Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunts

nicolajtheking2

Question

This sh!t is two-faced AF, because in order to kill/capture your first eidolon you need to already having killed/captured one.

Allow me to explain, typically when people want to get into eidolon hunting, the first thing they want to do is typically find a group, but all the groups only want meta/high "level" players wich in turn leads to the massive amounts of 'ahem' hunting "noobs" that start to complain about it (like me) of wich will lead to massive amounts of salt and toxicity that is common around new eidolon hunters.

Now typically when someone wants to go on a hunt they find a group (as stated above) that is geared toward the hunt, but here's the thing, those hunters that are typically the best equipped to do single-tridolon hunts only want to hunt with others like them and typically either denies "noob" hunters the chance to become actual hunters, or outright just ignores the "noobs" that is desperately crying for help, yet people "need" to do eidolon hunts later in the game for a chance at some of the good stuff, and the "noobs" typically only have access to the 'Mote' amp, and are completely unable to solo an eidolon, wich they have to do since they will only be accepted by other hunters once they have 1 or more eidolon captures/kills.

Make of this what you will in the end it doesn't even matter what you do as a "noob" you will never be able to solo an eidolon with a 'Mote' amp.

• Like 1

So like, no one knows you are a noob and there are a ton of guides out there, so there's no excuse for not knowing what to play, how to play it, and what to do.

The one problem is having a mote amp, however, the trick is no one knows you have that. So do some research and dive in, and get a 111 amp if you have to because even that is so much better than the mote amp! If it helps, you can learn a lot from the Open World recruitment hub. But don't try to get a group from recruitment in game unless you are aware of everything needed, just get the quest and enter the gate and see what mix you get. (If I don't get a trin I abort immediately and "reroll", personally.)

>Allow me to explain, typically when people want to get into eidolon hunting, the first thing they want to do is typically find a group

No. First thing you want to do is read up on the encounter and watch a video.

The second thing you want to do is get a non-mote amp and a sniper rifle. You don't need to kill a single eidolon to get an 1-1-1 or even 2-2-2 amp.

The third thing you want to do is queue up for public teralyst bounty. NOT for public tridolon bounty. And definitely not try to find a party in recruit chat. Quite frankly, don't even try to queue up for tridolons if you can't solo Terry and if you don't know the general principles (general fight sequence, how eidolon armour works, what are lures, how to charge them, how to keep them alive and how many you need charged, what is a shrine and how to place a shard on it).

When you have done enough Terries to be comfortable with them - go for tridolons. Preferably with a frame that's not uselsess. Preferably knowing your role. And by "knowing your role" i don't mean "I've played Volt in ESO", I mean "I watched Volt POV tridolon videos and know what he needs to do and WHY".

PS: I didn't even try to get a party for eidolons until I managed to solo a Terry. Because you won't be able to learn anything by being a dead wight in a public squad.

Edited by lnfine

3 minutes ago, lnfine said:

PS: I didn't even try to get a party for eidolons until I managed to solo a Terry. Because you won't be able to learn anything by being a dead wight in a public squad.

I think you can learn plenty from playing and not knowing whats going on. There is no rule that states you MUST research youtube and wiki's before you are allowed to attempt content on the off chance you might annoy some touchy player.

Do what you want, learn in your own way and if people dont like it, SCREW EM! They will vanish and never be heard from again after the match anyways.

I learned how to hunt Teralist in public squads using Rhino. I dont regret it and I dont care if people were unhappy with my being there. They should remember they are playing a video game and what "entertainment" is meant to be.

1 minute ago, lnfine said:

>Allow me to explain, typically when people want to get into eidolon hunting, the first thing they want to do is typically find a group

No. First thing you want to do is read up on the encounter and watch a video.

The second thing you want to do is get a non-mote amp and a sniper rifle. You don't need to kill a single eidolon to get an 1-1-1 or even 2-2-2 amp.

The third thing you want to do is queue up for public teralyst bounty. NOT for public tridolon bounty. Quite frankly, don't even try to queue up for tridolons if you can't solo Terry and if you don't know the general principles (general fight sequence, how eidolon armour works, what are lures, how to charge them, how to keep them alive and how many you need charged, what is a shrine and how to place a shard on it).

When you have done enough Terries to be comfortable with them - go for tridolons. Preferably with a frame that's not uselsess. Preferably knowing your role. And by "knowing your role" i don't mean "I've played Volt in ESO", I mean "I watched Volt POV tridolon videos and know what he needs to do and WHY".

No "boss" fights should require this. This is like training for a digital monk or some crap.

You are expecting waaay too much. Yes research needs to be done, but having to solo the teralyst? practicing endlessly on it? Crunching numbers? What is this an epic quest? That effort to even get the faction for a 1-1-1 without doing eidolons a few times is unreasonable. 

Harrow for example: know that Harrow needs a 95% to 105% duration, get any sniper other than a vulkar and put crit and radiation on it. Then each synovia, when the eidolon falls and lifts it's head press 4. When it gets back up start shooting it with your operator and that crappy mote amp and pretend it's a x-2-3 or even an x-2-7.

If you just grab the quest you are throwing caution to the wind and are probably going to only get a 1x3 anyway. I sometimes would get a 2x3.

I train my clan members a lot on eidolons and they can be engaged and useful without sifting through the ancient annals of history on eidolons blah blah blah.

14 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

there are a ton of guides out there, so there's no excuse for not knowing what to play, how to play it, and what to do.

This is just wrong... Those guides merely existing does nothing to help players if they have no idea they exist.... but worse than that... pretty much every single guide in warframe is essentially a Build guide

Want to do Tridolons ? Half the video goes over what your build is suppose to to consist of.

Want to bounties ? Half the video is about the build.

Profit Taker ? Build.

Thumpers ? Build...

Warframe is just a series of gear checks and not one of them are particularly friendly to new players.

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is just wrong... Those guides merely existing does nothing to help players if they have no idea they exist.... but worse than that... pretty much every single guide in warframe is essentially a Build guide

Want to do Tridolons ? Half the video goes over what your build is suppose to to consist of.

Profit Taker ? Build.

Thumpers ? Build...

Warframe is just a series of gear checks and not one of them are particularly friendly to new players.

The link I provided to the open world recruitment hub shows you how much you are wrong, so so wrong. I see you didn't click through,

Also, what kind of gamers don't know there's going to be a youtube guide on pretty much any encounter? How are they internetting? 

15 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The link I provided to the open world recruitment hub shows you how much you are wrong, so so wrong. I see you didn't click through,

The link you provided is not inside the game for all those new to hunts can see. And no I didn't click it... you're wrong either way. 

17 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Also, what kind of gamers don't know there's going to be a youtube guide on pretty much any encounter? How are they internetting? 

The type that wants to experience everything first hand...

The type that happens to go Cetus at night and clicks on Konzu and "oh hey look... theres a new bounty I've never seen before. Looks like fun." Wich is alot of people in case that some how is lost on you. 

MR27 with 624 Hydrolyst caps/215 kills here with some advice for starting out. 

1.) Do your research on the Teralyst fight mechanics. Watch vids on YouTube. Read articles online.

2.) Do what you have to do to get the necessary equipment (listed at bottom). Personally, I wouldnt waste time and resources building cheap amps n such. Build the Meta stuff ASAP even if it takes longer. 

Expect this to take time...a lot of time. 

3.) Throughout the course of step 2 you can integrate public matchmaking runs and concentrate on getting good at just capturing the Teralyst. . . When I started out I did a ton of teralysts runs only. I have 1312 caps/513 kills to date.

4.) When you feel like you can do Teralyst rather easily research the Teralyst, Gantulyst, Hydrolyst fight and start running them in public matchmaking. When you get comfortable doing it once then maybe try recruit chat and see how you fair. Thats pretty much it!!!

EQUIPMENT:

Trinity with 2 Nullifier Arcanes.

Rubico Prime or Lanka sniper.

Amp with any prism you like, shraksun scaffold, and certus brace. Fury arcane is prolly the best user friendly amp arcane. According to a friends math fury can pretty much keep up with strike and shadow.

I prefer Smeeta Kavat over Adarza Kavat just because they’re more well rounded and suited for stuff outside of Eidolons. Kavats are a big time and resource investment so its better to have a well rounded one from the start.

Operator arcanes. Start with husk and vigor. When you unlock some waybound nodes in various schools you can replace vigor with replenish.

Focus School: Madurai for Void Strike. Dont max void radiance, the node before void strike. It eats energy like crazy and should be moved or changed.

My personal best has been soloing all 3 eidolons twice in one night. Something I dont care to replicate at the moment. Take my advice for what its worth. You can also always ask for carries. Some people are cool with it.

Edited by (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81
Grammar
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Profit Taker ? Build.

Thumpers ? Build...

False. It's only a gear check for those players too stupid to figure out their own builds. I don't watch videos I figure it out for myself. I can do all the content in warframe without half my gear, this game is not hard, it's about understanding mechanics and enemy design which comes from doing the content and learning from your mistakes. 

1 час назад, SteelOverseer666 сказал:

I think you can learn plenty from playing and not knowing whats going on. There is no rule that states you MUST research youtube and wiki's before you are allowed to attempt content on the off chance you might annoy some touchy player.

Well, you can't learn much when all you see is eidolon blinks blue - eidolon blinks red - eidolon drops - energy spike - repeat. People who learn from this become Chromas that do 4% damage in a public squad. Not to mention if they don't get lucky with a good squad, they can't do a tricap at all. I don't see any point in learning to pray for a good public squad each night. Learning basics in pubs is bad because nothing depends on you. It's like first missions in good old Opposing Force campaign - stuff just randomly happens around until the mission is complete and you did nothing. Somebody else just did your job before you even managed to realize it. How long does it take to learn in such an environment? Because I've seen people with dozens of tricaps that do nothing. While it takes half a dozen Terries to more or less figure out the fight.

1 час назад, SpicyDinosaur сказал:

No "boss" fights should require this. This is like training for a digital monk or some crap.

It is not required. A half-decent public squad will begrudgingly carry you along anyway and you will learn nothing from it. What's the point?

You are expecting waaay too much. Yes research needs to be done, but having to solo the teralyst? practicing endlessly on it? Crunching numbers? What is this an epic quest? That effort to even get the faction for a 1-1-1 without doing eidolons a few times is unreasonable. 

Well, it sort of is an epic quest by Warframe standards. Practicing endlessly and crunching numbers is too much, but at least you have to know that lures can die and that you have to hold fire when there are no charged lures around.

If you just grab the quest you are throwing caution to the wind and are probably going to only get a 1x3 anyway. I sometimes would get a 2x3.

I normally get 3x3 in a public squad. The only things that are required for that are getting either decent Trin or decent Chroma and people who know how to pick up and place a shard. Which is hard. Hence "normally".

8 minutes ago, lnfine said:

Well, you can't learn much when all you see is eidolon blinks blue - eidolon blinks red - eidolon drops - energy spike - repeat. People who learn from this become Chromas that do 4% damage in a public squad. Not to mention if they don't get lucky with a good squad, they can't do a tricap at all. I don't see any point in learning to pray for a good public squad each night. Learning basics in pubs is bad because nothing depends on you. It's like first missions in good old Opposing Force campaign - stuff just randomly happens around until the mission is complete and you did nothing. Somebody else just did your job before you even managed to realize it. How long does it take to learn in such an environment? Because I've seen people with dozens of tricaps that do nothing. While it takes half a dozen Terries to more or less figure out the fight.

I learned how to fight Eidolons from playing in pub squads and asking questions in those squads.

I do not like looking things up on youtube. I like trying to figure things out on my own.

And I did.

I highly doubt that is a unique perspective on learning about new games/modes.

Also how do you think those video's were produced in the first place? Someone had to figure out it through trial and error. In my opinion those people have more fun. But again thats just my opinion.

And agian who cares if they are having fun figuring things out on their own?

People take warframe way too seriously and its pretty sad.

Edited by SteelOverseer666

Looks like he’s asking for a guide on the mechanics itself. Here it goes.

TERALYST GUIDE:

SECTION 1:

In it’s rawest form, the Teralyst fight mechanic goes like this:

1.) Temporarily disable the Teralyst’s shield by shooting it with your operator’s amp. It’ll flash red and make a sound telling you its down.

2.) Use a sniper rifle to shoot the synopsis a.k.a. “limb”. Teralyst will fall, do an energy spike, and put shield back on when he stands up (Flashes blue). Go void mode on energy spike or run far away.

3.) Repeat steps 1 and 2 til all four limbs are destroyed. Destroyed limbs will be shown sparking. 

4.) When all 4 “limbs” are destroyed he will stay down for a good period of time. Vomvalysts will come to his aid and heal him. When he stands up, he WILL NOT have his shield on and should be sniped til defeated.

NOTE: During these steps the Teralyst will do several attacks such as a foot stomp, a slap, shoot his gun to the front or in the air, etc. You can jump on foot stomps to avoid being thrown back by the force. You can go void mode to avoid most of the other attacks.

SECTION 2:

Thats the raw fight but we have to talk about lures as they are necessary to “capture” the Teralyst. 

Lures need 3 vomvalysts to get “charged” up. U can destroy voms near a lure and the lure will basically eat the vom. If a vom is destroyed too far away from the lure you can pick up the little orb that voms drop and take it to the lure. You just have to walk over the orb to pick it up. You’ll know you picked it up if your operator is flashing with something thats looks like electricity. A charged lure will show a blue icon instead of yellow.

1 lure will “bind” to 2 of the Teralyst’s limbs and will keep him from teleporting after a limb is destroyed as long as the lure is close enough to the Teralyst. Since the Teralyst has 4 limbs you will need 2 charged lures at the end to do a successful capture. If the lures are too far away or if any lures die at the end you will kill the Teralyst but not do a successful capture.

Hope that helps.

Edited by (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81
Grammar
  • Like 1

Цитата

Make of this what you will in the end it doesn't even matter what you do as a "noob" you will never be able to solo an eidolon with a 'Mote' amp.

Yes you freaking will. Obviously it will take you much longer.

But thats not actually required to get enough standing or cores to get 1st rank with the quills or amp other than mote. Vombs can be easily killed solo and really thats far from the most grindiest thing in warframe to do.

Not to mention there are roles that dont require you to use your amp at all. They do require other thing but if you think something is gonna be just handed to you in "end game" activity, you're in for a rude awakening. Either suck it up and grind rep with what you got or suck it up and wait patiently for a group that aims at beginners and does 1x3 or 2x3 max to appear on the recruiting chat or host one yourself.

Цитата

Well there is a sure ***ing rule that says all the whiners dont want to work for anything or even learn from guides (i mean who those youtubers think they are, making useful content that teaches players that dont have ANYONE to teach them and cant complete missions solo either how to do stuff to help them, save their time and stuff) and all they wanna do is to get carried disregarding the inconviniences and troubles that brings to those that carry them.

Your typical pug warframe players.

Цитата

Also how do you think those video's were produced in the first place? Someone had to figure out it through trial and error.

Yeah.

On their own. Or with friends.

And since some are way too ---- to do it alone and have no friends they decided to bug oout random people that already know what to do but never signed out to teach anyone anything and just wanted to play the blasted game.

Such achievment much wow.

Edited by -Temp0-

3 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

This sh!t is two-faced AF, because in order to kill/capture your first eidolon you need to already having killed/captured one.

Just pick a frame and run out the door. It's not hard. And what you describe is basically every game I have ever played with its raids or content. You shouldn't even be doing tridolon if you have a mote amp.. it only takes a couple days to get a good one and the other two have exponentially higher shields.

I see what other people are saying here. I’ll say this. The grind that it takes to get to the top is what makes you feel accomplished at the end.

In real life, if they were passing out masters degrees to anybody for a couple of months of work that degree wouldn’t mean as much.

Basically, if you take out difficulty you take out accomplishment. Something that DE has failed to realize. They make everything more and more simple making everything less and less meaningful. 

I’ve basically given an easy guide to the mechanics of the Teralyst fight and the equipment needed. It took me a lottt of research, trial and error. fits of rage, but ultimately, a platform in which to help others. If you don’t like the grind then you may be a more immediate gratification type of person. Nothing wrong with that but maybe a different game may suit your style.

hace 4 horas, nicolajtheking2 dijo:

Allow me to explain, typically when people want to get into eidolon hunting, the first thing they want to do is typically find a group, but all the groups only want meta/high "level" players wich in turn leads to the massive amounts of 'ahem' hunting "noobs" that start to complain about it (like me) of wich will lead to massive amounts of salt and toxicity that is common around new eidolon hunters.

Now typically when someone wants to go on a hunt they find a group (as stated above) that is geared toward the hunt, but here's the thing, those hunters that are typically the best equipped to do single-tridolon hunts only want to hunt with others like them and typically either denies "noob" hunters the chance to become actual hunters, or outright just ignores the "noobs" that is desperately crying for help, yet people "need" to do eidolon hunts later in the game for a chance at some of the good stuff, and the "noobs" typically only have access to the 'Mote' amp, and are completely unable to solo an eidolon, wich they have to do since they will only be accepted by other hunters once they have 1 or more eidolon captures/kills.

Or you can try to no be lazy and instead of trying to find people that carry you ... you can search for other "noobs" and do it toguether . ...

hace 2 horas, Lutesque dijo:

The link you provided is not inside the game for all those new to hunts can see. And no I didn't click it... you're wrong either way. 

The type that wants to experience everything first hand...

The type that happens to go Cetus at night and clicks on Konzu and "oh hey look... theres a new bounty I've never seen before. Looks like fun." Wich is alot of people in case that some how is lost on you. 

The players brain its not "inside the game" either ... but they need to use it .

Edited by Yagamilight123

@nicolajtheking2

Just click on the open world recruitment hub link I put in earlier. That's got everything you need and people to help you. They even do Safaris to go out and get people used to eidolons. As long as you can listen and learn you are golden.

And yea, as much as I think the onus to know the fight is on the player, some of you are expecting PUBs with precision level understandings of the fights and if you go with a PUB you sort of know that's not going to happen, anyway.

Personally, I am glad I decided not to grind up a 1-1-1 with random voms because it would have been awful. I dove in, and yea I played terminator Nyx to not die, I paid attention and the hub I keep talking about had sample builds for meta warframes and weapons, walkthrough videos, people to answer questions. I left Nyx first for volt, but his preferred shield layout was hard for me to keep up with so I switched to Harrow. Learned that Limbo could do most of Harrow's job so I play Limbo now because he is one of my loves.

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

the kind that want to get on with playing games and not have to do a theory test beforehand.

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Or you can try to no be lazy and instead of trying to find people that carry you ... you can search for other "noobs" and do it toguether . ...

to be fair, plenty of other games, even garbage ones, much much older than warframe at least have simple tools ingame to accomplish that rather than relying on spam channels, hoping they get noticed among the spam or via 3rd party websites they have to alt-tab into.

5 hours ago, nicolajtheking2 said:

This is just not true.  If it were, clearly no one would have ever captured or killed one.

• Do public runs or
  • Get some friends or 
  • Get some clan mates or
  • Ask for help in recruiting

Watch a video or two - Terry isnt hard to solo even with a mote amp.