop rate, a deluxe skin for a frame I never see anyone play with and some syndanas?  Let's get out the pitchforks.

-Snip-

It has nothing to do with "mindsets" and everything to do with "facts".

What you want will never happen.

You have no idea what you are talking about and should be ashamed that you are getting angry when you dont understand the situation.

The reason people are "mad at you" is due to the crappy tone of your post, not the content.