Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyxs Assimilate absorbing friendly fire damage (Its not supposed to)

Vanilla_nuka

From the wiki: 

• When the Assimilate Augment was first released, it was considered a 'bug' by the developers that friendly fire was no longer absorbed. This bug was fixed in Update 19.13 and friendly fire was again absorbed while Assimilate was equipped. This change resulted in huge community feedback calling for the 'fix' to be undone, as friendly fire would consume Nyx's energy. Responding to community feedback the developers released Hotfix 20.2.3 which reverted Assimilate to its original state of ignoring friendly fire.

Shes not supposed to be able to absorb friendly fire with the assimilate augment equipped. These videos clearly show that she can, and its very easily replicated. the video with the Vauban and the rubico was pretty nice, he was able to take nice chunks of my energy, and his rubico wasnt even fully leveled. From everything that Ive seen, I have not read or seen anything anywhere that this bug with assimilate is intentional, if it is it would be nice to know why. It was annoying before, and its just as annoying now, losing all my energy while trying to tank an enemy because my ally accidentally (or intentionally) shoots me is not fun

I will update with my build shortly

1d7dZXB.jpg

Note: she can not absorb self damage with Assimilate equipped, but she can without it

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
Updates

I doubt it will be, its pretty obvious that since basically no one plays her, its not a priority for  DE. Nevermind the trolling players received before, and now currently, make people want to play her even less. There have been multiple threads made about this, and the fact that psychic bolts slow down ability on infested doesnt work, and not a single reply to any of them as far as I know..

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

Fun times, just got into a fight with the wolf while farming on hydron with a team of 4. Got close to him while in absorb, and attempted to melee him with my crit zaw, and instantly lost all 600 of my enery pool because my team started firing at wolf, guess who absorbed all there friendly fire damage? This guy, guess you who then got downed a second later? This guy

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

On 2019-05-05 at 6:30 PM, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Very well documented thread.  Also, self damage not working is either a clear cut "taking allied damage is a bug" or DBG levels of bad development.  Hope it's the former.

Since there haven't been any patches between Sunday and now, it's safe to assume this is still a problem.

• Like 1

I would also like to point out how the Penta is really glitchy in regard to dealing self damage to Nyx's absorb: even in the video Vanilla posted demonstrating the self damage on Absorb, he was unable to absorb the Penta shots, only the Castanas worked, which is mildly annoying considering I bought the Secura Penta with the fact that I could increase my absorb's damage in mind. (And also to try and make a weapon damage buff build on Nyx)

EDIT: I also tested it on Sancti Castanas, to the same disappointment unfortunately. I was able to get it to work a little more often than the Penta, but that's likely due to having 6 explosives at once instead of 5. Tried it about 20 times only getting it to work 4.

Edited by OVRKL
Update

On 2019-05-08 at 4:44 PM, Kontrollo said:

Also while we're here, is it intentional that I can't backstab enemies that were hit by Pacifying Bots, even if they were not alerted before? You can see here that we need to wait for it to expire:

Hide contents

1QTzkEp.jpg
io1mc72.jpg
j9LFyL4.jpg

Honestly I doubt DE every really put much thought into that, add that to the list of buggyness that is psychic bolts. Doesnt slow infested, occasionally doesnt disable auras, doesnt strip armor if the host has mcdonalds internet, etc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...