Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing, potential unused

(PSN)ATreidezz

Ever play Anthem? The flight gameplay in it is good, it has verticality, and flight maneuver, making the flight very enjoyable. 

Now the open world areas in warframe doesn't offer verticality, but that doesn't mean it cant be fun. 

Im suggesting to rework the flight mechanics in archwing, the momentum where you cant immediately stop after boosting must be removed, add some maneuver like barrel roll or loop the loop in it, add some archwing racing mini games in the open world areas and customisable "archwing obstacle course" in dojo. 

But most importantly, rework the way we engage enemies in archwing. Take Ace Combat game as an example, air to air dogfight is different with air to ground attack.

All these times, we dont really rely on archwing because our warframe is already capable of destroying gigantic enemies with ease, we need to make archwing relevant. Like DE made archgun "slightly" relevant on a certain mission. 

I wish to see a squad of archwing carpet bombing a grinner camp or dropping a smart bunker buster missile to destroy unreachable target underground, like in the avengers age of ultron movie where iron man did that to disable enemies shielding on their base, or maybe like those dogfight scene from Star wars ep IV where luke destroy the deathstar. That would be cool. 

TL DR, archwing actually have potentials. 

Lemme know what you think of this. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Ever play Anthem? The flight gameplay in it is good, it has verticality, and flight maneuver, making the flight very enjoyable. 

GASP! You mentioned ANTHEM. Heaven Forbid that a game usually considered bad have any good elements, let alone have such ideas transferred to Warframe! Quality is a binary system that affects the entirety of an experience and NOTHING can have redeeming factors!

I jest in case it wasn't obvious.

Archwing, fortunately, is actually on the books for a rework in the near future. There are thoughts to make it more 'Zone of the Enders' though, as opposed to Anthem, most likely due to speed disparity. Ideas like these may get implemented.

Plus, of course, there's Railjack which will pretty much force Archwing into at least some form of relevance.

• Like 1

Strike Vector Ex is one of those games where you play it and instantly realize this would have been a great PVE game if they had chased after Warframe's free-to-play business model..

Only instead they went with PVP and it died...

Bad story, Bad music, and Bad Voice acting...BUT..the flight mechanics and environments were a blast to fly around in..The bots could give you pause and it was fun..it was genuinely enjoyable...Yet, it never caught on and they failed to considered PVE beyond some lip service in modes that would not reward this player base with in-game currency...

I'd like to see DE take the pop and lock ease and transfer it to Archwing....Take some inspiration from the environments because they were enjoyable to fly around in and just have fun with it...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (PS4)ATreidezz:

Have you a basic knowledge of level design? Anthems overused flightsystem is making level design completly useless.

This has even been confirmed by Bioware devs who felt cheated after the flightsystem was made a fixes part of the game, since all their work went down the drain.

The flight system was implemented a long time, after the level design wrapped up and it was not put into the game because it's a good mechanic, but because some headhoncho really liked Ironman.

The same goes for Warframe, the open areas are desgned for groundcombat first and foremost. Forcing an overlyence on the flightsystem into them just for the sacke of having something that another game has WILL result in a massive failure (just like in Anthem).

I personally like the concept of the archwings and with the upcoming implementation of them in railjack I think they can become more relevant and fun to use again. At the moment the main use for archwings is to get around fast in the open world areas. As for the missions they are technically sound in concept but they are implemented in game leaves something to be desired. Speaking from personal experience the archwing missions such as racing a timer to catch escaping ships is a good mission idea but doesn't allow for any stealth based flight as it were. In the mobile or point defense missions again technically fine but it's just a copy/paste of other missions (And i think both suffer from a lack of oh s**t moments like every few waves a mini boss figure pops up to try and ruin your day rather then mindlessly blowing through endless waves).

The point I think i'm building up to is that Archwings are good but need better missions to showcase how they could be used other then just the Iztal for speed. Rather have it it like bringing different frames to other missions to maximize the mission results. That and working it so you don't fly into the walls every 5 seconds or is that just me .