Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My clan is dying I need help to bring it back to life.

WonderWhooves

Question

I have a clan of 224 members. Currently, 167 are inactive players. I've had this clan for over 2 years and steadily over time it's declined in activity and interest. Chat is always empty, donations are nonexistent, and the discord server is toxic. I want to create a new server and a positive community of active players that help each other and the clan. Please if you can, give me some tips or any info I can have to help my clan. Thank you. ❤️

9 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Indoril_Elfingrad said:

So, I'm not very experienced with clans. I'm still the only member of mine. normally, this many inactive members would be kicked after a certain amount of time. Toxicity isn't really something we can change.

I'm sorry if I wasn't much help. 

Alright, I'll let go of the inactive players. Should I do 30 days before being kicked?

I'm so sorry about your clan but you can still revive it tho.
• Remove the inactive members. If you have contact to these people outside the game (like discord or social media), ask them if they still plan on returning if you don't wanna be too harsh on removal. If that seems too much work but you still wanna be on the softer side of mass removal, then remove anyone that is 30+ days inactive.
• Start recruiting again. You can spend more time in recruit chat advertising your clan (write your message in notepad or something then copy paste the message in the game chat every few minutes), actively seek out "clanless" players and invite them to your clan, post in the forum's recruitment section https://forums.warframe.com/forum/85-recruitment/), join warframe groups and advertise you clan there. Those are some ideas you can do to grow your clan quickly.
• You said the discord server has become toxic. May I suggest creating a new server for your renewed clan and only invite the remaining active members in it. Think of it as a fresh new start for your clan's discord server.

And you might wanna consider downgrading the clan tier if you're having trouble with the research costs 😕
I hope this helps. Good luck, tenno!

29 minutes ago, WonderWhooves said:

give me some tips or any info I can have to help my clan.

My clan is a lot smaller than yours (30 people at the time). I had most of them go inactive (about 80%), These were people that had not been on for more than a month. So I just put a message in the clan MOTD and Discord saying: “everyone that has not logged on in the next 14 days will be kicked”. Of course, people with sensible reasons to not were left in the clan. It let me prune it from 30 members to eight, allowing for a downsizing (and Hema research!). That got a few more people to play occasionally. 

To fix a lack lack of donations you need active people. I also find adding what I want donations for to the clan MOTD helps. 

I list (brackets are used to seperate parts of information):

1. What the item is
  2. (how many we have/how many we need)
  3. [What lab/room to find it in]
  4. If you are doing pigments add what enemies drop them and where you like to farm them.

I have found that adding all of that into the MOTD and occasionally pictures of research to the Discord did improve donations from active people.

To get rid of toxicity make some rules. Let people know what they are and what the punishments could be. Muting, removal etc. that won’t completely solve the problem, but if you start kicking the toxic people it gets better.

• Edit: In my clan at least, there used to be a reasonable amount of toxic behavior. This was the result of one person though. No one else really liked them as they were reasonably rude and not sensible. Once this person was removed there was no more toxicity. Still arguments and disagreements, but that is to be expected.
Edited by krc473
Added a point on toxicity
  • Like 2

You first need to decide what kind of clan you want to run. 

You also need to have some reason for the members to participate,

do you have Ocassional clan events? 

Does the dojo look cool? 

Are you into helping new players? 

Regular activities around whatever you build the clan in the first place for should help with activity. 

Also there really isn't much for most players to actually play in a fun way, so inactivity is expected sooner or later, 30% active player count is acceptable I believe.

Toxic behavior should not be tolerated and irrespective of the person being active contributors or not should be removed or at least given a warning. 

First off just want to say if you have "toxic" players...boot them.  A little about my history I started decorating a friends dojo, then moved to a mr 20+ only clan RV (featured dojo.)  I decided to finally build my own dojo and was in yr shoes.  I simply gave the dojo to somebody else and started over.  Deleted the discord server and cleaned out my friends list.  It felt bad at the time but I do not regret doing it at all. The reason why is my new discord server is 100% better than the old one, my dojo layout/decorations are 100% better than the old one.  Even the clan emblem and name is better.  Yes it took about a month to redo this, but it was well worth the time and effort.  Some members of the old dojo joined the new one, I have no grudges against anyone, it was a personal decision that worked out better for everybody.  In fact, the warlord of my old clan did my new clan emblem :' / Something to think about.