Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing to Scanner is preventing to Switch to another weapons

(NSW)Yagami_Sama_000

Since the last update, every time I am in a Archwing mission, when I try to scan something, after that, I am not able to press X, to switch to another weapon, it got stuck on the scanner. And I need to open the gear menu again, and choose the scanner again in order to be able to use the weapon again. 

Note that this is happening, with a Warframe, with only two weapons.  I have the habit of going into mission with only two weapons, Melee and Primary, in order to earn more affinity, and if I choose the scanner, it wont change to the weapon by pressing X, it got stuck on the scanner, and this sometimes cause weird bugs, like my Trinity Prime making the pose o holding the primary weapon, while holding nothing, Volt getting with their hands stuck when try to take the Kronen from his back, and the primary weapon not reloading. 

Unfortunately I don't have the tools to capture a video straight from the Nintendo Switch, and it would be good if you guys enable video capturing on the console, it would be easier to report this kind of issues. 

Hey, everyone! Thanks for your reports. I've experienced some similar issues when trying to switch to a weapon after using a gear item. The team has your reports - every detail helps our Nintendo Switch QA team figure out what's amiss!

Are you able to use the gear wheel and select the scanner again to deselect? This is works for the PC build, which is also experiencing this with Tenno but was corrected for the warframes themselves.

2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hey, everyone! Thanks for your reports. I've experienced some similar issues when trying to switch to a weapon after using a gear item. The team has your reports - every detail helps our Nintendo Switch QA team figure out what's amiss!

What about the fishing spear, hunting gun etc, they don't even allow you to use warframe power. PC though. 

This is NOT a Switch-only issue! Playing on PC, had the same problem a few days ago in a melee only sortie. Scanned a frame fighter fragment, was "unarmed" afterwards.

@[DE]Helen can you please also send a notice to the PC-Team (and probably other console teams aswell) to check this?

This is definitely not a Switch-only issue and it's been occurring since 24.6 Mainline.  I tested a bunch of different configs for that report in the hopes of helping it get solved.

Edited by Andvarja

Just now, (XB1)DakVoidcloaker said:

Also an issue on xbox.  I never found a way to get my primary weapon back after using a scanner in archwing missions.

okay thanks for letting me know - we'll take a look at each platform

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

okay thanks for letting me know - we'll take a look at each platform

Could you also improve general logic of datamass carry and scanner?

Currently using scanner from quick slot when holding an object and switching back makes you drop whatever you carry.

It's not just arching, this was meant as an improvement. 

Loadout issues -

Switching to scanning and then doing a melee, if you aim it quick swaps to scanning. If you actually were trying to scan prior to the update and things would get in the way so you quickly melee, you'd have to go back into your gear wheel and that Samaris target just runs off... now that's not the case, but it seems you can only swap from melee to secondary  if you're codex was previously used. So Archwing suffers with only a primary, and you must go in the gear wheel. Same issue in normal missions if you don't have a secondary equipt.

If you only run a primary & melee and are carrying a datamass aimgliding always drops the datamass. And those corpus maps with chasms become annoying. But you can aimglide with a a scanner and  a datamass, but the first person is kinda annoying.. there are some really annoying things with melee quick swapping.

If you want to run a good force target on you for blocking, you aren't pressing any button or else you swap away from melee or are attacking preventing melee.

I'm sure there are plethora of issues with open world archwing/weapon/gearwheel swapping.

... I got carried away. I don't think any of this is a glitch, it all really belongs in feedback as we pioneer these new mechanics.

While we are at it, Switch's motion aiming on Hildryn's Balfire + her final ability doesn't work.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

was going to add this to pc bug but then checked and someone posted it on Nintendo one already so quick reference this is happening on all systems
effects

• archwing missions
  • archwing underwater areas like neptune

Xbox, PC, Switch

Plains of Eidolon > works as intended with normal gun and scanner
ORB Vallis > works as intended with normal gun and scanner
sadly i'm not far enough to use the archwing weapons in the open areas to check