Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upgrading my PC, i need tips for a Grafic Card

Regiaz20

As others have said, memory first, then a GPU. Doubling the amount of RAM to 8GB will make a significant difference to overall system speed and stability and a dedicated GPU will improve game performance massively compared to that APU.

• Like 1

frame buffer and video memory are two different things, the latter contains the former and the reason why amd drivers are heavy on the cpu has nothing to do with any charts but due to architecture differences and driver team competency, it's all common knowledge really, for example:

• Like 1

Simple fact is OP has a budget, most of the thread is drivvle and can be ignored.

Who cares about a better CPU or more memory. Fact is, what he has will offer an improvement with a 1050ti, the 1050ti if he picks the right model wil not need a 6pin power cable but run off the motherboard.

If in future he can buy a new motherboard/cpu/memory then he can reuse the 1050ti and again see an improvement. 

All he can afford is a GPU so thats priority. And 1050ti runs the game well enough and fits the budget and system meets requirements.

Another upgrade if not in use would be an SSD, but avoid any under 240gb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SastusBulbas said:

Who cares about a better CPU or more memory. Fact is, what he has will offer an improvement with a 1050ti

I disagree. 4GB of memory isn't really even enough to run Windows smoothly. Once you start throwing the updated Plains of Eidolon at it, it would still struggle even if he dropped a 2080ti into his computer.

Memory should be his #1 priority.

hace 7 horas, taiiat dijo:

however yes, most 1050Ti models do have less Power delivery requirements. all that brings up is wanting to inquire about the Power Supply situation and whether the OP's system has PCI-Express Power Connectors at all. if the Power Supply does, then it won't matter. even with some proprietary level ~300W Power Supply they would be well within the limitations of the system with an RX 570 added on.

POWER SUPPLY 800W AGILER - 120MM FAN 20+4 PIN + 2 SATA AGI (thats what it says)

RAM :Hynix  4gb 2rx8 pc3 10600U - 9 - 11 - B1

thats the last info i think i can get

Edited by Regiaz20

9 minutes ago, Regiaz20 said:

Only a single stick of 4GB memory? This will be a slow single channel mode.

Better add one more 4 GB of memory to make it 8 GB total, both plugged into the same color slots. Faster to have dual channel mode, especially with integrated graphics.

A single 4 GB DDR3 desktop RAM to make it 8 GB total is cheaper then a graphics card, and will either fix, or lessen, the slow loading or freezing problem.

hace 1 minuto, sam686 dijo:

Only a single stick of 4GB memory? This will be a slow single channel mode.

Better add one more 4 GB of memory to make it 8 GB total, both plugged into the same color slots. Faster to have dual channel mode, especially with integrated graphics.

A single 4 GB DDR3 desktop RAM to make it 8 GB total is cheaper then a graphics card, and will either fix, or lessen, the slow loading or freezing problem.

yep thats the idea at the end, same ram to get a 8gb dual channel and a GPU that probably will be Rx 570

2 hours ago, gryfinn said:

I disagree. 4GB of memory isn't really even enough to run Windows smoothly. Once you start throwing the updated Plains of Eidolon at it, it would still struggle even if he dropped a 2080ti into his computer.

Memory should be his #1 priority.

Maybe, yes to a degree, my daughters PC is an old Asus Maximus Gene with an E8600 dual core and 4gb of Dominator GT DDR2.  From back when two cores and 4gb of high speed memory was deemed best for gaming lol.

Another Windows 7 64bit OS. 

Never did PoE on it, the 1050ti was meant for that old system but my younger lads MSI Twin Frozr was having heat issues and graphics glitches. Need to strip n rebuild that GPU n check its settings. 

Still think the 1050ti will improve matters,  and think buying more memory for that old system may be a waste.  At least the GPU can move onto a newer motherboard/cpu/memory bundle without requiring a better PSU. 

And I would recommend an actual pair of matching memory modules, not two odd ones with different timings or voltages. Best buy a second hand 8gb kit but make sure n check your motherboards compatibility. 

Dont believe memory on its own will solve anything, but nor do I think adding a 1050ti plus 8gb of memory to that cpu n motherboard will offer a huge improvement. 

Hence I would focus on a 1050ti. 

If buying memory second hand get a brand like Corsair Vengeance that may resell without too huge a loss. But its a chunk of money off a budget Ryzen build.

Edited by SastusBulbas

3 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

Still think the 1050ti will improve matters,  and think buying more memory for that old system may be a waste.  At least the GPU can move onto a newer motherboard/cpu/memory bundle without requiring a better PSU. 

That's definitely a fair point. Although, the 1050ti is getting a bit long in the tooth at this point as well.

4 hours ago, Regiaz20 said:

POWER SUPPLY 800W AGILER - 120MM FAN 20+4 PIN + 2 SATA AGI (thats what it says)

hmm, that doesn't tell me much about the Power Supply - there's surely a Model Number on the sticker.
though to keep it nice and simple, all you're going to need to know is whether your Power Supply has any PCI-Express type connectors. anything looking like one of these.
HrzohaQ.png

if it has an 8 then it's pretty surefire that it would also have a 6 or 6+2, a 6-pin is going to be all that may be important for your needs as you aren't trying to use Hardware which has high power requirements.

same deal for the Memory, i presume that the sticker on the side of the stick tells you a Model Number as well as the basic specifications of the Memory. 
ofcourse, replacing that with an 8GByte stick would also work, or adding an 8GByte and the existing 4GByte together would probably work (usually does, though systems can get unhappy in such situations, like i said Memory is very finicky).
this is ultimately dead end spending, but you're not gonna get around it at this point as even if you close all other applications on the system before launching Warframe, you're going to be using 100% or greater of the System Memory during Gameplay.
but a single module should not cost particularly much and it will make a significant difference for the general usability of the system outside of Warframe as well as within.

overall for some context by the by - while a GT1030 or something in that performance range would be good enough to get usable performance, this is even more of a dead end purchase because the performance it can offer is only matching a modern iGPU(i.e. integrated Graphics that one would find on a recent intel Processor), so if at the end of this year you would be able to replace more components, you would end up disappointed in the performance of such a GPU in the longrun and end up having to buy another anyways.
which is why the modest GPU's that were suggested have been - items for still a modest price tag that will also provide enough capability that next year you'll still be able to use it with your increasing expectations as you spend more money in total.

On 2019-04-29 at 5:53 PM, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

All opinions of mine - I've been building PCs for 20+ years now, and while I appreciate the "best" and "fastest", I've found myself to become a much more pragmatic builder as time goes by. Ie, another $600 in hardware to gain 20fps? I cannot justify it.

I realized the same thing back in 2007. 

On 2019-04-29 at 3:53 PM, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

In all seriousness, 60fps is completely unnecessary.

Xb1 user... lol

On 2019-04-29 at 2:06 PM, Mover-NeRo said:

Radeon RX 570

Seconded, thirded, whatever. I played on a 560 and was getting decent fps. You should definitely turn off two of warframe's biggest graphics settings, especially if you want that frame rate in open world: ambient occlusion and volumetric lighting. After that, maybe turn on dynamic resolution (as a LAST resort). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadowh4nd said:
On 2019-04-29 at 5:53 PM, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

In all seriousness, 60fps is completely unnecessary.

Xb1 user... lol

I think you have drawn an incorrect conclusion there. 

Based on his stated hardware, I find it unlikely his display is more than 60hz or has a super snappy 2ms or less response time. He could even be using a television

Additionally, most people can only pickup a new image if they see it for .012 seconds or more - that's about 77 FPS. (I empathize most here)

I am not arguing that having 120FPS+ looks nice and can feel more fluid, but rather stating it's not necessary to play the game and enjoy it.

On 2019-05-01 at 5:26 AM, (XB1)Blueberry2006 said:

I think you have drawn an incorrect conclusion there. 

My comment is in jest that console players state things like "the eye can't see over 29.97 fps!"

Every PC gamer should strive for 60 stable fps. Going over that may be unnecessary, and definitely impossible on OP's rig. You are right in that some people cannot detect certain things. I am very sensitive to screen tearing, artificial frame rates ("clear motion") and the soap opera effect.