Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can something be done about arbitration?

ThumpumGood

I farm it because duh... stuff. But to get locked out of it because some one died and didnt get rezzed fast enough and then his buddies leave before you have even gotten passed A rotation.... TOTALLY sucks. Gotta be SOMETHING you can do... match up with others who got hosed? I dunno but trying to farm items when people keep leaving before the good stuff drops is gonna make me bald from pulling my hair out. I dont pretend to have a clue how to solve this.

13 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

I farm it because duh... stuff. But to get locked out of it because some one died and didnt get rezzed fast enough and then his buddies leave before you have even gotten passed A rotation....

Then you can simply retry, if it's before A rotation the game doesn't care, the mission will be readily available again.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You could just use recruit chat instead of playing with randoms...

You make it sound as if this problem can't be avoided...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Pre made group from recruitment chat that's all we have for now.

I find that recruiting hardly ever has people going for the mission types that are available at the time.  No one wants to play Defense, Survival, Infested Salvage, or Defection half the rewards per average time in those missions. And it doesn't help that I'll see 5 hours of only those game modes with nothing else.

Anyone remember how we replaced alerts because it was a system of you snooze you lose, literally? Oh, yeah, they almost literally don't exist anymore.  If you can't access the game at every hour to view the arbitration and thus play it, you lose a good mission type, you won't be able to find a reasonable group through recruiting. To be honest, I'm not going to be surprised when Arbitrations are removed and their rewards are placed into something else in order to fix the game mode, just like raids and now regular alerts.

This problem kinda goes two ways: Pugs are notoriously bad, but no one wants to premade. It would be cool to see a consistent late join feature with arbitrations to resolve this. Group resorting to new hosts would be interesting also, like you mentioned. I actually wouldn't mind at all having the option (like a setting) to join arbitrations at wave 20+, 30+.

Hosting is already "shaky" in warframe, and an entirely separate issue that needs addressed. I played an arbitration last night with a perfect premade group, but the host crashed, came back. The migration caused players to lose their 300% buff AND the enemies' scripts completely broke. They would spawn in and stand still. 

DE said these recent changes were the first iteration of changes, so HOPEFULLY we can see some changes to how hosting is managed.

39 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

The problem with recruit chat is that they ask for specific frames.

And, perhaps more importantly, just because a group was assembled in recruitment chat is no guarantee that it won't be filled with [expletive] that leave at the first opportunity.

Edited by SordidDreams

Change the frame/weapon bonus thing

It's just.. it doesn't add anything in a mode where people are so afraid to choose something other than a tank frame that doesn't add anything to the mission so it makes it a slow or feel like you're the only one pushing the mission along because you chose a frame that best suits it ( at least when you play pug ) So getting a bonus for a frame that doesn't help the mission at all doesn't really help imo.

Want to give vets something to do while at the same time making frame/weapon bonus worthwhile? Generalize it a bit more. "Wraith weapons get such and such bonus" "Primsa weapons get such and such bonus" Now I have a reason to pump a ton of forma into my prisma/wraith weapons to take advantage of this. I think would help that little aspect. Now I'm just not getting a bonus for a weapon I've probably never touched with a bonus that just isn't worth going out of my way to use it. I probably would axe the frame bonus unless they start giving the bonus to frames that suit that mission specifically but that's just me.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Change the frame/weapon bonus thing

It's just.. it doesn't add anything in a mode where people are so afraid to choose something other than a tank frame that doesn't add anything to the mission so it makes it a slow or feel like you're the only one pushing the mission along because you chose a frame that best suits it ( at least when you play pug ) So getting a bonus for a frame that doesn't help the mission at all doesn't really help imo.

Want to give vets something to do while at the same time making frame/weapon bonus worthwhile? Generalize it a bit more. "Wraith weapons get such and such bonus" "Primsa weapons get such and such bonus" Now I have a reason to pump a ton of forma into my prisma/wraith weapons to take advantage of this. I think would help that little aspect. Now I'm just not getting a bonus for a weapon I've probably never touched with a bonus that just isn't worth going out of my way to use it. I probably would axe the frame bonus unless they start giving the bonus to frames that suit that mission specifically but that's just me.

Not only generalize, make new buffs instead of just 300% damage, 300% power strength. It'd like to see a 300% range or 300% duration buff. Why not 150% fire rate and 150% ammo efficiency for weapons too, just things that aren't "hit harder" would do a lot to break up how boring the games play. 

• Like 1

All very valid points... On the generalization issue, Warframe instead of specific frame. No one is in there to level a frame so XP isnt a thing and wouldnt it be nicer to have a group instead of 4 Zephyrs?  I realize that it's an attempt to get people interested in every frame but MR fills that role perfectly. Everyone is going to level every frame(unless the dont want the MR bonuses Energy, Helath and shields not to mention Synicate daily max rep). What started as a great concept turned into a meh idea. I dont run arbitration because my favorite frame will be awesome. I run it because I want vitus essence, Aura mod forma and other rewards.

I was going to suggest an MR lock but that wouldnt be fair to the lower MRs who are capable. And in the last flake out, the MRs were all above 21 so it wouldnt have helped anyway.

Edited by ThumpumGood

I find it a bit weird to leave early in Arbitrations as well but I also don't feel like enemies are a challenge until they are well over level 100. I love that scaling is normalize to regular endless modes tho, so they get up in level quicker. I didn't like the revive feature the first time I encountered it but since then I don't think it's that bad. But I had a Volt go down multiple times in the first 7 minutes right after the revive feature dropped, so I was concerned this type of play would be come common.

Fortunately it hasn't for me, so far...

22 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

I find it a bit weird to leave early in Arbitrations as well but I also don't feel like enemies are a challenge until they are well over level 100. I love that scaling is normalize to regular endless modes tho, so they get up in level quicker. I didn't like the revive feature the first time I encountered it but since then I don't think it's that bad. But I had a Volt go down multiple times in the first 7 minutes right after the revive feature dropped, so I was concerned this type of play would be come common.

Fortunately it hasn't for me, so far...

I'm afraid you jinxed it now. 

2 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

I farm it because duh... stuff. But to get locked out of it because some one died and didnt get rezzed fast enough and then his buddies leave before you have even gotten passed A rotation.... TOTALLY sucks. Gotta be SOMETHING you can do... match up with others who got hosed? I dunno but trying to farm items when people keep leaving before the good stuff drops is gonna make me bald from pulling my hair out. I dont pretend to have a clue how to solve this.

If you have not made it past A rotation, then you don't get locked out... Sooooooo yeah....
Also, the solution, as always is join a clan, make some friends.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Theres only solution.... Go Alone... infact this iz whaT I do whenever I know there's something I want in Rotation C.... always be prepared to go alone.... I've done this in everything from Tridolons (I failed) to Arbitrations (Arcanes are mandatory if you want do this alone)....

This literally happens all the time in ESO.... I say #*!% it... I'l keep going until i Hit Zone 8.... I'l do it alone.

So yeah.... Solo.... that's how I got Adaptation.... and because that experience was so awful I'm not doing Arbitrations again.