The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slight War Buff. Maybe.

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

Being that the War is of sentient design and is supposedly hard to farm for not to mention it USED to be the most powerful weapon in the game. I was thinking that maybe it could have the unique passive that allows it to inflict weakness damage to the enemies it hits. Corrosive to Grineer, magnetic to Corpus, etc. etc.

Of course I’ve seen physical damage or elements be changed by a single mod. Maybe this War could convert all types of damage into that specific weakness of the enemies hit. Maybe channeling could make all damage become what the enemies are weak against. And channeling could increase the range. Maybe add a Prime Reach and you can see the energy aura blade extend. 

The War used to be the most popular weapon people wanted. But now it mostly collects dust for the majority of players. Then the fact that the Riven Disposition is really low too which makes the Riven Mods for it completely useless since there are 3 blades much higher than it. 

Then the Stalker hunts ALL Tenno so wouldn’t it make more sense for the War to be capable of slaying any and all Tenno? Ripping their shield, armor, and health down no matter how high they are. 

Just saying it would make the War more useful and the ability for its damage type to adapt to the enemies weaknesses would bring it back into the spot light. Not to mention the pain in farming for the Broken War pieces and then the War bp. 

The wolf Sledge’s unique ability to be thrown already makes up for its slight lack in damage compared to other melees. And at least the pieces only drop from one enemy and that very enemy’s spawn chance has increased. 

The War and the Broken War are still a pain to farm for. Even if getting them to spawn more often is a little easier than the Wolf. 

And once again it is a sentient weapon. But not just any sentient weapon. It is a part and the host of Hunhow. Figured that would make it qualified for a better buff so that the other weapons don’t completely outshine it and leaving following behind their shadow. 

But seriously I really want an excuse to use it again. Sure I can just equip it but I like for it to be useful. So many weapons that put the War to shame. Having the ability to adapt to enemies’ weaknesses would definitely make it the go to weapon against the corrupted while the other weapons can be used against other enemy factions. Galatine or Gram Prime could be used against the infested, for example. 

hmm.
perhaps, Channeled attacks would Adapt the Base Damage to what the Enemy is weak to? Base Damage would be only the native IPS, not Elemental Damage that you add on.

that'd be pretty neat. not only would you ensure that you always have some amount of a Damage Type that is what you'd do good Damage with, but you'd also be able to get a lot of Status Effects in a unique way with the Weapon, increasing the maximum Status Effect variety it has.
(so the unique trait would be relevant, but would not supercede what Mods can do)

that'd be pretty cool. and help add a bit of variety to the Heavy Melee Category which is straight up one of the most bland Categories of Melee.

Edited by taiiat

5 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

It's uniqueness is the fact that it has high impact damage for it's weapon type. Wish it had innate "hunter munition" effect so I can atleast proc slash somehow.

Not quite what I was getting at. That “uniqueness” as you put it, is simply a difference. I’m talking about something that no other weapon period could be compared to. Especially since this is such a painful to farm weapon. Just for something like a gram, galatine, and fragor primes to make people forget its existence. Not to mention it being of sentient design and part of a powerful sentient known as Hunhow. Makes the whole thing a waste if impact instead of slash is the only thing it has in comparison to other heavy blades. Kind of missed the point. 

I agree this weapon should be "something more". Lore wise it should be special but in reality its poopy impact heavy blade. Its still decent weapon but yeah simple change in IPS distribution would make it appear more often in actual mission. Or as you want some special effect/passive, but for me making it more slashy would do it so i can run arbitrations or sorties with it. 

2 hours ago, TheFlameFlash said:

With its bright glow during channeling it should at least get a higher channeling multiplier or special ability during channeling

IKR? Not to mention it is a part of a very powerful sentient and is a pain to farm for. It’s like killing stalker hoping for a powerful sword, but all we get is a butter knife. Literally since impact is its main physical damage. Not exactly sharp. I can understand not wanting the blade to be the only blade but to make it like the most forgotten is definitely too much. They wouldn’t have to change the stats. Just add like some unique damage adaptation while channeling or whatever passive to it, and it would be good. Won’t stop me from using the paracesis against sentients. Or heavy slash against infested or debuff armor/shield enemies. And guns are used the most to kill while melees aren’t used as much. Melees could do more damage than a gun up close. Putting a bunch of holes vs completely slashing them to pieces. Many would choose a sword or a knife over a gun for up close combat. Excalibur Umbra is the only reason I’m even interested in melees since he can bring out their full combo potential.