Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Profit Taker the only possible way to obtain the ArchGun deployer?

Mados.sys

Question

I'm wondering because even before the update i was dreaming on using all my ArchGuns, damn i even forma'd them all and they are all filled with mods and potatos, but then i saw that it was only obtainable via Profit Taker, a Quest only available when you're "Old mate", the max rank.

The thing is that i'm part of the players that have toasters for PCs so trying to enter Orbs is such a torture and a struggle with the amount of FPS drops i have, taking up to 40 minutes or 1 hour to complete the easiest Bountys, so with that you'll already know why i'm not willing to do over 100 - 200 hours of pure freezes to reach the max rank of Fortuna, and there's my question, is there any other possible way to obtain the Deployer without having to deal with the entire rank and quest thing?

I really want that deployer especially now that ArchGun rivens are a thing, but that personal "paywall" is literally killing me. (it would take like a year or 2 before i can upgrade to a better PC)

12 answers to this question

No no no! These answers doest not shine light upon the darkest of yon woes. 

You can only get the archgun deployer from the quest, yes. 

But: a) reaching old mate isnt to hard by simply purchasing debt bonds from ticker, bypassing the need to do bounties

B) you still have to do PT quest, which includes being able to play fortuna

C) go to your taters display settings and put desktop resolution on 800x600 then launch wf and put your in game resolution on 800x600 and TTHEN turn on dynamic resolution on to 'user' and slide the meter all the way down to 50. 

This is going to lower resolution on graphics as things get farther away from you, to help maintain a certain framerate. 

After that, set your frame rate to either variable or 30. LLower if you have to.

With these settings ive been able to play fortuna, all of its content, on my craptop with broken graphics card, using only the intel hd4000 on board chip. 

I do have 8gb ram tho, and an early i7. 

If youre less than that regarding hardware, it may just take a lot longer to load everything and you may have hitches as you play, but its possible this is a way for you to at least suffer enough to obtain the deployer from the second to last pt bounty. After that as stated you need gravimags which you can buy from mkt for 20p . Neeed one per archgun you want to unlock for ground use. 

Gl

They gave one as a Twitch drop during the last Prime Time. It's obviously not a realiable way to get them, but there's that.

EDIT: Nevermind, Talinthis is quite right, that was a Gravimag, which as far as I know is only useful when you already have a deployer.

Edited by Dankeerd
My bad!

59 minutes ago, Dankeerd said:

They gave one as a Twitch drop during the last Prime Time. It's obviously not a realiable way to get them, but there's that.

that was a gravimag, not the deployer. you still need the archgun deployer that is only received from the bounty

1 hour ago, Unagi604 said:

You can get a gravimag blueprint through clan research, but you'd still need the gyro/atmo/repeller materials. (you can buy the components from Little Duck at "Hand" rank)

same as above.

49 minutes ago, (PS4)turbodart said:

Animal conservation is much faster than doing bounties for rep 

not sure who you are even talking to.

50 minutes ago, Eisdschungel said:

You can also buy them for 20p each (only reliable way that doesnt force you into the vallis). i think we now got all ways covered

no, you cannot. it is only available from bounty 3. the deployer is also good forever.

Edited by Talinthis

10 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

No no no! These answers doest not shine light upon the darkest of yon woes. 

You can only get the archgun deployer from the quest, yes. 

But: a) reaching old mate isnt to hard by simply purchasing debt bonds from ticker, bypassing the need to do bounties

B) you still have to do PT quest, which includes being able to play fortuna

C) go to your taters display settings and put desktop resolution on 800x600 then launch wf and put your in game resolution on 800x600 and TTHEN turn on dynamic resolution on to 'user' and slide the meter all the way down to 50. 

This is going to lower resolution on graphics as things get farther away from you, to help maintain a certain framerate. 

After that, set your frame rate to either variable or 30. LLower if you have to.

With these settings ive been able to play fortuna, all of its content, on my craptop with broken graphics card, using only the intel hd4000 on board chip. 

I do have 8gb ram tho, and an early i7. 

If youre less than that regarding hardware, it may just take a lot longer to load everything and you may have hitches as you play, but its possible this is a way for you to at least suffer enough to obtain the deployer from the second to last pt bounty. After that as stated you need gravimags which you can buy from mkt for 20p . Neeed one per archgun you want to unlock for ground use. 

Gl

You are a True Hero !!! :)

1st yes, the archgun deployer comes from the quest and it's totally fair 

2nd just go solo with a resource booster into the vallis and mine many many many gems 

3rd ticker is a great standing farm 

Also, make sure you have your settings on the lowest, cuz I've seen many ppl that have bad pcs but have settings on medium 

i haven't done vanilla fortuna bounties in a while.

1 or 2 exploiter orb runs drop enough gems to max out my standing for 2-3 days.

yes, you still have to enter the vallis, but you'll get much more accomplished per load time. plus, it's fairly soloable with a little preparation, so if you're worried about holding others up with your load times, you can do the fight alone.

(you only need max SU standing to get the exploiter orb bounty; you can do the exploiter orb at any time, without the bounty, by walking into deck 12 and putting in some thermia.)

Edited by sinnae