Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Instant death by unspecified source

Icohedron

Happened during a Kuva Flood mission on Eris, both my Warframe and Sentinel died instantly (seemingly) without cause. What's odd is that for one, I had sufficient energy with Quick Thinking to survive any single hit from an enemy at the current level, and second, even more odd, is that my sentinel died and was not able to use Primed Regen + Sacrifice to revive itself then me afterwards. Instead, the damage seems to ignore the ehp I have from Quick Thinking (plus two Arcane Guardians), instantly kill the sentinel without allowing it to use Primed Regen, and, despite having Sacrifice on the sentinel, prevent my Warframe from entering the downed animation and instead go straight to the revive/spectator screen.

The mission was not difficult and long. I still had plenty of Primed Regen charges available. (I can provide video footage of the full mission if necessary).

I checked EE.log for the cause of the death, but it gave more questions than answers.

Here's a snippet of the log around the time of death:

3087.043 Game [Info]: Icohedron - new avatar: TennoAvatar1090
3087.044 Sys [Info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 1.0ms
3087.046 Game [Info]: Icohedron was killed by 1 / 1 damage
3087.053 Game [Info]: Enabling spectator mode
3087.055 Sys [Info]: LotusSentinelAvatar with ID 1091 died of natural causes. Source of damage was NULL source, source object type was NULL source object type
3087.055 Sys [Info]: LotusSentinelAvatar::NotifyDied: Notifying GameRules that Sentinel with ID 1091 owned by Icohedron/TennoAvatar1090 has died
3087.055 Sys [Info]: Setting Sentinel state for Icohedron from 0 to SS_DEAD, 2574
3087.056 Script [Info]: AmmoBuff.lua: UnapplyUpgrades - Unapplied.
3087.060 Script [Info]: *** Enabling spectator mode ***

Also a video clip around the time of death:

Garuda and Carrier Prime builds:

WDKQR9q.jpg

Y33k3X1.jpg

I haven't been able to pinpoint this to anything in particular, but have experienced some odd deaths from time to time, quite rarely (which kind of makes this difficult to report). Just out of nowhere, full health and everything, *boom* dead. And me shaking my head out of shock as to what just happened.

Perhaps this is a new level of end-game difficulty they have implemented silently? /s

• 1 year later...

I have experienced the same issue on multiple occasions. The last time it was while playing with Ivara Prime while using Prowl and being invisible. I suddenly died without any obvious reason (had not been taking any damage and no enemies were near). I then revived and few moments later I died suddenly again.

When looking in the logs the cause of death is NULL??!!?!

LotusSentinelAvatar with ID 585 died of natural causes. Source of damage was NULL source, source object type was NULL source object type

This also happened with other frames in different missions so hard to identify the cause.