Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vaulted relics in the void is causing me to burn out.

I have a life. Many of us do. Nightwave felt like a job over the past couple months. And I am feeling burned out because of this. Got to level 30, and now have no reason (Or will), to complete any missions beyond that.

Now I and many others where looking really up to finally acquiring Loki and Volt prime. However it seems, that that wont happen. because for some unknown reason, it was decided that the only place where we will be able to acquire them will be in the void. (This was different form last time void + bounties.) For many of us, this is just not fun. 

Some of you will say: "bUy WiTh PlAtInUm!!#!#" 
Well firstly, for some of us, acquiring our own frames is what makes the game fun to play. 
Secondly, many of us have a life beyond Warframe or want to play other games from time to time. 

Doing void missions for hours on end is only making us feeling burned out further. Warframe is not a job, it should never be that. 

I think the solution to this would be to put both of these relics in the Void and in Fortuna, while putting non-vaulted relics in Cetus. (Or the other way arround, you could also have it cycled between Cetus and Fortuna. Then everybody will be happy. Those that love to spend hours a day in the void can go grind there. And those of us who want to play casually and with more variation when they play, can do bounties.

8 minutes ago, Piercing_Rounds said:

Doing void missions for hours on end is only making us feeling burned out further. Warframe is not a job, it should never be that. 

7 minutes ago, Piercing_Rounds said:

And those of us who want to play casually

If your spending hours on end playing this game you're not really a Casual player. Aside from that the vault is open till July... that two months away. I expect to get a full set just by doing ducat runs. I've said it about nightwave and I'll say it here. They don't want you to do everything in one day. Spread it out and have fun.

Void only Vaults is how it was done waaaaaaaaay back when no PoE and Fortuna for easy relics, I guess they wanna keep it difficult somewhat but when they have an option to place in PoE and Fortuna they should give us the option.

No I want Loki and Volt prime because I don't have those frames myself. I have a life and limited time to play, because of university and a social life that comes with it. You might enjoy playing Void missions for hours a day. Many of us however do not

• Like 3

It's a f2p game.  If everything was easy or even reasonable than no one would buy plat.  No one would buy prime packs.  They would just farm everything and sell for plat.  I'm sure DE has a research team that figures out the best balance between player retention and prime acceccibility.  Some may not like it but it is the way it is for a reason.

• Like 1

hace 14 minutos, Piercing_Rounds dijo:

No I want Loki and Volt prime because I don't have those frames myself. I have a life and limited time to play, because of university and a social life that comes with it. You might enjoy playing Void missions for hours a day. Many of us however do not

u know, the prime unvault just started... if u say u are a casual player and dont have much time then why the hurry? get a decent 1 hour farm routine or something and thats it, the only one on fault for u burning out is you 

1 hour ago, Piercing_Rounds said:

I have a life and limited time to play, because of university and a social life that comes with it.

So does literally almost everyone else, whether it be school or work. This is a moot point. Your personal life should not dictate how DE decides to design their game and especially not when it comes to where they place rewards.

You might try learning some discipline to pace yourself so that you can prevent yourself from burning out. The vault is open for a few months, so there is no need to burn yourself out only after a few days of it being released. Try managing your time with the game better so that you are relaxing, doing the things you enjoy doing, and occasionally commit some time to farming relics.

• Like 1

Your reasoning behind not buying with platinum makes no sense.  Getting the frame on your own is fun and having a life are not valid reasons to not buy them.  If anything there reasons to buy them.  Not having fun and your glamorous life getting in the way?  Buy them and stop worrying about it.  Sorry but every time someone doesn't like something the "I have a life" topic gets made.  It's a F2P built around grinding.  Either grind, pay or play something else.

• Like 3

I don't understand why they didn't put the unvaulted relics in Bounty rewards this time, IMO that system worked just fine. I mean sure the drop chances were much better than in the Void but it was balanced out by having only one relic of each era available at a time.

4 hours ago, Piercing_Rounds said:

I travel for a living, have a gf, play intramural sports and I was still able to farm them in 2 days.  Please refrain from using the full social life with a career excuse, it's all down to time management and priorities.

Then buy the vault packs.

You said casually play, and limited time, yet you're clearly playing way more than most do already.. Many have not even reached rank 20 in Night wave. 

The primes will be unvaulted for awhile, there's no rush.. 

vor 33 Minuten schrieb (XB1)RevenantRequiem:

Then buy the vault packs.

Doesnt help when you want to farm sets for friends in a clan who started to play and dont have the sets yet. no need to pay 120€ or so to get three sets.

@[DE]Helen @[DE]Rebecca I apologize very very much if it was inappropriate to tag you two dear DE Staff Members, but many of us really have trouble farming the Relics from the Void when the RNG is so random and gives us rarely the relic, especially worse in Axi L4 like it was with Axi S3, when we try to farm for relics or when trying to get something from Ukko Void Capture Ukko where they can give out Meso or Neo, you have a bigger issue to get one of those Meso O3 or Neo V8, with Lith O2 its atleast easier since you can only get Lith Relics in Hepit Void Capture but in bounties we had atleast a chance to get other good stuff or the wanted Relic.

Can't we have the Relics in Bounties and Void unvault or since Equinox Prime came out around almost a month ago have them switch each time when the Bounties refresh from Volt and Loki Relics to Equinox Relics and then when they refresh again, back to Volt and Loki Relics and so on? or have them replace Equinox Prime Relics till the Prime Vault closed?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Zilchy:

You have 3 months to get them in. Don't complain you can't get it on day 1, jesus.

We had the same issue last Summer in 2018 when Rhino and Nyx Vault was out, its tiring to repeat this problem with the Volt and Loki Vault.

Edited by xMarvin732

I have a life. Many of us do. Nightwave felt like a job over the past couple months. And I am feeling burned out because of this. Got to level 30, and now have no reason (Or will), to complete any missions beyond that.

Now I and many others where looking really up to finally acquiring Loki and Volt prime. However it seems, that that wont happen. because for some unknown reason, it was decided that the only place where we will be able to acquire them will be in the void. (This was different form last time void + bounties.) For many of us, this is just not fun. 

Well firstly, for some of us, acquiring our own frames is what makes the game fun to play. 
Secondly, many of us have a life beyond Warframe or want to play other games from time to time. 

I think the solution to this would be to put both of these relics in the Void and in Fortuna, while putting non-vaulted relics in Cetus. (Or the other way arround, you could also have it cycled between Cetus and Fortuna. Then everybody will be happy. Those that love to spend hours a day in the void can go grind there. And those of us who want to play casually and with more variation when they play, can do bounties.

While I agree than putting a drop in just one place can feel boring, I can't really see the burn out being a problem since no one is making you spend time in there. You mentioned "the fun" of the game is to acquire said frames...well to get them you need to spend time. Time can be a valuable (and finite) resource to have but you have an advantage...it's YOURS and you can choose to spend it how you like it. For some of us it's to play the game and that includes grinding, farming, etc .

Tl,Dr: no one is making you spend time but yourself

This being burn out phrase is being thrown around a lot lately by those who choose to grind when a lot of time is on their hands. Do it in healthy doses or trade for it, there is a lot of options provided in this game. Be smart.

5 hours ago, Piercing_Rounds said:

Doing void missions for hours on end is only making us feeling burned out further.

welcome to the Old Void experience! this is the old Void that so many veterans look at through rose-tinted glasses and insist is "better" than the Relic System. not that great really, is it?

but I digress, you should just take your time, you will get these primes eventually, even if it takes until after the unvaulting. a little trade here, a bit of relic farming there.. you have ages to go before they get vaulted again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Piercing_Rounds said:

Am I the only one that sees the contradiction in these two paragraphs?

Some of us do have fun acquiring frames in game, but we dont follow up by saying the very next paragraph how much were not enjoying farming frames in game. 

Can anybody give actual arguments as to why it is a great thing for us tennos to be forced to grind into the void with terrible drop chances. 
It's boooooring. It bores me. I have seen enough of VOR. 

Just because "It used to be this way!" Does not mean that it is acceptable to go back.
The Deffinition of progress = the development towards an improved or more advanced condition.
You know minorities like me used to be treated as second class citizens. Going back to that, means losing progress. 
Progress does not exist if we keep going back to what used to be a problem to many of us.

You know what I really think. The people who dislike the very idea of having more options for getting relics are just afraid of losing platinum, because they want 
newer players & players who don't have as much time, to pay them more platinum 

Christmas will arrive soon, think about the Christmas spirit. Think about what Santa would do. He would do what is right and not force us players to be babysit Captain VOR