Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What rank are you in nightwave now?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Ignoring NW completely and playing the way I normally play.... whatever rank the the wolf sigil is. 

Pretty much me, I have rank 7 atm and I put 0 effort into it, it just passively gets some stuff done while I'm doing my own thing, I pretend it doesnt exist mostly.

Hate the system, HATE the voice actor for Nora and how she says things.

I'm MR 27 and I've loved basically all the sytems so far except Nightwave, and Fishing and Mining. Just asinine systems really.

Edited by TheFinalEpic
  • Like 1

don't remember the ranking, I think I got wolf's salute thing and that is about it.  At the time being, I am just annoyed about the ranking system and scratching my head why they don't want to let the umbra forma out more than what it is now I mean forma umbra just should be for anyone to get soon and not late.

13 minutes ago, TheFinalEpic said:

Pretty much me, I have rank 7 atm and I put 0 effort into it, it just passively gets some stuff done while I'm doing my own thing, I pretend it doesnt exist mostly.

Hate the system, HATE the voice actor for Nora and how she says things.

I'm MR 27 and I've loved basically all the sytems so far except Nightwave, and Fishing and Mining. Just asinine systems really.

I agree man. Right there with you. I'm not a fan either. On top of all that it's bugy as S#&$. I think it just sucks.

That said if I mean IF there was at least soome kinda lore to why we are supposed to do these mindless chores..then..I probably, may have been more active in achieving max rank. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

Yes well .. after 30 it just .. err stopped being rewarding.. 15 useless wolf credits.. I still did all the NW alerts apart from the ones "with a friend or clanmate".  Mainly for something to do.. rank 43 atm but stopped caring at 31... would have been a lot more if DE had made the rewards after 30, Kuva, Endo, Forma, something useful..

Edited by Madas007

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I agree man. Right there with you. I'm not a fan either. On top of all that it's bugy as S#&$. I think it just sucks.

That said if I mean IF there was at least soome kinda lore to why we are supposed to do these mindless chores..then..I probably, may have been more active in achieving max rank. 

What's buggy about it? Have you sent in a bug report to see it fixed? And, uh... have you actually listened to Nora's transmissions? She's explaining the reasoning for Nightwave's rewards and its structure repeatedly. As for mindless chores - do you get angry when you play the game, too? This is Warframe, this is a grind-F2P, eh?

• Like 1

Unlike a lot of people here, I really enjoyed Nightwave (Minus some specific challenges...). It gave me something to concentrate on while playing. Unfortunately, the reverse was true. I don't want anything from the nightwave store, so Wolf Creds are basically worthless to me. So, getting Wolf Ranks is pointless for me. And, so, ironically, I've found myself playing WF less over the past few days not because I was burnt out on Nightwave, but because there isn't any Nightwave for me.

Also I'm getting into TF2 so that's not helping.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

What's buggy about it?

Doing S#&$ with a friend not giving standing ever, since it started. 

have you actually listened to Nora's transmissions

Ofc, but that doesn't explain why I need to waste 3 forma or why I need to kill a 150 enemies with toxin damage or why am I catching fish, or why am I mining gems or why do I have to do S#&$ "with a friend".... There's no lore behind why we do the chores we're supposed to be doing in nightwave 0.

As for mindless chores - do you get angry when you play the game, too?

No because I play generally 1-2 hours maybe every other day, I enjoy arbitration, ESO and sorties with friends and clan mates. I also enjoy helping newbs. So no I wouldn't call the way I play mindless. And yes some of that NW bs is just stand at X for X time = mindless. 

Playing the game normally the way I play  it has only got me to rank 13. 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

And yes some of that stuff is just stand at X for X time = mindless. 

arbitration
ESO

I wouldn't call the way I play mindless.

You're saying that two repetitive endless modes are not mindless, but things like "play some Nightmare missions!" or "Find some Ayatans!" or "Do some bounties!" are. At that point we're looking at things rather differently. Nightwave is giving you impetus to partake in all of the proffered content, and it is even allowing/offering you to cleverly combine these things.

"Do 3x Exterm!"
"Do 3x Nightmare!"
"Kill 30 Eximus!"
"Get 150 sidearm kills!"
"Do an Exterm at lvl 30++ without being detected!"

You can combine many of these tasks into a single run. On the way, you collect mods you might already have but your newfriends will greatly appreciate. You can also show your skills with multiple added on challenges. It seems like it's very much about personal predisposition and perception. I for one enjoyed the directions Nightwave nudged me into, making me touch things I haven't played in a long time, and making me pick up new skills, such as learning all the different cache locations on Earth, or arranging and corralling a competent Eidolon team out of people that had little experience with Tridolons before. Different, alternative loadouts, weapons I normally don't use - it's a great reason to touch all these things, and along the way, I got cool swag.

15 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

Do 3x Exterm!"
"Kill 30 Eximus!"
"Get 150 sidearm kills!"
"Do an Exterm at lvl 30++ without being detected!"

Like I said I'm rank 13. Most of these can be done during Sorties while ignoring NW completely. 

You're saying that two repetitive endless modes are not mindless,

I wouldn't call them mindless cuz I find them fun. Although they both still need tweaks. 

Nightmare

I've already played all the nightmare missions and received all rewards for them, I don't want to play them again. Been there done that got the t-shirts. 

It seems like it's very much about personal predisposition and perception.

And there you have the difference between me and you. 

I've done it all seen all have it all forma'd it all. I have no urge to do it again, which is essentially what nightwait is.

I want Lore, and fresh content. Something else for me to master. NW is a joke.