Regiaz20

Upgrading my PC, i need tips for a Grafic Card

Disclaimer: english is not my native language so expect some bad writting ... maybe ... kinda

So as the tittle says, im looking to do a little upgrade to my pc because after the new min specs update im unable to play Warframe on a constant 60 fps and i cannot even load the open world. the objetive of this post is to ask u guys that 100% know better that me (trust me, u do) where i should go given my current specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-D3H 

APU: AMD A10 7700K Radeon R7, 10 compute Cores 4C + 6G 3.40 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB DDR3 

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

I think thats all, if u need more info or something let me know, as u can see the logic option is to invest on a Grafic Card, and some extra RAM so i need recommendations for a grafic card and ofc that it work on my current specs if possible

Budget: 100 - 175 € (im from Spain)

im looking for a decent setup for warframe on a stable 60fps, no need to max details or all that, my friend says  a GT 1030 and 4gb more ram should be enought for Warframe but im not rly sure so thats why this post.

i rly hope u guys can help me on this 😄

Posted (edited)

With that budget i would go for Radeon RX 570.

Edited by Mover-NeRo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

i doubt your GPU is the biggest hurdle here to begin with, even though i don't doubt that the performance of that APU is limiting somewhat.

your system simply does not have enough Memory to play Warframe with reasonable performance (you will be using Swap File 100% of the time), and the CPU is... maybe sufficient but also not grat in its own right.

while i agree that an RX 570 is great performance for the price, it's also not going to solve your problems, it will only slightly improve the situation. i'm sure it'll function a bit better because both Windows, the APU, and Warframe won't be fighting over the same very small Memory bank - but even with a dedicated GPU, 4Gbytes isn't really enough anyways.

if you can't afford to solve multiple problems at once, you can minimize the impact of this limitation by closing all Web Browsers and other unnecessary Applications before launching Warframe. everything.
however, if you could do 175 Euro for this, an RX 570 should leave you sufficient room to look for another stick of Memory. another 4gig stick (ideally one that is identical to the one you have to maximize compatibility) like that is something you can..... probably? find for less than 30 Euro. i recommend looking at User Listings in your area for used Memory first, since that will probably cost a bit less.

now, what would be the ideal thing to do? well, that would be to build a new Computer, at this point. the AMD FM2+ Socket doesn't really have any upgrade paths in it, and does not contain any high performance parts in the first place.
obviously, this is more expensive as you will need to buy a Motheboard, a CPU, and probably Memory (anything new will use a different Memory format, but there may be price appealing used choices available in your area). and then still buy a GPU anyways.

i would ballpark estimate that replacing the entire core of the computer would cost you about 330 Euro. just so you know. remember that this is an estimate because i don't know what pricing is like in your Country, or what the used market is like in your Country. but Spain is a 1st world Country so i assume that there is availability.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 5
  • Satisfied 1

Second the RX 570. Would be more than then enough. thankfully warframe is fairly well optimized

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Is there even 4gb version of 1030?

GTX1050(ti) or RX570 are your options in that budget bracket. I'm using 4gb 1050ti and run the game at 60 fps for more stable fps, but it even runs 144, but drops in more action packed moments.

If you want to save some money, you can pick something cheaper. Your hardware, especially memory will bottleneck the gpu somewhat. Warframe itself doesn't require much in terms of hardware. It runs on my old gtx 465 1gb gpu on lowest, but stably.

Edited by MessoR
  • Like 1

175 euro should be enough for an rx570 (120 euro) and 4gb more ram (15 euro) for a total of 135 euro

First... I would highly recommend a graphic card over all grafic cards

In all seriousness, 60fps is completely unnecessary.

The A10 is probably a big limiting factor, and you really should invest in another 8gb of memory or more.

Truthfully, you're probably better off getting a more current system with DDR4. The latest Ryzen 5's have more than enough power to play warframe. Still no comparison to a dedicated graphics card though.

Keep in mind some of these higher end cards use a TON of power. Based on your current system stats, I'd be concerned about the PSU.

Bandaid solution? Get a used card for less than $100 and keep on rocking. But again, 4gb of RAM is quite low. Buy as much as you can afford or at least add 8gb.

All opinions of mine - I've been building PCs for 20+ years now, and while I appreciate the "best" and "fastest", I've found myself to become a much more pragmatic builder as time goes by. Ie, another $600 in hardware to gain 20fps? I cannot justify it.

</end rant>

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

Actually, since you wanna go there, it's called a graphics card, not a graphic card. Shouldn't correct people if you don't get it right.

That's your opinion (as you already stated). Gaming on PC with sub 60 FPS feels very non fluid and sluggish.

</end rant>

Since we're doing the correction thing, that's not really a rant, unless your way of venting is to give people advice.

• Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know what your looking for, but that budget is pretty limiting. I'd say a Radeon rx570 is probably all your gonna be getting because better cards are gonna cost much higher

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with those saying you need more RAM. Your lack of sufficient RAM is probably limiting you more than your graphics card. 4gb really isn't enough these days. 16gb would be great, if you can find DDR3 within your budget, but I think 8gb would be enough to get you by. 

Edited by gryfinn
Forgot a tidbit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, here's my suggestion.

You need a CPU, not an APU. Therefore you need a new MOBO. Paying for a DDR3 mobo is simply not worth it anymore since Ryzen is out. SO bassicly, you need a new CPU, MOBO, RAM DDR4 and GFX card. I would tell you to get the RX 570, but your APU is simply not enough, it will bottleneck like hell (frame drops into 5 fps every 3 seconds and freezes) and every other "new" graphics card would do the same.

My suggestion is:

Ryzen 5 1600x (or 3600x when it realeases this year)

RX 570 8 GB(Sapphire and XFX have nice PCB so it wont get that hot)

Any DDR4 16 GB RAM at 2133mhz is enough.

MOBO: Pick one that has at least 6+2 or 6+4 VRMs. That would be any x370 or x470 even.

PSU: Something with 650 W is enough for a lifetime

And a word of advice. You don't buy a PC for just one game. Plan ahead. Otherwise you will just end up broke. This setup will keep you alive for at least 5 years if not more given the fact that we, as humans, basically reached the max level of CPU power since going over 5 GhZ is useless and just consumes more power and generates heat while it's not worth the performance. Spend some more money on it and you will be happy for a long time.

Edited by Pohani_Herkules
  • Like 1

hace 9 horas, taiiat dijo:

i doubt your GPU is the biggest hurdle here to begin with, even though i don't doubt that the performance of that APU is limiting somewhat.

your system simply does not have enough Memory to play Warframe with reasonable performance (you will be using Swap File 100% of the time), and the CPU is... maybe sufficient but also not grat in its own right.

while i agree that an RX 570 is great performance for the price, it's also not going to solve your problems, it will only slightly improve the situation. i'm sure it'll function a bit better because both Windows, the APU, and Warframe won't be fighting over the same very small Memory bank - but even with a dedicated GPU, 4Gbytes isn't really enough anyways.

if you can't afford to solve multiple problems at once, you can minimize the impact of this limitation by closing all Web Browsers and other unnecessary Applications before launching Warframe. everything.
however, if you could do 175 Euro for this, an RX 570 should leave you sufficient room to look for another stick of Memory. another 4gig stick (ideally one that is identical to the one you have to maximize compatibility) like that is something you can..... probably? find for less than 30 Euro. i recommend looking at User Listings in your area for used Memory first, since that will probably cost a bit less.

now, what would be the ideal thing to do? well, that would be to build a new Computer, at this point. the AMD FM2+ Socket doesn't really have any upgrade paths in it, and does not contain any high performance parts in the first place.
obviously, this is more expensive as you will need to buy a Motheboard, a CPU, and probably Memory (anything new will use a different Memory format, but there may be price appealing used choices available in your area). and then still buy a GPU anyways.

i would ballpark estimate that replacing the entire core of the computer would cost you about 330 Euro. just so you know. remember that this is an estimate because i don't know what pricing is like in your Country, or what the used market is like in your Country. but Spain is a 1st world Country so i assume that there is availability.

hace 9 horas, ZelUrk dijo:

175 euro should be enough for an rx570 (120 euro) and 4gb more ram (15 euro) for a total of 135 euro

hace 8 horas, (XB1)Blueberry2006 dijo:

The A10 is probably a big limiting factor, and you really should invest in another 8gb of memory or more.

Truthfully, you're probably better off getting a more current system with DDR4. The latest Ryzen 5's have more than enough power to play warframe. Still no comparison to a dedicated graphics card though.

Keep in mind some of these higher end cards use a TON of power. Based on your current system stats, I'd be concerned about the PSU.

Bandaid solution? Get a used card for less than $100 and keep on rocking. But again, 4gb of RAM is quite low. Buy as much as you can afford or at least add 8gb.

All opinions of mine - I've been building PCs for 20+ years now, and while I appreciate the "best" and "fastest", I've found myself to become a much more pragmatic builder as time goes by. Ie, another $600 in hardware to gain 20fps? I cannot justify it.

</end rant>

hace 6 horas, gryfinn dijo:

I agree with those saying you need more RAM. Your lack of sufficient RAM is probably limiting you more than your graphics card. 4gb really isn't enough these days. 16gb would be great, if you can find DDR3 within your budget, but I think 8gb would be enough to get you by. 

OK, so the conclusion here will be:

GPU of choice: Rx 570 (4gb or 8gb?)

4~8 Gb RAM Ddr3 (same Mhz as the one i have right now? or it doesnt matter?)

i can strech a little bit more of money and get both and start saving money for the next year to build a PC from 0 to 100.

im waiting for the confirmation of this and Thanks u all!

My eldest lad plays WF with an old Q9550 with 8gb of DDR2 and an MSI Twin Frozr 7950.

Youngest lad has a Pentium G3258 with 8gb if DDR3 and a 1050ti that requires no external power cable.

Both run Windows 7 64bit and no overclock. 

Both manage Warframe just fine.

4 hours ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

It will most surely bottleneck, and you will get constant freezes during gameplay. My brother made the same mistake. You need a good CPU to run that card. Even a RX 560 will give your constant freezes. Your APU is straight garbage.

my budget is what i posted, 175€ max, i just cannot affort a CPU , GPU AND RAM, and no, im not gonna be getting money for that for a long time (november maybe) 

yeah ur post is amazing and well detailed but then what? should i stay here watching ur well thought build and dream all day for that or try and get a decent build with the budget i have just to finish this year, i mean if u have another good option i will hear it

15 minutes ago, Regiaz20 said:

my budget is what i posted, 175€ max, i just cannot affort a CPU , GPU AND RAM, and no, im not gonna be getting money for that for a long time (november maybe) 

yeah ur post is amazing and well detailed but then what? should i stay here watching ur well thought build and dream all day for that or try and get a decent build with the budget i have just to finish this year, i mean if u have another good option i will hear it

You could get a 1050ti, it uses significantly less CPU power to be operated, as do all nvidia gpus. It also uses significantly less electricity to be operated, as do all nvidia gpus. And it is capable of doing constant 60fps in warframe. The downsides are, it's more expensive and is it slightly weaker than the rx570. But you are still within the 175euro budget with 145euro+15euro.

Purchase online, and if it is not powerful enough you have 2 weeks return right according to EU laws. ( double check that in the store)

8GB video ram is not needed because neither of these gpus are capable of utilizing this much before it hit its limits.
8GB of system ram is important to get.
8gb vs 12gb of system ram is a very tricky question actually, and can't be answered in a single sentence

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Regiaz20 said:

GPU of choice: Rx 570 (4gb or 8gb?)

4~8 Gb RAM Ddr3 (same Mhz as the one i have right now? or it doesnt matter?)

an 8GByte model is preferable for how much more useful it will still be in a few years, but for your purposes here, it won't make a difference which one you pick.

pairing a GPU with atleast another 4Gbyte of Memory will be your minimum bar to hit, yes.
read the sticker off of the Memory, and try to find the exact Model Number. if you can't, try to find something close. while mismatched Memory will probably manage to work together, the idea is to not ask for trouble. Memory is the most finicky thing in computers, so we want to minimize any conflicts as much as possible. even two sticks of the exact same Model Number Memory can conflict with each other in rare cases. so trying to pick the most similar thing if possible is the preferred place to start.

just remember that you're bandaiding a bad situation. but a GPU and having enough Memory to do basically anything at all, will make a difference. you'll still be limited in maximum performance by the Processor but it will be passable, for now.

36 minutes ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

you will get constant freezes during gameplay.

intermittent Freezing or other stuttering of that sort, is almost always caused by a Software Conflict, not Hardware.
and it is most certainly not caused by Hardware that has performance overhead and is waiting for other parts of the system. that is not how computers work.

29 minutes ago, Regiaz20 said:

yeah ur post is amazing and well detailed but then what?

don't let that person put emotional baggage on you, the Post wasn't 'amazingly detailed'.

• they only said to purchase exact parts without explaining why they were being so limiting in their suggestions.
  • and making the mistake of trying to sound bigger than everyone else talking about the Power VRM on a Motherboard, but not in a way that actually means anything at all - nor will it matter if you won't be Overclocking anything on Ryzen or purchasing the new >8 Core Processors that will be available in the future. it just ultimately doesn't matter to the average user because Overclocking potential on Ryzen is almost nonexistent and provides very slim benefits.
  • but then when it came to Power Supplies, only said "buy literally anything" in not so many words.
  • and to make things better, referred to Processor Frequency as if this is still the 90's during the Ghz wars. Processors haven't been built that way in decades, a specific Frequency number means almost nothing for actual performance.

i don't usually like to talk this way but when there is an attempt made to harm someone else financially, it's worth it.

5 minutes ago, ZelUrk said:

You could get a 1050ti, it uses significantly less CPU power to be operated, as do all nvidia gpus.

It also uses significantly less electricity to be operated

i'm sorry, that's not how computers work. Brand A vs Brand B GPU does not "uses significantly less CPU power". there is no such thing as this.
please don't spread lies about computer Hardware.

however yes, most 1050Ti models do have less Power delivery requirements. all that brings up is wanting to inquire about the Power Supply situation and whether the OP's system has PCI-Express Power Connectors at all. if the Power Supply does, then it won't matter. even with some proprietary level ~300W Power Supply they would be well within the limitations of the system with an RX 570 added on.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Regiaz20 said:

If you're poor, you gotta buy expensive.
If you buy cheap, you buy twice.

You can't afford a setup that is a wise and reliable investment, and thusly, should not invest at all. You should save up, and yes, until November if need be. Your current rig is so outdated and behind the curve that partial replacement will only result in choking, and you will more than likely not get any benefit out of it because of that.

Save up. Buy when you can afford:
> Board (~100)
> CPU (~150)
> PSU (~100)
> RAM (~100)
> GPU (~200)

Research - there's plenty of sites, such as Tom's Hardware, that address budget builds or do reviews of hardware ranging from entry to enthusiast level. These forums here aren't going to help you, as there are five thousand posters with six thousand opinions, and you don't have the expertise to decide educated from spitballing layman's advice. You are asking for help, which is good - you are just asking the wrong people, in the wrong place, and you came here with the wrong hope: That you can just buy [thing] for 175€ and be golden. But that's not how Computers work - there's synergy, cohesion, dependencies.

And your base framework is sadly not up to snuff.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

ii'm sorry, that's not how computers work. Brand A vs Brand B GPU does not "uses significantly less CPU power". there is no such thing as this.
please don't spread lies about computer Hardware.

Yes there is. What you are forgetting are the drivers. AMD drivers require significant cpu time to be operated, which is why you see users here reports fps drops on a weak system like OP's config, which is pretty much a dual core cpu,( i'm mentioning it in case you are not aware that pre-ryzen amd "cores" are not the same as intel cores) and does not have enough processing power to do things.

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

an 8GByte model is preferable for how much more useful it will still be in a few years

8GB of video ram on a low end card will never be useful. They neither have the power nor bandwidth to handle this much data. It's a marketing trick to cause the ignorant to spend more money. And what "years" are you on about.  These gpus are already insufficient today, even consoles have gpu's twice as fast.

hace 29 minutos, taiiat dijo:

however yes, most 1050Ti models do have less Power delivery requirements. all that brings up is wanting to inquire about the Power Supply situation and whether the OP's system has PCI-Express Power Connectors at all. if the Power Supply does, then it won't matter. even with some proprietary level ~300W Power Supply they would be well within the limitations of the system with an RX 570 added on.

i will post the power supply when i get back from tmy course, ty for being here making the discussion more longer and more clear :3

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, ZelUrk said:

AMD drivers require significant cpu time to be operated

this has no basis to stand on, and is also you misunderstanding the benchmarks that you googled and didn't understand.

with Nvidia being the dominant vendor, they get more manual Optimization, making GPU's that have less raw compute power, able to punch higher on a Chart.
that could in some way make you come to the conclusion of some sort of CPU Time issue, even though that's not what is actually happening.

25 minutes ago, ZelUrk said:

8GB of video ram on a low end card will never be useful. They neither have the power nor bandwidth to handle this much data. 

These gpus are already insufficient today, even consoles have gpu's twice as fast.

the Memory is mainly used for containing data that is static for the majort of the time that it is in use. where the penalty is mostly paid in Loading Screens.
yes, a lower end GPU will not be able to fill its Frame Buffer purely by Resolution. but Resolution is far from the only thing competing for vRAM...
it could also be seen as that the price Delta between the 4GByte and 8GByte models, is probably going to average 15 Euros or less - a very small difference relative to the total price. that's not even much Profit Margin on it, the Memory Chips that would be used instead would cost ~$5-11 extra on top of what the smaller Memory Chips cost to buy. they're hardly even making a profit on the larger Memory Chips, just a few Dollars.

all depends on what people are playing. such a GPU is plenty sufficient for the type of budget the owner has to work with in the first place. not likely to be playing """AAA""" titles in the coming years that have very sloppy GPU Utilization. it's pretty clear that spending several hundred dollars or more a year on buying Video Games is not a likely scenario.

Edited by taiiat
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Regiaz20 said:

Disclaimer: english is not my native language so expect some bad writting ... maybe ... kinda

So as the tittle says, im looking to do a little upgrade to my pc because after the new min specs update im unable to play Warframe on a constant 60 fps and i cannot even load the open world. the objetive of this post is to ask u guys that 100% know better that me (trust me, u do) where i should go given my current specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE F2A88XM-D3H 

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

I think thats all, if u need more info or something let me know, as u can see the logic option is to invest on a Grafic Card, and some extra RAM so i need recommendations for a grafic card and ofc that it work on my current specs if possible

Budget: 100 - 175 € (im from Spain)

im looking for a decent setup for warframe on a stable 60fps, no need to max details or all that, my friend says  a GT 1030 and 4gb more ram should be enought for Warframe but im not rly sure so thats why this post.

i rly hope u guys can help me on this 😄

I'm running an AMD CPU (an FX quad-core).

I get a stable 60fps even on PoE and Orb Vallis with a GTX 1050Ti - which should only set you back around €120 depending where you shop. I get a lot of my computer gear from Amazon.

A GTX 1060 will set you back closer to €200 and a 1080 anywhere from €300-400.

13 hours ago, Regiaz20 said:

Preferably, first, upgrade RAM to 16 GB of RAM, it will help speed up loading by a lot. 8 GB might be just enough for now, but 16 GB is plenty enough.

FPS means nothing if you can't load at all or game just freezes repeatedly. RAM: 4 GB with integrated graphics is too small. Integrated graphics share system RAM so more RAM is required. Tried it with my Ryzen 2400g integrated graphics with 4 GB RAM, and it was freeze, freeze, and more freeze.

For graphics card, 2 GB of video memory is not quite enough either. My NVidia Gt 1030 have seen a severe FPS drops especially with an anisotropic filtering, but only in free roam areas. All because of game using slightly too much graphics memory with "Texture Memory" "Low", forcing the use of a slow shared GPU memory.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this has no basis to stand on, and is also you misunderstanding the benchmarks that you googled and didn't understand.

with Nvidia being the dominant vendor, they get more manual Optimization, making GPU's that have less raw compute power, able to punch higher on a Chart.
that could in some way make you come to the conclusion of some sort of CPU Time issue, even though that's not what is actually happening.

the Memory is mainly used for containing data that is static for the majort of the time that it is in use. where the penalty is mostly paid in Loading Screens.
yes, a lower end GPU will not be able to fill its Frame Buffer purely by Resolution. but Resolution is far from the only thing competing for vRAM...
it could also be seen as that the price Delta between the 4GByte and 8GByte models, is probably going to average 15 Euros or less - a very small difference relative to the total price. that's not even much Profit Margin on it, the Memory Chips that would be used instead would cost ~$5-11 extra on top of what the smaller Memory Chips cost to buy. they're hardly even making a profit on the larger Memory Chips, just a few Dollars.

all depends on what people are playing. such a GPU is plenty sufficient for the type of budget the owner has to work with in the first place. not likely to be playing """AAA""" titles in the coming years that have very sloppy GPU Utilization. it's pretty clear that spending several hundred dollars or more a year on buying Video Games is not a likely scenario.

What nonsense are you talking about again. The benchmarks actually show higher cpu utilization with nvidia because it utilizes all available cpu power efficiently, where AMD crap drivers bottleneck the system. Nor do you understand how little the "frame buffer"  is ( hint: it's a couple of megabytes) Vram usage skyrockets with  antialiasing, except no low end gpu will use AA. And texture resolution, this gpu is not powerful enough for that either. It would also be good if you would educate yourself on what bandwidth is and why a 2080ti with memory throughput of 616GB/s can handle ram better than a 1050ti with 112GB/s. ( to put it in laymans terms, all that space is dead weight). But sure amuse me and show me a single benchmark where an rx570 uses more than 4GB vram while keeping 60fps. 

15 euro is 10% of this user's budget and you call it nothing and advise to literally pay the fool tax. Some people...

Edited by ZelUrk
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, ZelUrk said:
  • The benchmarks actually show higher cpu utilization with nvidia
  • Nor do you understand how little the "frame buffer"  is
  • It would also be good if you would educate yourself on what bandwidth is

• CPU Graphs in Video Games are useless(they're fine for compute work though, because those types of workloads performance scale better). computers simply do not work that way. CPU limitations in Video Games come from the very Thread limited nature of most of the work. and the limitation is not at a stable level.
    • what that means is that a once per second averaging Graph shows effectively nothing as to how busy the Processor was. actual Utilization is on a basis of 1 Microsecond or smaller. going over budget for even a few Microseconds will negatively impact performance overall, but the other 99% of the data will average it into obscurity and show nothing.
      performance in Video Games is determined at the Microsecond level at the slowest.
    • this is also why Multi-Threading is difficult - because tasks that are limited to a Single Thread do not get faster by having more Processor Threads to work with. but because of Load Balancing, it can annoyingly appear like more Threads are being Utilized ("wow look this CPU Graph shows a line on all of my Processor Threads! great job software"), even though Context Switching is extremely expensive to do with current platforms and so constantly Context Switching decreases performance by costing more time to shift the data to a new Thread than you gain in Temperature stabilizing or some other benefit that one might be attempting to garner.
      • unfortunately, most of the tasks that a CPU does in a game are Thread limited in nature, and unlike GPU's cannot take advantage of out of order Execution in order to speed up the end result. because every step relies on the step before it.
        while GPU's get the easy end of the stick, where every Pixel is almost entirely independent of each other and so crunching numbers faster == more performance, at a linear scale.
  • actually, one of the most common ways of referring to the GDRAM on Video Cards is.... Frame Buffer. i'm sorry that i used that term by habit, it would have been better to be more openly friendly and say vRAM. but habits are sticky like that.
  • the Video Memory does not all need to be accessed simultaneously. like i said, overall slower GPU's having more Memory mainly has a penalty in Loading Screens, after that the data sits there and waits to be called on or culled.
    • which is why it is openly regarded by Video Games to be acceptable to utilize vRAM, as the penalty from utilizing more of it is very minor, and so long as the Capacity is not exceeded does not impact performance outside Margin of Error.

but, ok.

Edited by taiiat
  • Woah 1