Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow console updates

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Considering all the UI bugs & issues the Jovian Concord has had on PC...

I'd gladly wait till July for the update.
The New UI screens aren't so hot atm. =/

I'll take a bugged-out mess and just push through it like on PC. Better than absolutely nothing like what's happening pre cert. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

I'll take a bugged-out mess and just push through it like on PC. Better than absolutely nothing like what's happening pre cert. 

See. I understand your sentiment.

But everytime DE does this the forums, reddit, & etc EXPLODE into raging fires.
The Console UI update (The menu Cursor) shall forever be my shining example of this.

Everyone wanted the update asap, DE said the UI wasn't finished for console but they could push through a partial UI.
They did...and well...their was figurative rioting in the streets.

Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

See. I understand your sentiment.

But everytime DE does this the forums, reddit, & etc EXPLODE into raging fires.
The Console UI update (The menu Cursor) shall forever be my shining example of this.

Everyone wanted the update asap, DE said the UI wasn't finished for console but they could push through a partial UI.
They did...and well...their was figurative rioting in the streets.

Oh wow I actually remember that now, it was definitely not optimized for consoles. True The village does come out with torches pretty quickly. I wish in between these draughts they would release the tactical alerts at the least. They already exist, don't Know why they've been collecting dust. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

Oh wow I actually remember that now, it was definitely not optimized for consoles. True The village does come out with torches pretty quickly. I wish in between these draughts they would release the tactical alerts at the least. They already exist, don't Know why they've been collecting dust. 

DE can't please everyone, and are right either way in this situation - So I will respect whichever way they fly on it. 

Short answer is no. otherwise DE have to held back updates for PC, because they can easily patch on PC but need certification from MS/Sony ( Nintendo probably too ) for the updates.

And you should be happy that PC is testing updates while comsole players normally gets the more stable and less buggy version.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)dropnation40 said:

I know this is dumb to say but I feel like it dumb to wait 2 to 1 months after PC gets one can you explain why?

Plus dont be salty and toxic when commenting 

Hard NOT to be salty and toxic when its already been explained MULTIPLE TIMES why there is a delay. 

Try using the forum search function...

Just a few of the results I turned up, putting "console updates" in the search box. Some are related to cross play, rather than updates specifically, but they all cover the reasons why console updates happen a month or more after PC.

This topic has been discussed to death on countless threads already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yes we could, if de would actually use their money correctly and pull together an actual QA team like every. Single. Other. Developer.

But what am I saying, sounds silly to have that what every other developer has. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why would they pay testers, when pc player do it for free? Food for thought. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Yes we could, if de would actually use their money correctly and pull together an actual QA team like every. Single. Other. Developer.

But what am I saying, sounds silly to have that what every other developer has. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boy this post is so far off base it's comical. This is about certification. It doesn't matter what DE does they still have to get updates cleared through Sony, Microsoft etc. That takes time and that time is not on DE's part.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You have no clue how this works

None of you have

Timed correctly a cert process can take less than 24 hours depending on size etc. Up to 3 work days. If it's longer it's probably failing because it contains code that can harm the console. Nothing more, nothing less. But since de doesn't use an actual QA team they need weeks and months for fixing the mess they're doing, and they haven't learned a bit in those 5 years I'm playing.

The cert process is not what's holding updates for months, it's de's inability to release something stable BECAUSE they don't have a (good) QA team.

What y'all saying is synchronized updates are impossible, yet almost every other developer is able to do so. Why? Because they are actually testing their ish.

I'm sorry you're going to have to show a source for your "claims" especially about them not having a QA team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

You have no clue how this works

None of you have

Big talk for someone who doesn't work at DE and spouting stuff like:

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

if de would actually use their money correctl

So you know exactly how much money DE makes, and how much they are paying there stuff. You know how much money they have at the end of the day.
But if you know all that, why aren't you working at DE, streamlining their processes?
Oh, I forgot that talking big in the forum is easier...

Btw. Why are you so salty?

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Start the game after an update and see for yourself, only the inability of not having a full QA team is able to let so many bugs slip, needing months of fixing before it can be shipped to console. Sorry but that's common sense. No other game I've played handles it like this. If it's for example something completely new coded, like railjack for example, I'd understand a lot of bugs, because it'll be literally a whole new world, but even small updates have so many bugs it's kind of sad. Yes the game is in beta but I've played more stable alphas. And guess what the most important bugs are even with the console build like broken abilities etc. Come on

Ty for confirming you know nothing about game development ether. I get it it sucks to not have updates at the same time m8 but thats the way it is atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

At the moment? It's been years, always promises they'll be faster and even #*!%ed up our controls and now we have this stupid sluggish mouse cursor.. I mean come on, no other game does it like this. At least no other game I've played. 

How often do those games get content updates and is it comparable to warframe ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

And then again, why are other developers able to synch updates or have less waiting times? Why? 

Because their PC-version has to wait longer.
Something DE has said would never happen.

In other words, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have to get their act together, not DE. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are just way to slow...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)dropnation40 said:

wait 2 to 1 months after PC

Seriously, why do people regurgitate stuff without thinking if it's true or not. That 1 month thing hasn't been true for the longest time now... Either you started your account this very week and started browsing old threads, or idk...

I mean, if you want to get taken seriously at least make sure that you're telling the truth. Average time is way less than 1 month now.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

They have to take time to get feedback from pc players and fix those bugs accordingly. The actual cert process doesn't take that long. From what i've seen, it is usually a week wait between them putting an update in cert and it actually coming to console. The wait sucks because everything is spoiled by the time console players get the update, but it is what it is. I'm just happy DE actually puts regular updates to Warframe. Not every developer bothers to update their game post release.

• Like 1