Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn can't Eidolon (with a 94K Balefire Charger)

MPonder

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Lots of frames can't do eidolon runs effectively. At best, maybe 4-6 are viable. I'm not surprised Hildryn is among the group that isn't.

Title is a little misleading, it's more of an issue that the most powerful radiation weapon can't compete - being her exalted Balefire Charger. 

Even if all other mechanics were not to effect Edilons, why can't this weapon? 

Can she at least keep the lures alive?

Maybe kill the drones during the recovery stage? 

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag
  • Like 2

Well of course not she needs crit/crit damage if you was able to slap on 2 avengers mabye then yeah, but by that time you would run out of shields due to the eidolons impossible to dodge or avoid attacks. #*!%ing Homing bullets yo they need to stop with that. I don't even know why that is a thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

With this: 52OaWjI.jpg

Only 4K dmg per shot (12K with 2 multishot, if 2 multishot). It was charged btw.

Seems like when I tested Ogris, maybe eidolons have resistence to AoE dmg weapons.

Silly you! DE only wants you using snipers for this fight! No other guns allowed! I had a 12K radiation Hek with the special mod and all. I shot the Teralyst point blank in the knee... Was like 92 damage per pellet. Isn't that wonderful!? You get to use a sniper with Hildryn! Yay!

Oh and it's more than just AoE weapons. Before having the MR to wield a Rubico Prime (or even an understanding of why!), I tried a lot of high base stat damage weapons. None of them worked very well! I am convinced DE only wants you using snipers for this fight.

• Like 6

Only AoE weapon I saw used effectively vs Eidolons was Sancti Castanas on high strength Ivara. Which was pretty damn cool to see.

It's a shame there's such a big damage reduction. Hildryn could've been fun to run to shake things up a bit.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

Silly you! DE only wants you using snipers for this fight! No other guns allowed! I had a 12K radiation Hek with the special mod and all. I shot the Teralyst point blank in the knee... Was like 92 damage per pellet. Isn't that wonderful!? You get to use a sniper with Hildryn! Yay!

Oh and it's more than just AoE weapons. Before having the MR to wield a Rubico Prime (or even an understanding of why!), I tried a lot of high base stat damage weapons. None of them worked very well! I am convinced DE only wants you using snipers for this fight.

Actually, I forgot about not critting on Eidolons.

if you don't crit, it has some dmg reduction, with a 2.0 crit dmg, if you have 4K, if you crit, it would be 8K dmg, but on eidolon is like 16K for some reason. Well, this is for amps, didn't test on Weapons yet.

Only 4K dmg per shot (12K with 2 multishot, if 2 multishot). It was charged btw.

Seems like when I tested Ogris, maybe eidolons have resistence to AoE dmg weapons.

She can eidolon, just not solo. Also, you probably would have to use mutalist quanta (for the crit buff) if you haven't been doing so. I saw this video of someone dropping limbs with her charger a while ago, the video isn't in english however. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTVNOGXYvZQ

• Like 1

Actually, I forgot about not critting on Eidolons.

if you don't crit, it has some dmg reduction, with a 2.0 crit dmg, if you have 4K, if you crit, it would be 8K dmg, but on eidolon is like 16K for some reason. Well, this is for amps, didn't test on Weapons yet.

I mean, I've seen a Volt on youtube using Opticor Vandal to shoot off limbs... But that has known problems like the magnetic proc somehow messes up how the gun's main damage on the limb. I'm pretty sure he was using some special stuff to pull that off! Maybe a Riven? I don't know... Oh yeah, he was glitching the Teralyst and it was basically frozen somehow. That probably helped!

I'm just not very optimistic about non-sniper weapons on Eidolons anymore. It's hard to compete with the scope bonus and combo system unique to snipers.

9 hours ago, MPonder said:

Mine does 116,258 damage, it can kill a level 160 corrupted Bombard in 2 fully charged headshots, or 1 hit if one of the projectiles crit. But I'm certain that A Rubico Prime with a really good riven could have oneshot him or even just getting a higher combo. While Balefire can't do that.

It's not AoE.

Eidolons have weird damage reduction on top of their armour. Both on their shields and their health.

Roughly speaking, you get around 90% DR before armour, but crits are twice as powerful as they should be.

So balefire is a pretty bad choice. Also it has raw damage, but sniper raw numbers are deceptively low. Zoom bonus and combo counter exist, pushing, say, decently built Rubico P burst DPS way higher than what you get with balefire charger. Even before you account for eidolon crit mechanics that basically further double crit based DPS on Eidolons.

Edited by lnfine
  • Like 1

hace 5 horas, (XB1)Skiller115 dijo:

Mine does 116,258 damage, it can kill a level 160 corrupted Bombard in 2 fully charged headshots, or 1 hit if one of the projectiles crit. But I'm certain that A Rubico Prime with a really good riven could have oneshot him or even just getting a higher combo. While Balefire can't do that.

Can confirm rubico p 1 shots a lvl 160 corrupted bombard, even with 0 combo:

That being said it has a riven while your balefore might not. 

I still find archguns pointless and wouldn't bother trying them in eidolon or anything outside stuff like profit taker

hace 13 horas, nslay dijo:

Most guns with a high cc and crit multiplier are viable... I can 1 shot all eidolon limbs including hydo with volt+ catchmoon so the statement of it being limited to snipers it terribly wrong. 

15 hours ago, MPonder said:

Nope... AoE Weapons are merely rubbish....

Now don't get me wrong weapons that merely have an AoE effect after a normal shot are perfectly fine. Such as The Opticor.... but Dedicated AoE Weapons are so underwhelming.... don't bother with them. Unless if you don't care about damage then in that case... bother with them.

• 1 year later...

My Hildryn CAN Eidolon solo. Her Balefire does about 3 instances of 6k/quickshot on the first Eidolon. I tend to solo the first Eidolon My Hildryn's Balefire does 121,693.8 quick shot damage, and 243,387.6 Charged shot damage. I haven't tried a Treidolon hunt solo yet, so I don't know 100%, but I can take down the first Eidolon in about 10min. Also, it doesn't matter to my Hildryn if the Eidolon does its magnetic shock. She tanks through it.

Edited by (PSN)Giant_Peach333
Forgot to respond to another's post about magnetic damage being done.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Giant_Peach333 said:

My Hildryn CAN Eidolon solo. Her Balefire does about 3 instances of 6k/quickshot on the first Eidolon. I tend to solo the first Eidolon My Hildryn's Balefire does 121,693.8 quick shot damage, and 243,387.6 Charged shot damage. I haven't tried a Treidolon hunt solo yet, so I don't know 100%, but I can take down the first Eidolon in about 10min. Also, it doesn't matter to my Hildryn if the Eidolon does its magnetic shock. She tanks through it.

(Yes I know this is necro, but I am curious)

How about fully charged shot? Last time I tested Hildryn with a full charged shot on an Eidolon it only deals less than 10.000 damage.

But in all seriousness now: the reason for Balefire performing "poor" against Eidolons that is that the Eidolons have some kind of strange damage reduction (apart from Armor), in which the higher the damage from the weapon, the higher the damage resistance they get agains it. This damage reduction of theirs doesn't take into account critical multipliers though, so that's why high crit weapons (like Rubico Prime, Redeemer Prime, Stahlta, etc) excel against Eidolons, but high damage / low crit weapons (like Exergis or Balefire) suffers against them.

This is a link for the Wiki page/section in which their damage resistance is explained. Spoiler alert: the Eidolons are not the only enemies in the game with built in damage reduction apart from Armor.

• Like 3

On 2019-04-29 at 12:38 PM, nslay said:

Silly you! DE only wants you using snipers for this fight!

People still use sniper rifles for eidolon fights? Thats a rookie weapon, gun blade can bring on down in a before you can pull the trigger on a snipper riffle (no riven needed)

Just now, minininja77 said:

People still use sniper rifles for eidolon fights? Thats a rookie weapon, gun blade can bring on down in a before you can pull the trigger on a snipper riffle (no riven needed)

DE changed the falloff range about a year ago. Redeemer Prime now has 90%+ damage fall off at 30m. Stropha is even worse with 90% at 18m. Gunblades work fine on Terry but fall off against the second 2 eidolons since they are much taller. 

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

DE changed the falloff range about a year ago. Redeemer Prime now has 90%+ damage fall off at 30m. Stropha is even worse with 90% at 18m. Gunblades work fine on Terry but fall off against the second 2 eidolons since they are much taller

i dropped all 3 last night no issues with the redeemer, stropha sucks though