Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the Tatsu and Wise Razor stance...

ZStormWizard

Before I get to explaining my stance on the nightmare of a grind that the Tatsu and Wise Razor is, a disclaimer. I've spent a lot of money on Warframe, I love Warframe, and I love the passion that Digital Extremes has for their product and their community.

That out of the way, the Tatsu grind and Wise Razor drop chance are ridiculous. For a Mastery Rank 7 item, the requirements of a total of 3,000 Oxium, which, to remind everyone, only drops from ONE unit type in the entire game, and in quantities as low as 6 to as high as 12 without a booster, which I'll be quick to remind everyone, not everyone has access to at all times. Not to mention the 100 Hespazym Alloy, which I managed to find about 15 of on my last mining expedition that only lasted about 30 minutes before I got frustrated at how little I found. The sheer amount of pointless time/grind walls in this game has been tolerable to this point, but honestly, this is ridiculous. I finally caved and bought the Tatsu with platinum. I'm MR21 nearly MR22 with nearly 2,000 hours in the game and I still don't have the kind of resources needed to build this monster of a sword.

Regarding Wise Razor, I apparently got really lucky because I found it solo after only about 10 minutes of farming the raknoids for it with Ash, however I've been trying to help my friend get it, who also bouht the Tatsu with platinum, by the way, and after two solid runs of about 20-30 mins each, we've only found a handful of useless mods that we've had for years now. If you're going to make us farm something mundane, at least have some decent rewards from it outside of "Reach" and "Organ Shatter."

To reiterate, I love Warframe, and I have no problem with grinding. My issue comes in when the grinding requires doing extremely mundane tasks like avoiding attacks from an invincible boss mob while farming the stupidly easy minions that it spawns every 15 seconds or so. I don't enjoy mindless grinding, and that's exactly what we keep getting with each new thing that's added.

Sincerely,
- A disappointed and concerned Tenno

Edited by eXSive

Did you manage to get a copy for your friend yet? If not I should have a spare to give them. Randomly got 2 (or maybe 3...?) copies from grinding Opticor Vandal.

Would just have to find a time we'd both be online.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus
  • Like 1

On 2019-05-01 at 8:36 PM, eXSive said:

Before I get to explaining my stance on the nightmare of a grind that the Tatsu and Wise Razor is, a disclaimer. I've spent a lot of money on Warframe, I love Warframe, and I love the passion that Digital Extremes has for their product and their community.

That out of the way, the Tatsu grind and Wise Razor drop chance are ridiculous. For a Mastery Rank 7 item, the requirements of a total of 3,000 Oxium, which, to remind everyone, only drops from ONE unit type in the entire game, and in quantities as low as 6 to as high as 12 without a booster, which I'll be quick to remind everyone, not everyone has access to at all times. Not to mention the 100 Hespazym Alloy, which I managed to find about 15 of on my last mining expedition that only lasted about 30 minutes before I got frustrated at how little I found. The sheer amount of pointless time/grind walls in this game has been tolerable to this point, but honestly, this is ridiculous. I finally caved and bought the Tatsu with platinum. I'm MR21 nearly MR22 with nearly 2,000 hours in the game and I still don't have the kind of resources needed to build this monster of a sword.

Regarding Wise Razor, I apparently got really lucky because I found it solo after only about 10 minutes of farming the raknoids for it with Ash, however I've been trying to help my friend get it, who also bouht the Tatsu with platinum, by the way, and after two solid runs of about 20-30 mins each, we've only found a handful of useless mods that we've had for years now. If you're going to make us farm something mundane, at least have some decent rewards from it outside of "Reach" and "Organ Shatter."

To reiterate, I love Warframe, and I have no problem with grinding. My issue comes in when the grinding requires doing extremely mundane tasks like avoiding attacks from an invincible boss mob while farming the stupidly easy minions that it spawns every 15 seconds or so. I don't enjoy mindless grinding, and that's exactly what we keep getting with each new thing that's added.

Sincerely,
- A disappointed and concerned Tenno

Oxium Is so easy to get. Have 1000s of oxium... That one unit type is all over the system.

Hespazym drop rate is very good is mi es, i can usually mine 100 or so units every 30ish minutes with a booster, so 50+ isnt bad at all for that resource

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak
  • Like 1

Thread is a timewarp to back when Oxium was hard to get. Thankfully it is very easy to farm in the present reality of WF. Protip for OP, pug corpus endless fissures as Nekros, Hydroid, or now pilfer Khora just after server reset. Lots of people playing with their login resource drop boosters at that time. If you get a login resource booster, all to the better. There's usually a pug running on Io Jupiter, which is a very fast clear, well-designed map. Another thing to watch out for is when Hydron goes Corpus, great Oxium farm and always a pug in there of course.

You could have spent 80p on 3 day resource and resource drop boosters instead of 275 on the tatsu, and then farmed up everything you need to build it in 2 hours or less and I'm not exaggerating. Then you could have spent the other 2 days and 22 hours of the boosters racking up fish, gems, ore, mats, toroids, etc.