Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Its about time for stars to fall again.

butka1998

Question

Its quite some time since the last plague star event. I guess its about time se were taking on infested on plains again. With the rework PoE recieved... And its great thing to fill out emty time before tennocon that could give DE more time to work on New War and Railjack. What do you think?

• Like 1

24 answers to this question

Lol it's not like Plague Star takes anything out of the development team. It's literally already made. They just flip a switch saying "yes it's on right now". The idea that it, in any way, impedes development on things like Railjack and New War is foolish and a testament on how little people really know about game design.

To your statement though OP, yes it's good to hold people over until these bigger things are coming.

• Like 8

Why not. I could always use more Formas.

Plus, Plague Star Stage 2 was something that made me sweat a bit in past two times I played it, and has made me fail the whole Bounty a few times. Well, unless the thing sent me to the mixer on the coast, at which point it was like this:

in762q.jpg

Anyway, I think I've become stronger since then; gained a few more options to deal with something like this. I think I might even be up for making it a bit harder, just for the Hell of it. I'm rather itching to find out.

Edited by KnossosTNC

4 hours ago, Azlen said:

Lol it's not like Plague Star takes anything out of the development team. It's literally already made. They just flip a switch saying "yes it's on right now". The idea that it, in any way, impedes development on things like Railjack and New War is foolish and a testament on how little people really know about game design.

To your statement though OP, yes it's good to hold people over until these bigger things are coming.

Eh, maybe the PoE remaster messed up Plague Star a bit. You never know what kind of code spaghetti DE is working with.

5 hours ago, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Nope.  I'd rather they focus on Railjack and New War to get those out without glitches.  

Plaguestar takes a bit of backend work since things need patching because assets etc but for the most part it's set and forget at this point. So turning Plaguestar on is not going to detract from Railjack or New War. 

The only thing that might is if they spent time working out how to streamline it even further so it could literally be flipping a switch like the Fomorian/Razorback/Ghouls, Which I doubt they are going to do since those resources are probably working diligently on those things you said. So I wouldn't worry about that angle either. 

Edited by Oreades

On 2019-04-29 at 6:29 PM, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Nope.  I'd rather they focus on Railjack and New War to get those out without glitches.  

Then you didnt understand... if they start plague star thats already finished they can focus on those and players will be ocupied...

Maybe the PoE remaster HAS delayed iteven longer? I imagine there might be some assets that would need to be fixed or updated to the remaster. I can also now see players having to deal with the Hemocyte and a Thumper at the same time.

• Like 1

On 2019-04-29 at 11:39 AM, KnossosTNC said:

Why not. I could always use more Formas.

why we want to see it to be honest.  I use to use it for wisps but I don't need them as badly now so I will finish my exodia contagion and __ sets as well as get some more forma, I desperately need more 

On 2019-04-29 at 11:29 AM, (PS4)boilerhogbc said:

Without glitches, really? That is like 75% of the experience anymore lol.

On 2019-04-29 at 12:42 PM, Helch0rn said:

another one of these threads?

god damn there is one every day. can't people use the stupid search function anymore?

They could but if people continue to make new topics, then perhaps DE will finally understand that people want this to come back.

On 2019-04-29 at 4:17 PM, Gentleman_Bird said:

Eh, maybe the PoE remaster messed up Plague Star a bit. You never know what kind of code spaghetti DE is working with.

Fair point, but I cannot say that the remaster was really needed. They were supposed to be the PLAINS of Eidolon, not mildly wooded area. lol

Edit: Just thought of this but if the remaster had messed with the Plague Star event then would it not have also messed with the Ghouls? That one seems to be occurring still, regardless of the Plains remaster.

On 2019-05-01 at 10:32 AM, Atsia said:

Maybe the PoE remaster HAS delayed iteven longer? I imagine there might be some assets that would need to be fixed or updated to the remaster. I can also now see players having to deal with the Hemocyte and a Thumper at the same time.

That would actually be a cool fight to have. I am down with that!

Edited by Reisbig2009
Update Comment

45 minutes ago, Reisbig2009 said:

They could but if people continue to make new topics, then perhaps DE will finally understand that people want this to come back.

If they want DE to see their feedback then, and hear me out because it sounds really crazy, they should post their feedback (you know the part where they say that Plague Star should come back) in the feedback section of the forums because DE normally does not read General Discussion.

But that's just one of my many crazy ideas.

On 2019-04-29 at 1:08 PM, o0Despair0o said:

That makes 3 Cancer Star threads in one day.

What part of "No." is so hard to understand? Unless we get another full-year content drought, DE won't just randomly bring this event back.

Not to mention that PoE is swarming you with all kinds of annoyances already. A swarm of failures infested is the last thing I need.

Please kind sir or madam, if it pleases you, explain to me why plague star rustles your jimmies so much when you would be free to just not bother with it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Please kind sir or madam, if it pleases you, explain to me why plague star rustles your jimmies so much when you would be free to just not bother with it.

it's not the Event, it's the spam of threads begging for it that annoy people because there is one every day and because these kind of threads argually belong into the feedback section of the Forums

1 hour ago, Helch0rn said:

it's not the Event, it's the spam of threads begging for it that annoy people because there is one every day and because these kind of threads argually belong into the feedback section of the Forums

Ah. I apologize for misunderstanding you.

You have a point, and to be honest I find myself less motivated to come back to these forums. I mean no offense to the moderators, the members, or digital extremes but this forum seems like their have been complaints to the point of being spammy lately. Grind this. Nightwave that. Buff this. Nerf those. Rework these.

5 hours ago, Helch0rn said:

If they want DE to see their feedback then, and hear me out because it sounds really crazy, they should post their feedback (you know the part where they say that Plague Star should come back) in the feedback section of the forums because DE normally does not read General Discussion.

But that's just one of my many crazy ideas.

That I agree with then. It probably should be placed in the feedback section. However that was not how your statement was originally phased. i merely found this by searching for Plaguestar. That was why I did not understand what you said. My mistake.