Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow console updates

I have been playing warframe on ps4 for a long time and I get where people are coming from with pc "beta testing" but we still have issues on exclusive to console anyway. What I believe is that occasionally maybe like 4 times out of the year like quarterly we should be on the same page as pc. I just want to migrate my ps4 account to pc to play with my friends without losing all the progress I made. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EmptyLoadedMagazine said:

I have been playing warframe on ps4 for a long time and I get where people are coming from with pc "beta testing" but we still have issues on exclusive to console anyway. What I believe is that occasionally maybe like 4 times out of the year like quarterly we should be on the same page as pc. I just want to migrate my ps4 account to pc to play with my friends without losing all the progress I made. 

The thing is it's obvious that it's not true beta testing in the literal sense of the word. No one thinks that. But the fact that pc players serve as a good and cheap testing and stress platform it's pretty much the same as a beta test, even if they don't do it professionally and with supervision and a task list. But they do report the bugs to DE so they can fix them asap.

So beta testing, but not really beta testing. Tomato-tomato for anyone with half a brain cell.

As for cross-progress, DE did state that it might become a possibility in the future. So let's hope it does become reality.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SealthruxTV said:

Quite a huge stretch there. But no, we arent beta testers. Yes the game comes with a few bugs, but they are fixed. Thats not how betas work tho. It comes from the simple fact that you do not know what a beta tester is. And no, the updates arent universal because sony and microsoft like taking their time slowly reviewing everything and having problems with everything.
Ya the Jovian update had bugs, for like 2 days. Then it was just normal warframe. You had to wait like what, 3 weeks ? Ya, DE wasnt reviewing bugs by then bud, microsoft and sony were just doing their thing. 
Also, ever wonder why updates are TAILORED more towards the PC playerbase ? Because we matter more. PC is the main platform for warframe.

I wouldn't go so far as to say PC matters more than console. Financially speaking, I'd say a large portion of their money comes from console, since we can't purchase discounted plat, so we don't have an excessive amount of it in the system, thus leading to inflation and a decrease in demand. If Warframe moved entirely to PC and pulled the game from consoles, I doubt DE would be making as much as they are now. Outside of PA packs and Tennogen, very few people on PC really have a reason to buy full priced plat, since you can purchase stupid amounts of it for half the price (granted you have a coupon). Without console players, PC wouldn't have much, and without PC, console wouldn't exist. Neither matter more than the other.

But thats just my opinion  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say PC matters more than console. Financially speaking, I'd say a large portion of their money comes from console, since we can't purchase discounted plat, so we don't have an excessive amount of it in the system, thus leading to inflation and a decrease in demand. If Warframe moved entirely to PC and pulled the game from consoles, I doubt DE would be making as much as they are now. Outside of PA packs and Tennogen, very few people on PC really have a reason to buy full priced plat, since you can purchase stupid amounts of it for half the price (granted you have a coupon). Without console players, PC wouldn't have much, and without PC, console wouldn't exist. Neither matter more than the other.

But thats just my opinion  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, DE would of course make less money but I I'm pretty sure PC players spend more than console players, specially cuz there's more players on pc than on consoles 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SealthruxTV said:

Yes, DE would of course make less money but I I'm pretty sure PC players spend more than console players, specially cuz there's more players on pc than on consoles 

Do you have the specific data for that? I tried looking, but the closest thing I could find was the Steam Charts. According to Steam, the highest amount of people who used Steam to play Warframe is 131,766.

PtEeHcf.png

I haven't anything close to that, for Playstation's data, so I'll just go off of the next best thing: The number of times Warframe (PS4) has been reviewed. Looking at Warframe through the PlayStore, it says it has been reviewed 289,612 times.

ZCNaklt.png

That is more than double the amount of times Warframe on Steam has been played. Now lets say, 75,000 of those 289,612 players are inactive, that still leaves us with more players than Steam's chart shows. And that's just for PS4. There are still plenty of people who haven't even bothered to review the game, but still play it regularly. It is incredibly likely that there are in fact, more console users than PC users, simply because consoles are more accessible. Not everyone can afford a computer that can run Warframe (let alone store 40gb of data), so of course, they'll buy the next best thing.

(Right now, I can't port screenshots off of my PS4, so I can't share a pic of the Playstore's review count). Thank you Mag.

Edited by (PS4)The1stAzrael
Added an image.

Most certs are submitted on a friday, and are passed on tuesday at the latest. And we must take into account both DE and at the very least Sony doen't work on weekends, making cert a 1-2 day process for most updates, apart from the big year releases such as PoE or Fortuna.

On 2019-06-12 at 11:22 AM, SealthruxTV said:

Quite a huge stretch there. But no, we arent beta testers. Yes the game comes with a few bugs, but they are fixed. Thats not how betas work tho. It comes from the simple fact that you do not know what a beta tester is. And no, the updates arent universal because sony and microsoft like taking their time slowly reviewing everything and having problems with everything.
Ya the Jovian update had bugs, for like 2 days. Then it was just normal warframe. You had to wait like what, 3 weeks ? Ya, DE wasnt reviewing bugs by then bud, microsoft and sony were just doing their thing. 
Also, ever wonder why updates are TAILORED more towards the PC playerbase ? Because we matter more. PC is the main platform for warframe.

Yes, I did uninstall the game just to reinstall it to prove a point.

You're wrong.

Look at the date and time in the bottom right corner.

unknown.png

We're beta testers.  You have to agree to that to download the game.

59 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You're wrong.

unknown.png

Heh. The lengths some people will go to to prove a point. Kudos for doing it anyway.

I think a copy of that Open Beta agreement should be pinned to the top of the forum, so that every times someone whines about stuff, we can just refer them to that.

I have seen on other forums, some people argue that since F2P games are always under development, that Open Beta status doesn't, or shouldn't apply. But rules is rules, I guess. Be interesting to see them challenge that in a court of law.

46 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Heh. The lengths some people will go to to prove a point. Kudos for doing it anyway.

I think a copy of that Open Beta agreement should be pinned to the top of the forum, so that every times someone whines about stuff, we can just refer them to that.

I have seen on other forums, some people argue that since F2P games are always under development, that Open Beta status doesn't, or shouldn't apply. But rules is rules, I guess. Be interesting to see them challenge that in a court of law.

Yeah, doesn't matter what I think about how beta works.  I clicked agree to download and play, that makes me a beta tester regardless. 

9 hours ago, MagPrime said:

You're wrong.

unknown.png

I hope you realize the game has been "In open beta" since update 8 or something. Its open beta everywhere. Thats how they defend themselves from criticism. Nice try tho

23 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Do you have the specific data for that? I tried looking, but the closest thing I could find was the Steam Charts. According to Steam, the highest amount of people who used Steam to play Warframe is 131,766.

PtEeHcf.png

I haven't anything close to that, for Playstation's data, so I'll just go off of the next best thing: The number of times Warframe (PS4) has been reviewed. Looking at Warframe through the PlayStore, it says it has been reviewed 289,612 times.

ZCNaklt.png

That is more than double the amount of times Warframe on Steam has been played. Now lets say, 75,000 of those 289,612 players are inactive, that still leaves us with more players than Steam's chart shows. And that's just for PS4. There are still plenty of people who haven't even bothered to review the game, but still play it regularly. It is incredibly likely that there are in fact, more console users than PC users, simply because consoles are more accessible. Not everyone can afford a computer that can run Warframe (let alone store 40gb of data), so of course, they'll buy the next best thing.

(Right now, I can't port screenshots off of my PS4, so I can't share a pic of the Playstore's review count). Thank you Mag.

Thats not al all time peak. Thats overall. Theres probably beens MILLION AND MILLIONS on PC. You cannot use overall ammount of users in any way for that.

8 minutes ago, SealthruxTV said:

I hope you realize the game has been "In open beta" since update 8 or something. Its open beta everywhere. Thats how they defend themselves from criticism. Nice try tho

Been here that long, so I'm well aware. 

But, you still had to agree to be a beta tester to even download the game.  Talk about how Warframe isn't "really" in beta anymore just as a CYA all you want, wont change the fact that we are, 100%, beta testers.

Nice try tho.

Just now, MagPrime said:

Been here that long, so I'm well aware. 

But, you still had to agree to be a beta tester to even download the game.  Talk about how Warframe isn't "really" in beta anymore just as a CYA all you want, wont change the fact that we are, 100%, beta testers.

Nice try tho.

If we go by that logic, then ANY game you play, you are beta testing. Its not a beta anymore, its literally just a way of DE defending themselves for bugs and S#&$

Nice try tho+-*/

2 minutes ago, SealthruxTV said:

If we go by that logic, then ANY game you play, you are beta testing. Its not a beta anymore, its literally just a way of DE defending themselves for bugs and S#&$

Nice try tho+-*/

Not if we use your logic.  

My logic?  We agree to a beta user agreement, that makes us beta testers.  

Doesn't matter the reason or current development of the game.  We agreed to be beta testers, so, we're beta testers. 

Keep trying tho, it's cute.  

57 minutes ago, SealthruxTV said:

Thats not al all time peak. Thats overall. Theres probably beens MILLION AND MILLIONS on PC. You cannot use overall ammount of users in any way for that.

Try reading it again. Under the number, it says "All time peak". When a weather reporter says "Temperature have reached an all time peak/high", we all know that means, that's the hottest it's ever been. If there were millions and millions of PC players, don't you think that number would've been higher? Actually, if that was the overall number, that still wouldn't have affected my argument, in fact it would've enforced it.

Edited by (PS4)The1stAzrael
typo
  • Like 1

For all the people saying "its the certification process!"

Get on out of here, cert takes like 3 days, DE announces when an update enters cert, its really just DE and how much resources they dedicate to optimization for console versions of games.

Certs also been becoming more smooth, DE and Console Manufacterers have been "strengthening relationships", which is why we dont have that god awful 1 week wait time.

Edited by (PS4)Wolfou_Jams

So I’m gonna talk about it. The big elephant in the room for all console players right now. The console tennogen round. Tldr, its abysmal this round. Two Syandanas 2 weapons and Only one skin?????? As someone who regularly buys tennogen this is a terrible round. Even the last round, which was also terrible imo, had 3 skins. For reference tennogen bundle xxv(the last bundle basically before the switch controversy) had 11 ITEMS. 4 of which were skins. The fact that tennogen round 14 still isnt all on console is insane, that round came out November 2018. The Nintendo Switch has really been a detriment to tennogen and I believe everyone can agree, it genuinely sucks that future console tennogen will basically be worthless.