Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more pets in the void?

damongautama

Question

I have been running Mot today to get the Volt/Loki relic, and have noticed that pets die incredibly fast there now. My Smeeta that usually goes down every five or six missions went down probably ten times in a five minute mission. I switched to a sentinel, but have noticed all of my teammates with pets essentially spend the mission reviving their pets.

Anyone know if this is intentional? Are pets being phased out or shifted to lower level missions only?

3 answers to this question

Well, T4 Void, which includes Mot, does have a 200% enemy damage bonus, so you and your pets are bound to go down more easily there.

But another potential factor is the frame you're using. I assume you modded your pet with Link mods? If so, if you bring a squishy frame, your pet will also be similarly fragile.

as aforementioned:

in Lv40+ Void Missions Enemies deal significantly more Damage.

and ofcourse, the Survivability of your Companion is dependent on yourself and your Mods. so if you don't Melee anything and don't have any Shield/Health/Armor Mods(especially if you have low basic Stats AND don't use any of those Mods), then your Companion is going to die easily.

in contrast, generally my Companion doesn't die in most Missions. generally only at very high Levels or if it tries to attack Enemies it cannot Damage/Kill (like trying to Kill an Eidolon... yeah, keep trying to claw that to death buddy).
there's a consideration ofcourse, that uh, Fire Status will completely stunlock Companions. a Lv1 Napalm or Hyekka Master or Scorch, Et Cetera can Kill any Companion given enough time.

Edited by taiiat

True, they have always died there faster than other places. But the last time I ran Mot much my pet had something in the range of 700 health and 400 shield. Now it has around 1800 health and 700 shield. And I have never seen teammates pets go down as quickly. Once or twice I revived mine, revived two others, and then went back to revive mine again all in one <spoiler - safe revive mode>. Something is clearly different.