Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShaKaL95

Sharpshooter,a great idea,yet unloved

I have been getting this mod from Arbitrations and i had liked how it looked,yet it seems people dislike it because they cannot fit it in their buildmainly for sacrificing damage. If we look at his brother "Target Acquired" and this, it would be clear what a casual sniper would take 

ees Sharpshooter="15 energy per HS kill..hmmm this might be nice"

-sees Target Acquired="60% to headshot multiplier...that is tasty...."

Thing is they both reward skillshooting,but if you cannot kill your target fast enough,your teammate will delete anything near you with his godly shotgun/AR/kitgun/Atterax beybladeframe/Plague Kripath spinny lawnmower or super powerful frame and get nothing to shoot for energy. How about combining those two mods together, so that people pull out those dusty snipers on other ocassions than popping Eidolon limbs eh? And increase the drain to 16 so that power comes at great expense,and thoughtful decision... Or make one utility slot just for snipers,and bring more skill-rewarding mods for us to use.

Nice idea
Besides I am already using Sharpshooter on my Oberon to maintain my energy.
I would prefer the "mod merge".

17 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Nice idea
Besides I am already using Sharpshooter on my Oberon to maintain my energy.
I would prefer the "mod merge".

Later on,after you get a set of Arcane energize, its usefulness starts to fade,a proper merge would help people choose wether to install another elemental or use this.

The "sacrifice damage" part wouldnt be a issue if it wasn't a selfish effect. E.g. if it instead dropped a one of the lesser energy orb that then gave the 15 energy, but all allies too could get it. Thus could be used if one mainly uses the secondary weapon (or when melee returns instead of being stuck with quick attack+, the moments when you might use whatever tool guns you got).

Instead Harrow who is supposed to support has that type of thing going, making any support he might be providing moot/in a team that is can benefit from him only sometimes get anything.

Also if it would work with energize and energy conversion it make them less a rng thing.

2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

The "sacrifice damage" part wouldnt be a issue if it wasn't a selfish effect. E.g. if it instead dropped a one of the lesser energy orb that then gave the 15 energy, but all allies too could get it. Thus could be used if one mainly uses the secondary weapon (or when melee returns instead of being stuck with quick attack+, the moments when you might use whatever tool guns you got).

Instead Harrow who is supposed to support has that type of thing going, making any support he might be providing moot/in a team that is can benefit from him only sometimes get anything.

Also if it would work with energize and energy conversion it make them less a rng thing.

Mmmm yes... i thought that snipers would benefit on energy hungry frames if they had those mods merged,yet your idea is good,if would give energy to other warframes within affinity range woulg give a support-ish theme to it,aaand bring snipers in regular missions too.

4 hours ago, ShaKaL95 said:

Mmmm yes... i thought that snipers would benefit on energy hungry frames if they had those mods merged,yet your idea is good,if would give energy to other warframes within affinity range woulg give a support-ish theme to it,aaand bring snipers in regular missions too.

I didnt mean affinity range energy/harrow effect, just a change so that its "on headshot kill enemy drops at the place where died a additional ""lesser energy orb""", which restores 15 energy", giving the mod both potential increased synergy for ones own build but also at worst helping allies. Also it would make you want to move to the place where the enemy that you killed is to get said benefit/give you the option to delay the energy gain if you are already capped.

It should work on semi-auto rifles as well as snipers. Sniper only is rather limiting.

8 hours ago, ArcKnight9202 said:

It should work on semi-auto rifles as well as snipers. Sniper only is rather limiting.

Yes indeed,making it a general mod rather than sniper specific might also be good

If anyone follows Darthmufin on Youtube, Sharpshooter is really good on a Hushed Snipetron/Vandal for energy sustain with Ivara’s Prowl. Energize still does a better job, but it is what it is.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

If anyone follows Darthmufin on Youtube, Sharpshooter is really good on a Hushed Snipetron/Vandal for energy sustain with Ivara’s Prowl. Energize still does a better job, but it is what it is.

Main ivara here, i personally would not use this at higher levels though,your teammates will surely get your mobs faster than you will,thus sacrificing an elemental mod for this would not pay off,especially that you lose another one by equipping hush. For me as a stealthy player, i  need hush on those stealthy solo missions,and the rest is damage purposed mods. Not killing him from the 1st shot and he will call his friends for aid,I do not like that