Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #127!

[DE]Rebecca

Hey there!

This bit of text is copied from @MirageKnight post on the last Plains of Eidolon hotfix update.

I hope you guys can take his points into consideration and address them during the Devstream.

Improvements and fixes are always (and should be) appreciated when they arrive. That being said, the following is a reminder that there are still no fixes / solutions for the following bugs and issues that have been observed:

- Arch-guns being largely mediocre in comparison to regular ranged weapons.

- Nekros Shadows being affected by Renewal, thus posing a massive and unreasonable energy drain on Oberon players.

- Broken firing animations for Phaedra when used as a Heavy Weapon.

- Broken animations for Grattler in general.

- Broken animations for Atlas' "robes": The left one tends to bunch up and push to one side when large, bulky primary weapons (like Ogris and Plasmor) are equipped.

- Broken animations and fx / sfx for Sarpa if attack speed is too high.

- Vauban and Wukong being generally boring and almost completely out-classed by meta DPS Frames such as Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox, etc.

- Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Equinox and Mag still being non-coop friendly by being able to completely dominate / nuke small defense maps with ridiculous ease. Being able to grab 200+ kills by Wave 5 on Hydron mostly with abilities while the rest of the squad gets 50 or less kills each is NOT balanced. We want to play and participate, not be bored to tears because someone decided to delete most of the enemies for us with an OP ability.

- The Wolf of Saturn Six being a boring bullet-sponge and gear-check enemy that punishes players for head-shotting and who rewards us with a subpar drop table that has mods you can easily get anywhere else. Likewise, having the three Fugitives that accompany him staying invincible as long as the Wolf is still fighting is an arguably TERRIBLE design, especially considering that it can take some players up to 20-30 minutes to kill the Wolf himself.

- Arguably terrible pacing and lackluster rewards for Arbitrations.

- Nightwave failing to truly respect player time and commitment and being geared towards players with far too much free-time.

- Host Migrations NOT pausing the game. This has been an issue for years and it can be game-breaking.

- Energy colors being bugged / broken for certain Warframes, accessories, and abilities.

Also, it would be really appreciated if you all could:

- Allow us to, if possible, opt out of certain Warframe abilities (such as Volt's Speed and Limbo's Rift portals) by default via a game preference toggle. We can turn off Octavia's sounds for other players because of how intrusive they can be. Why not potentially intrusive abilities?

- Give us manual blocking options back for melee. Because 1. stances and a couple of mods use blocking and 2. auto-blocking can be really inconvenient and irritating.

- Make Ogris fun again and give it a semi-auto trigger. Make the rockets only detonate after they've traveled 6m (at least), for obvious safety reasons.

- Bring back regular Alerts for players that either can't or don't want to deal with Nightwave. We players appreciate having options.

- Lower the credit cost to build Ephemera to 10k credits and drop the resource costs by 90%. Also, lower the grind needed to get the things. It's a cosmetic item that does nothing but leave footprints / trails that disappear after a few seconds.

Thanks for reading.

Great work still enjoying the game. A thought to share could you take the tile missions make some pvp matches from them like rescue mission 5v5 put the sprint and glide mechanics on stamina so can’t spam and call it the new improved conclave but not get rid off conclave either fight for corpus or grineer and winning team gets there rewards specifically from the side you fought for wow that sounds like an amazing idea.

Hello!

I have a couple questions for you guys.

1.) In the last Devstream, it was mentioned at the very end that the Itzal was going to get a nerf... After a bit of explaining, Scott pointed out that it was due to so many players using the itzal and players being forced to use that due to wanting to have speed. While I am really glad to hear that the problem of being forced into only one option is being acknowledged, I (and most if not all members of the community that I've spoken to) don't think that nerfing the itzal is the right approach to fixing the issue considering that it is currently the only option that makes transit around the plains and orb vallis bearable.

Since the last devstream has there been any changes or thoughts to solving the issue of transit across the open world environments, and by extension nerfing the itzal? If so, what are those changes and when can we expect them?

2a.) Recently you guys have mentioned that you are trying to focus on making the game more beginner friendly and to try and make it less of a grind for newer players to get started. I haven't seen anything about the two biggest issues that frustrated me and many others that I spoke to when I first started, which were daily standing caps and mastery tests being limited to just one every 24 hours. The limitation of one test per 24 hours isn't something that most higher MR players will care about, but that's mostly due to the fact that it becomes impossible to have two mastery tests within a day at higher MR anyway. However, it isn't that unreasonable for a new player to earn enough mastery points to get past several ranks within a day. The simplest fix that I could think of would be to remove the waiting period for the next test if you successfully passed the previous one while still having the 24 hour waiting period  if a player fails.

Do you have any thoughts or intentions to change this?

2b.) The second part would be the daily standing caps and unfortunately I don't really know what the best way to fix them would be, but it becomes far too grueling for a low MR player to be able to feel like they're accomplishing anything with the daily standing caps... it can take several weeks sometimes to reach the max standing and even longer if you actually buy anything with standing. This seems to be even worse now that fishing bait now requires standing to purchase for each piece rather than the blueprint. While this is much easier for players who have already reach max standing or have a higher standing cap, it makes the grind even more unbearable for lower MR players.. If you have a cap of 6k daily standing and you go buy 1k worth of bait (which is not unreasonable), you can only advance by 5k standing each day... While each piece of bait will yield far more standing than it costs... it does still cost something and that eats into your daily standing cap

Do you have any plans to address the standing caps or to make the grind easier on newer players?

edit:.... Can you also please fix host migrations killing damage stacks on Gara?!

Thanks in advance for any replies or consideration!

edit:.... Can you also please fix host migrations killing damage stacks on Gara?!

On 2019-05-01 at 1:58 PM, Tangent-Valley said:

The only way I could see them doing this is if they cut down the Endo Reward's amounts by nearly half (Hopefully not that far) and decreasing the Drop Chance of Ayatan Rewards. I'd be down with it, for sure, but I also know there's no way they'd keep the Reward rates the same if they get dropped Twice as much.

I don't see why this is the case.  Earning Endo at that rate is already possible from Vodyanoi, and the whole point of Arbitrations when they were originally shown to us as "elite alerts" on a long-distant devstream was to be a "high-risk, high-reward" game mode.  It's more like "very boring, slowly rewarding" in its current form.

Is it possible to make Ephemeras be EARNED instead of Luck based drop?

Is it possible to SWAP frosts HARKA skin color scheme tertiary with its accents as metallics are bound to Tertiary?

Synoid Simulor and Synoid Gammacor color schemes has some persistent purple color, was this intentional or not?

Will we get a pet Hyena any time soon?

Will Sentinels get Assault mod passive like Moas?

Nightwave Questions : 
1) What's the verdict on being able to get old series rewards (such as the armors set) in future NW? Are they going to be in prestige or purchasable with the next currency?

2) Will the wolf or other mini bosses stay within the game after their NW series ends? 

3) Will we ever be able to get beacons for these bosses through Baro or even NW purchases? 

4) What really determines the spawn of the wolf because my main PC account has seen him maybe 2 or 3 times while my new NSW character has been brutally murdered about a hundred times. Does he intentionally target weaker players?

Although the new melee is good I found some issues that need to be fixed. The first issue is that aim glides will force you to pull out your gun which could lower survivability as less blocking while aim gliding or as a Valkyr in hysteria just kill the hell out of you for going to revive a teammate and not being protected. Another issue is if you have melee out when your being shot at while your in the air you will be forced to block and aim glide which to me makes movement feel a little clunkier. And a last issue that is very minor is that when your using a melee charge attack, if you are shot or hit by anything in the block area you will have it cancelled so if your using a gunblade to clear a hoard you can't use the charge attack to clear them.

Are these issues being looked into or will they in the near future?

With the newest flow of melee, are there any thoughts of primary/secondary weapons with main functions based around supporting/being supported by melee weapons? For example a throwing star secondary that creates a temporary protective bubble that stuns enemies inside. Or a weapon that requires the melee combo count as ammo. 
Also in that same thought, any chance for double use melee weapons? like the dark split sword being a dual sword in the "secondary" slot and a heavy blade in the melee slot.  Or the gun-staffs being a melee weapon at the same time?

Hey DE, I would like to ask you if there's any chance in the future that you guys would make a project of a real-life action movie?

Secondly, if it's possible that you can make specter 2.0? like using our own modded warframe as a sidekick and operated by Jarvis ... I mean Ordis. (just for solo mode 'cus we're suffering from strict-nat)

Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to hear about Nightwave Series 2! A few questions though.

1. Are there any plans to do more with infested portion of the orbiter, the Helminth?

2. Are pet synergies planned at all? For example, the Helminth Charger and Nidus since they come from the same source.

3. Will Wisp and the Gas City rework come along with Nightwave Series 2?

4. Will the Wolf stick around after Nightwave Series 1 ends? He's pretty fun to fight, in my opinion.

5. Any more two-handed Nikanas on the way? I love the Tatsu already but something with a bit more punch would be great

6. With Series 2 being infested based, will special Infested-style equipment and cosmetics be available?

7. Assuming that Series 2 follows the same format as Series 1, will the new Boss/Assassination Target/Hunter have increased spawn and drop chances? Also, will defeating it give Nightwave rep? The Wolf spawns a little too sparingly and it's a bit disappointing that you don't receive any rep for defeating him, only his Pack.

Thank you!

Maybe dumb question:

I have the Endura rapier with Vulpine Mask stance mod, attack speed 1.4 and it is lightning fast.
In comparison the Tatsu with Wise Razor stance mod has an attack speed of 1.6 and feels like it is dragging itself through the air like through thick syrup.

I thought so far that a stat is a stat, but this proved me wrong quickly. Does it have anything to do with the stance mods or weapon types even?

Archived