Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Grind Breakdown

Hey guys. I never come to the forums to post, but I feel this needs to be broken down since DE has such a horrible track record for introducing new events. To be fair, I haven't been playing games since January due to personal reasons. Luckily, I came back a few days ago to find I had only 16 days to reach rank 30 in the new Nightwave event. Cool, easy, no problem...right? 16 days should be more than enough time...not. Turns out if you miss the weekly bounties, you're screwed. I quickly finished the acts for that week and currently I'm rank 7. I'm going to do some math for your enjoyment just to really break this down.

You are required to earn 10k standing to rank up.

There are 30 ranks.

That's 300k Standing over the course of a few weeks(not my situation).

Since I'm rank 7, that means I need 223k Standing to max my rank.

With minimal acts left, for the sake of this scenario, I wont include the acts from the last weeks because they wont really push me too much farther.

The are only two ways I know of to obtain nightwave standing. Acts and Fugitive captures.

Since I'm screwed on the acts, I'm left with hunting fugitives...

Fugitives only give 50 standing per fugitive, and they spawn in groups of 3. So thats 150 Standing(from what i hear, it used to be 300 before they disabled the buried debts event on console...thanks).

Thanks to LeyzarGamingViews. He found out that these fugitives normally spawn every 20 or so minutes(and thats not really consistent to say the least) but it was a starting point for me. Its been somewhat consistent, not always, but its helped me non the less.

The Math

I need to gain 223k standing, as of now, in 13 days.

If the fugitives spawn consistently every 20 minutes(and im giving that away because they don't spawn consistently enough, normally 1-2 times an hour), thats 450 standing per hour.

At 10k standing per rank, it would take me close to 22 hours to gain 1 rank through fugitives alone.

At 22 hours per rank, I would need to chase down fugitives for 506 hours...straight. That's a little under 1.5k fugitives...and that's if they spawned consistently at 20 minute intervals...again, they don't.

I'm no stranger to the grind. I did a 60 hour stream on Christmas in 2017 and countless 24 hour streams(I don't stream anymore, just making a point) The only thing I do in Warframe at this point is Kuva survival to roll rivens, and my clan hasn't been active since Division 2's release, so some of the elite bounties, I can't accomplish.

The reason I want to do this isn't for the umbra forma funny enough. I really wanted the saturn six armor bundle, because I'm one of the believers that Fashion Frame is true endgame(lol).

Honestly, I don't believe it should take this much effort to max your nightwave standing. I have 13 full days, and clearly I still wont be able to max out my standing if i play them all straight(and I could do it). That's absurd.

There either needs to be a more consistent way of earning standing, or the requirements need to be reduced, or you could remove some of the worthless rewards. This can't be how this goes. It's not fair to players who can't login daily. Adults have lives, jobs, families, things they need to do in real life that don't concern Warframe.

Now, potential solutions could be removing 10 of the regurgitated rewards from the pool and bring the max rank down from 30 to 20. 20k Kuva is easily obtainable in any 1 hour long kuva survival. Cosmetics, those should just be available. They neither increase damage nor warfame ability, so why it's a rank 30 reward over Umbra forma is literally beyond me. Wolf credit rewards are extremely redundant since you earn those as you rank. This would be easy to implement.

Another solution would be to incorporate another way of earning standing that is actually viable. Maybe buff the standing you get from fugitives or add another type of spawn similar to the fugitives. Another easy fix.

Really, I'm not trying to be toxic, so please don't respond that way. This grind is absurd, even for me, and I've done some stupid grinds in my day. There needs to be a change with this. I really hate that I'm going to miss out on the armor bundle, and I know I can't be the only one who feels this way. It feels like I'm being forced to play just for the sake of grinding. That is not okay. I'm not trying to sound entitled or as if I should just be given these things. I offered solutions that still include the grind, but give your players a break. The toxicity has been noticeably increasing in warframe, likely due to things like this, riven rolls, and players migrating from destiny, anthem, etc.. I just want people who have lives and responsibilities to have a fair shot at rewards, same as the hardcore gamers who log in every single day. The fact that max rank isn't achievable if I grind for 14 days straight is insane. My Xbox isn't connected to me at the hip, close but it's not. I can't be consistently engaged for weeks at a time, which makes this reward method really unbalanced. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't play warfame 24/7/365. So please help out those gamer's that can't be plugged in indefinitely like a sweaty try hard. I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

-Toshinori

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shinobi Jake said:

Fugitives only give 50 standing per fugitive, and they spawn in groups of 3. So thats 150 Standing(from what i hear, it used to be 300 before they disabled the buried debts event on console...thanks).

Fugitives were always 50 pts per fugitive.  They were temporarily increased on OV to be double during Buried Debts.  Now that that is over, they are back to normal on OV as well as everywhere else.  No need to be snippy about it.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Shinobi Jake said:

The reason I want to do this isn't for the umbra forma funny enough. I really wanted the saturn six armor bundle, because I'm one of the believers that Fashion Frame is true endgame(lol).

You're in luck, as they've said they want to keep rewards around...although we don't yet know how we'll get them after NW Season 1 ends.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Shinobi Jake said:

Honestly, I don't believe it should take this much effort to max your nightwave standing. I have 13 full days, and clearly I still wont be able to max out my standing if i play them all straight(and I could do it). That's absurd.

It doesn't.  You came late and you missed a lot of standing.  That's not DE's fault, nor does it mean that NW grind is excessive.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Shinobi Jake said:

There either needs to be a more consistent way of earning standing, or the requirements need to be reduced, or you could remove some of the worthless rewards. This can't be how this goes. It's not fair to players who can't login daily. Adults have lives, jobs, families, things they need to do in real life that don't concern Warframe.

Which is why DE made it so that you only have to do about 60% of the challenges to get all the rewards.  That you came in with 13 days left is, again, not DE's fault.

I'm also confused.  You say you have a life, job, etc, meaning you can't spend the time to grind, but you're also commenting about how you do all kinds of excessive grinds, up to days at a time.  So, which is it?

• Like 2

You're complaining about not having enough time to complete this seasons rewards, but many players with limited time to play the game have achieved this already.

It comes down to a few things. Time Management, setting goals and organizing your efforts toward the success of the later two.

Saying this grind is absurd is hyperbolic. You're required to complete 60% of challenges to reach rank 30. The grind is not absurd, your focus needs to be on what you were doing all this time. Rewards should be earned, top tier rewards should require some investment. It should not just be handed to you because you want it.

This is a real world reality, that you don't just get something because you want it. You need to earn it, and Nightwave requires some work, but the rewards are sweet. I myself am an adult gamer, I have a kid and wife, a job that demands 60 hours a week and have gone through several set backs in life during this event and still reached 30.

I don't find this post toxic, and I hope I am not coming off toxic. You should have, as an adult, known better than to push this off and if you had no choice, know better than to complain to DE because you could not apply yourself.

• Like 4

You were too late to the party so you miss out.

Its as simple as that.

The "grind" was far from absurd to me because I was here almost from the start, I skipped ALOT of the elite missions, I missed a full week at the start and I still made it to the end with minimal effort and time to spare.

I think the only problem with nightwave is its impossible to gauge the future and plan accordingly.

I think they should release a roster of all the missions and their standing rewards prior to release of the event so that we can plan our time better.

Edited by SteelOverseer666

4 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You're in luck, as they've said they want to keep rewards around...although we don't yet know how we'll get them after NW Season 1 ends.

I thought the armor was going to remain exclusive and not become available again.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Kuljack:

You're complaining about not having enough time to complete this seasons rewards, but many players with limited time to play the game have achieved this already.

It comes down to a few things. Time Management, setting goals and organizing your efforts toward the success of the later two.

Saying this grind is absurd is hyperbolic. You're required to complete 60% of challenges to reach rank 30. The grind is not absurd, your focus needs to be on what you were doing all this time. Rewards should be earned, top tier rewards should require some investment. It should not just be handed to you because you want it.

This is a real world reality, that you don't just get something because you want it. You need to earn it, and Nightwave requires some work, but the rewards are sweet. I myself am an adult gamer, I have a kid and wife, a job that demands 60 hours a week and have gone through several set backs in life during this event and still reached 30.

I don't find this post toxic, and I hope I am not coming off toxic. You should have, as an adult, known better than to push this off and if you had no choice, know better than to complain to DE because you could not apply yourself.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb SteelOverseer666:

Its as simple as that.

The "grind" was far from absurd to me because I was here almost from the start, I skipped ALOT of the elite missions, I missed a full week at the start and I still made it to the end with minimal effort and time to spare.

I do believe the main problem peopel simply have with Nightwave is, there is no clear indicator ingame, how long it lasts, how far you got or have left, etc.

Other events show a clear timer as example or are very clear that they come back same as they are now, with Nightwave is it vague atm, rewards can come back but in what way.

I love DE and Warframe and i am far rank 30 already but i can see why people have a problem with it, as exampel the thermal fractures on Orb Vallis, they came back very soon and even kept track of the points from last time for the Opticor Vandal, something DE never did yet also so far.

As said i love DE and Warframe, but when it comes ot ingame info or handling Events of any kind, they are very bad at there job.

Announcing things WIki or Forum wise is not always the best, not everyone has simply time to read every hotifx or info.

Personal opinion, i still not see also why we not could have kept both, Nightwave and Alerts, Alerts were not perfect but atleast they teached you they come back also, Nightwave is very unclear atm in what it does simply. And that is what confuses people and makes them feel pushed and forced into nightwave, having the time for it or not, it presents itself very rushed.

Edited by Marine027
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

snip

I agree 100%

I believe a clearly defined end date aswell as a list of each weeks missions and their standing rewards release at the same time as nightwave starts would go a loooong way at alleviating the problems I see most people having.

44 minutes ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Its as simple as that.

I think the only problem with nightwave is its impossible to gauge the future and plan accordingly.

I think they should release a roster of all the missions and their standing rewards prior to release of the event so that we can plan our time better.

I appreciate the the way you approached your comment. Very civil. And you focused on the topic instead of attacking my personal reasons for not being able to play. Thanks for being a reasonable human being. I understand I was late for the show. This was due to a situation out of my control. Homelessness sucks bro(starting a new job at one of the top hospitals in the country, so I'm good now). I'm also surprised that the end time isn't represented in the nightwave tab. That would seem like a given. Like I said though, so far, from what I've witnessed, DE has a horrible track record when it comes to implementing something new. Usually requiring a hot fix or update, because someone didn't think something through i.e. Pax seeker needing to be hot fixed or other things of a simple nature that just seem overlooked. I think DE releasing a roster would be excellent. Very good suggestion.

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Slight tox bro. My time management has nothing to do with it being as I've stated I was unable to participate at all. If you would kindly reread my post, I would appreciate it. I also clearly stated I didn't want this handed to me. As an adult, there are more important responsibilities I had to take care of in my life, other than checking in on warfame. 60% of the challenges is fine. That's not a point I'm trying to get at. What I'm saying is without those, there is no viable way to rank up. 22 hours of fugitives nets you 1 rank. I think it's more than reasonable to say that that is frankly absurd. Me being an adult, has nothing to do with this. If a new adult player started today, the wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell to even come close no matter how good there time management skills are.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Fugitives were always 50 pts per fugitive.  They were temporarily increased on OV to be double during Buried Debts.  Now that that is over, they are back to normal on OV as well as everywhere else.  No need to be snippy about it.

It doesn't.  You came late and you missed a lot of standing.  That's not DE's fault, nor does it mean that NW grind is excessive.

Which is why DE made it so that you only have to do about 60% of the challenges to get all the rewards.  That you came in with 13 days left is, again, not DE's fault.

I'm also confused.  You say you have a life, job, etc, meaning you can't spend the time to grind, but you're also commenting about how you do all kinds of excessive grinds, up to days at a time.  So, which is it?

I know of the temporary increase, I never said that 300 was the standard. I hope they keep the rewards around, I want the armor bundle. I didn't blame DE for my lateness, I stated that there's no other viable way to rank up, and what they give you is frankly absurd. 22 hours of fugitives for 1 rank is indeed unfathomable. Instead of worrying about my life, maybe offer a solution. You offered none, and instead decided to comment on a person you know nothing of. This problem likely doesn't even apply to you. So why comment attacking me personally. "I'm also confused.  You say you have a life, job, etc, meaning you can't spend the time to grind, but you're also commen?ting about how you do all kinds of excessive grinds, up to days at a time.  So, which is it?"

I'm not here to argue about me, my life, blah blah blah, your opinions about adults blah blah blah. I'm here bringing up a relevant problem, trying to offer solutions. I didn't come to attack anyone, or debate about what adults should or should not do. I did the math. I showed the math. I'm looking for a solution. That's all. I'm not really the argumentative type. If I misstated a fact in my post correct me. As far as I can see, my math is solid, and I offered two solutions that are viable. Regardless of your personal standing, I think we can all agreed, a change should be made.

I also want to add, I had no idea this event was going on. I was unable to play before it started. I just got back a few days ago. Had I known, I would have definitely had no problem reaching max rank. I have no idea why I feel the need to say that.

Edited by (XB1)Shinobi Jake

The season was extended by about two weeks even so if I'm not mistaken you'd have almost missed the entire season if it wasn't extended at all. This is working as intended however, it's incentivizing active play while keeping the reward structure more flexible than alerts with week-long windows to play instead of 20 minute to hour long ones.

The system also should not be viewed as an event, it's a permanent feature to replace alerts. Just as you'd miss out on alert rewards for not playing or being unable to you will miss reward opportunities with Nightwave.

It is worth noting that they intend to bring back the Wolf themed rewards though I don't know if it was confirmed to be in a repeat season later down the line or for it to be added elsewhere later.

Also they had tried to make it clear that they can't make any large changes to the system mid-season and all feedback has to go towards the following seasons. So the second season should (ideally) look vastly different to this one between transparency on how much you need to do and how long you have to do it. The system IS changing it just can't change yet.

41 minutes ago, (XB1)Shinobi Jake said:

Snip

It's all about perception. The post inherently is a complaint, any response that doesn't agree with you would be at least slightly toxic in it's nature as it's against your point of view.

I did kindly read your post. You were unable to participate. My point to make is that if you cannot participate, you unfortunately just miss out. To expect anything more comes off with an entitlement attitude. It's not fun to miss out, I miss out on stuff all the time but that's just life. We can't apply ourselves to everything we want or we'd all be doctors and rocket scientists and marine biologist and Nobel prize winners... or just have all the exclusive timed rewards in all the games we love.

A solution maybe, to satisfy your angst for a more reliable grind for rep would have been for DE to install a rep reward when you kill the Wolf. Maybe he could give 1000-5000 rep a kill.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

I thought the armor was going to remain exclusive and not become available again.

I may have misunderstood or just simply been mistaken?  I thought it would come around again, but maybe not.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shinobi Jake said:

I know of the temporary increase, I never said that 300 was the standard.

You certainly framed it that way with your snide aside at DE for removing the 300 points.

22 hours of fugitives for 1 rank is indeed unfathomable.

They aren't meant to be the main way to rank up, but a bonus that you get every so often along the way.

So why comment attacking me personally.

If asking why you are making contradictory arguments is an attack, then I'm not sure how to point out that you made contradictory arguments (at least what feels like contradictory arguments).  The whole OP comes off as a toxic complaint that you can farm all kinds of stuff, but this is way too much, and at the same time you don't have any time to farm at all and it's all way too much.  And, if you are going to go after people for being toxic, you may have started off by looking in the mirror.

I'm here bringing up a relevant problem, trying to offer solutions.

I'm sorry, but you were given 12+ weeks to do something and you came in with 2 weeks left.  That is not DE's fault.  It is not a "problem" that DE needs to address either.  I'm sorry if you had personal issues that kept you away from the game, but it happens.  We move on.  You'll be around for the next season, and maybe the armor sets will come back at some point (I may have been wrong in thinking they would).  But, again, this doesn't constitute a problem for DE.  Should someone who comes back to the game tomorrow be able to complain that they can't grind out all the rewards?  Where's the cut-off?

And, no, I don't see a reason to change to cater to people who haven't played until the last minute, even in cases where it was out of their control.

I understand that you think it's an absurd grind - I agree with you.

What I find most absurd about it is that with this nightwave grind you have to do 15 stupid acts, that are no fun to do each week for 10 weeks to get around the same rewards as before with the quick alert system, that was a success for 6 years.

DE should never force players to play stuff they don't like to play to get the same rewards down the line.

Do you hate mining and conservation missions well though luck you have to do them again and again.

Are you a newbie well though luck you have to do sorties and tons of stuff closed off to you in your galaxy map.

Do you only play solo well though luck now you have to team up with friends and clan members.

Are you a role player or a PvP or PvE well tough luck you just have to suck it up and play our chore acts or quit the game.

• Like 1

Nightwave replaced the old Alert System. Under the old system, it took anywhere from a few months, to over a year to get the rewards as you had to be online when the Alerts came up and able to do them. That is, to have unlocked that part of the Star Chart and actually be able to complete that particular mission. People complain about Mining events now. Before it was complaining about Excavation missions, or Interception missions, or....you get the idea (or maybe you don't). The main complaint, however, was that the random times the Alerts popped meant many missed out on them for lengthy times. Nightwave corrected this.

Nightwave is also a re-occurring  event. Meaning it will happen again. Maybe as the Wolf, maybe not, but the main rewards will be back. Sort of like Baro.

So, the grind hasn't INcreased, it has DEcreased. It only appears to have increased for those that want to do it all in one shot. For those getting burned out from having that outlook, I have zero sympathy. Learn to pace yourselves.

The only part of Nightwave that I feel is lacking, is the boss fight with Wolf. He's just an easy to kill bullet-sponge with no real depth of tactics. Point-Shoot-Collect Reward.

But complaining about the grind is narrow minded outlooks that fail to compare what was to what is, correctly.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Ryim_Drykeon:

Nightwave replaced the old Alert System. Under the old system, it took anywhere from a few months, to over a year to get the rewards as you had to be online when the Alerts came up and able to do them. That is, to have unlocked that part of the Star Chart and actually be able to complete that particular mission. People complain about Mining events now. Before it was complaining about Excavation missions, or Interception missions, or....you get the idea (or maybe you don't). The main complaint, however, was that the random times the Alerts popped meant many missed out on them for lengthy times. Nightwave corrected this.

Nightwave is also a re-occurring  event. Meaning it will happen again. Maybe as the Wolf, maybe not, but the main rewards will be back. Sort of like Baro.

So, the grind hasn't INcreased, it has DEcreased. It only appears to have increased for those that want to do it all in one shot. For those getting burned out from having that outlook, I have zero sympathy. Learn to pace yourselves.

The only part of Nightwave that I feel is lacking, is the boss fight with Wolf. He's just an easy to kill bullet-sponge with no real depth of tactics. Point-Shoot-Collect Reward.

But complaining about the grind is narrow minded outlooks that fail to compare what was to what is, correctly.

I can agree mostly yet i sitll not see why we not could had kept both again, Alerts would hadb een a simple bonus while Nightwave would be sometihng you can choose form if you wanted anytihng specific.

The problem is its very new player unfriendly, you have to choose between auras, nitain, etc.

It may be be decreased in a whole but the presentation lets it feel dragged out, Wolf creds are are only every 3-5 ranks, limiting new players even more to such since they would obviously go for like catalysts due highest price confusing them, and with events like this we are never sure when they come back or in what state simply, the fear of the unknown.

My question is why couldn't this work like any normal syndicat or like Baro then if it is suppsoed like them, yes i know tehy tried something new but the way it got ingame is just a mess simply, it is not about working for it to long or to short for most, but the goal they can't see on it, Syndicats you reach max rank whenever you feel playing for them, events you see what points you need like the recent Opticor Vandal, which is another thing simply since those points did came back oddly to continue, while other events like this did not such.

Nightwave is a good attempt and has potential, it just needs improvment alot and people need ot admit it does thigns badly aswell as it does good things.

And onto alerts AGAIN they worked, as poorly they were they worked mostly, yet i not see still again why Nightwave had ot repalce it compeltly and could not exist alongside it.

Could people stop watchign all in black and white and see something in between maybe?

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I may have misunderstood or just simply been mistaken?  I thought it would come around again, but maybe not.

You certainly framed it that way with your snide aside at DE for removing the 300 points.

They aren't meant to be the main way to rank up, but a bonus that you get every so often along the way.

If asking why you are making contradictory arguments is an attack, then I'm not sure how to point out that you made contradictory arguments (at least what feels like contradictory arguments).  The whole OP comes off as a toxic complaint that you can farm all kinds of stuff, but this is way too much, and at the same time you don't have any time to farm at all and it's all way too much.  And, if you are going to go after people for being toxic, you may have started off by looking in the mirror.

I'm sorry, but you were given 12+ weeks to do something and you came in with 2 weeks left.  That is not DE's fault.  It is not a "problem" that DE needs to address either.  I'm sorry if you had personal issues that kept you from the game, but it happens.  We move on.  You'll be around for the next season, and maybe the armor sets will come back at some point (I may have been wrong in thinking they would).  But, again, this doesn't constitute a problem for DE.  Should someone who comes back to the game tomorrow be able to complain that they can't grind out all the rewards?  Where's the cut-off?

And, no, I don't see a reason to change to cater to people who haven't played until the last minute, even in cases where it was out of their control.

"I'm also confused.  You say you have a life, job, etc, meaning you can't spend the time to grind, but you're also commenting about how you do all kinds of excessive grinds, up to days at a time.  So, which is it?" this isn't a statement meant for helping. Work on your reading comprehension. I quoted your statement that had no relation to the topic. I. am. not. here. to. argue. Im done with you. Offer you a solution or not. up to you. next.

Although it was meant to replace the Alerts, if you do a mission alert, you get your reward and you move on. This isn't the same. To get those same items you now have to purchase them with wolf credits which you get from ranking up....which takes way longer than any alert mission I guarantee you. Regardless of acts, there is literally no other way to increase your rank besides fugitives which takes 22 hours for one whole rank. That is a problem.

5 minutes ago, Facadedestroyer said:

nightwave and alert system are nothing alike so ''replacing'' was uncalled for.

nightwave is a battlepass daily challenges for less rewards and force you to play the game a specific way

alert system is a rng public missions for rewards upfront

they 100% can coexist tougher even if we give both of them the same rewards but the devs decided not to give the players any choices with is shame.

1) Called for by the players whom complained about not being able to be online when the Alerts came up.

2) So did Alerts. Took longer in Alerts to get the right missions, takes the time in Nightwave to get the Cred. Same-same.

3) So is Nightwave

4) Agree. Both could work together. I won't hold my breath on that.

5 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

And onto alerts AGAIN they worked, as poorly they were they worked mostly, yet i not see still again why Nightwave had ot repalce it compeltly and could not exist alongside it.

Could people stop watchign all in black and white and see something in between maybe?

I'd agree with this. I doubt DE will run both though. They seemed pretty happy about removing Alerts.

4 hours ago, SteelOverseer666 said:

Its as simple as that.

True.

Though I feel obliged to point out that for a time it seemed DE had learned to not do limited-time events that used to be the norm in early WF. But with Nightwave they've forgotten that lesson entirely and gone back to making the same old mistakes again.

1 minute ago, Facadedestroyer said:

false, people asked DE to fix the alert system rng issue and overhaul/rework it heavily, alert system been around since 6 years ago and i am damn sure there was nothing called ''battlepass'' back then and there was no syndicate too with is what nighwave is made up from, so no we didnt ask for this.

thats a lie, even with all the alerts flaws its objectively more rewarding when the rng is right and its been around for 6 years without the devs even touching it like ever so its not fair to compare it to a new fresh system like this, nightwave in the other hand does not respect your time and make you play the game in a way you may not even enjoy for mediocre rewards that we used to get in 5mn, keep in mind that does not prevent them from coexisting it tougher with is a major point i keep making.

its not, you dont need a squad or a mission to glide a weapon or forma a weapon for god sake, you're comparing chuck and cheese here.

but you could stop making excuses for DE on why they replaced the alert system with a battlepass, because its not the first time they done this, they did it with raids and they did it with raven system and they will keep doing it if we keep our mouth shut.

1) You asked for change. You got it. That you don't like it is another matter.

2) I farmed the Alerts in a little over a year. Wasn't pushing, just did it. Nightwave I hit Rank 30 two weeks ago. Wasn't pushing, just did it. I may be more than a newbie now, so things come easier, but that's still a huge difference in time sink.

3) Didn't need a squad for any mission in Alerts either. So comparing Lemons to Limes. Though the Forma bs I do agree is bs, and have given feedback on such.

4) Not making excuses for them. Stating their apparent reasoning from listening to their Dev Streams. If that's incorrect, then they need to communicate more clearly.

Never said Nightwave was perfect. Just complaining about the grind of it is inane. Especially all the damn topics on it every day in General. If people cared, they'd be making reasonable feedback in the Feedback category, not the mess of General.

2 minutes ago, Facadedestroyer said:

you're making excues by arguing that alert system was bad and needed to be 'replaced' and thats a the problem here.

No, I am not.

I have only stated that the GRIND isn't any different. You either had to stay online or set up off-site alerts to hit the Alerts you wanted. In Nightwave, you can do your dailies, and weeklies as you will, and buy whatever reward you wanted. The missions in Alerts may have been done in under 5 mins, but the time waiting for them was far longer. Argue that, and you're fooling only yourself.

Personally, I'm glad I did all my grinding under the Alert system. I have hundreds of Nitain stocked, don't need Catalysts or Reactors past the dozens I have, and I have so many Forma BP's from Fissures I'll be building them for the next few years. So, as a player that has been around under the old system, I was able to casually "grind" Nightwave, and was able to see the grind is not that bad. The core mechanics of it definitely need some attention, but I rarely see people complain about those, just the GRIND!!!

As for those that do complain about the core mechanics of Nightwave, few are the ones that give any type of Feedback as to what they want. Aside from wanting it ALL and wanting it NOW. Give DE some ideas and maybe they'll listen. Just keep griping and you can stock up on cheese to eat with all the wine while DE glosses over the drivel. To those that do give DE suggestions, I salute them for trying to make the game better. Snowflakes that just complain to complain can go melt.

So have a nice "general chat". I'm going to go play Warframe.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

True.

Though I feel obliged to point out that for a time it seemed DE had learned to not do limited-time events that used to be the norm in early WF. But with Nightwave they've forgotten that lesson entirely and gone back to making the same old mistakes again.

Agreed,

Perhaps if we were allowed to choose when we start the nightwave series ourselves that could be a solution.

I Imagine you would open the nightwave interface for the first time and are given a choice of starting a previous nightwave or to join in the current one.

It would list all the missions for each night wave, their requirements, their standing rewards, and how many weeks of missions there are remaining. All the infos.

If you choose to start an old one your 10 week timer starts and that nightwave proceeds as if it had just begun.

If you then fail to finish the nightwave you could restart it from the beginning but you wouldnt get the rewards you already aquired, they would be replaced with "creds".

Thinking about it more though that could be really difficult to implement and maintain.

Edited by SteelOverseer666

I still say that a simpler/better solution for Nightwave is for DE to give out creds with each of the Activities, say 5 cred for Daily, 10 for Weekly and 20 for Elite weekly. That alone would solve a LOT of the problems with the system as it stands right now.  The amount of cred you get and how many ranks you have to go through to get it is just ridiculous. Also, when Nightwave first dropped, I NEEDED Nitain Extract. I used to be able to get it at least 4 times/day through Alerts guaranteed. Now, I had to go through WEEKS worth of missions, rank through Tiers 1 and 2 of Nightwave, getting rewards I didn't care about, want or need just to FINALLY get the cred I needed for the Nitain.  They took things that used to be earned by a simple grind and put them behind a PAYWALL that is only usable with a special currency that takes forever to earn. 

2 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Are you a role player or a PvP or PvE well tough luck you just have to suck it up and play our chore acts or quit the game.

LOL, what?  NW is not mandatory.  You aren't forced to do anything.  Maybe a little less hyperbole next time?

this isn't a statement meant for helping. Work on your reading comprehension.

Didn't say it was meant for helping.  I was trying to figure out why you were complaining in two different, and seemingly contradictory ways.  But, hey, thanks for claiming my reading comprehension is somehow lacking...because that's relevant.

Offer you a solution or not. up to you. next.

A solution to what?  A solution to the "problem" that you came into this way late and expect to get all the rewards regardless?  Why does that need a solution?  You haven't made a case for that.

Although it was meant to replace the Alerts, if you do a mission alert, you get your reward and you move on. This isn't the same.

If it were exactly the same, then we would still have alerts.  In this method, there is a little more up-front work but with a chance to work towards what you want and get it when you want instead of hoping that the alert you need to drop happens to drop when you're online and capable of doing it.

To get those same items you now have to purchase them with wolf credits which you get from ranking up....which takes way longer than any alert mission I guarantee you.

That is true...to a certain extent.  I know people who waited years for specific auras to pop up when they were on...or Vauban parts...or weapon blueprints.  Sure, if an alert had popped up with a part they needed, it was one mission and you got it.  Hoorah.  If the alert never popped up, too bad for you for as long as it took to be online when that part was available.  This way takes more up-front work, but you can progress towards what you want.  This is what gamers tend to ask for...until they get it and then complain about how horrible it is.  DE can't please some people it seems.

Regardless of acts, there is literally no other way to increase your rank besides fugitives which takes 22 hours for one whole rank. That is a problem.

No, it's not, because they are not meant to be your source of ranking up, but a supplemental source that helps out here and there.  That you continue to hold to this erroneous idea that you're supposed to use them to rank up is on you, not on me or DE.