Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 16 - Accepted Items!

16 hours ago, TheRetrobution said:

Well would you look at that, no Excalibur skin for people to get angry about, just wait before Nyx gets complained about with all the skins shes getting in.

Nyx is basically female Excalibur so... eh. 

P.S. I wonder when Tennogen 16 go live.

Edited by ShadowTony
P.S.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Robby_Bevard said:

Was really hoping for some Baruuk love, he desperately needs a new helmet.    ANd I love the Blade of the Lotus line but he's got like 5 frame and multiple syandanas  on the pipe now that haven't gone through yet.....

Pretty sure the recent Warframes lack popularity because they can be a bit annoying to get. Hyldrin, Baruuk, Garuda and Revenant are all frames which require, nay forces you to play and farm the Open World areas. Granted its neither here nor there to discuss if its 'too hard' or not but it doesn't change the fact recent Frames, as cool as their designs might be, have less usage and popularity so older more accesible Warframes are more likely to get Tennogen content. There is also the fact they aren't added to the Tennogen tool right away and lack a wider pool of pre-existing helmets and skins to see what they do have and don't have which fit their theme.

So overall not surprising poor manbun Baruuk isn't a high priority in the eyes of the people working on Tennogen content.

A lot of people seem to be questioning on why certain items were not accepted, and while there was already an explanation given to some of these, there's another one for some.

Specifically some pieces like the ION Cloak or Corpa* Operator Cosmetics weren't updated recently for this round, which is easy to see by simply going to the Workshop submission and checking the notes under the thumbnail. If something was uploaded before or not updated within the time span between the previous and new round, it's not going to be accepted sadly.

• Like 2

Does anyone know why it can take weeks or in some cases even months to release Tennogen waves, even when DE show them off in-game in Devstreams looking pretty much ready to be released alongside or even a little before the forum announcement? I'm not complaining or anything, I assume DE must have something they have to sort out first but I'm just really curious to know what that is, because other than the Hydroid helmet lacking gravity for it's tentacles in their Devstream showoff I can't think of anything. 😐

• Like 1

On 2019-05-03 at 6:42 PM, Zahnny said:

The problem most people have with Tennogen is that nobody at DE has any open dialogue with the Tennogen program anymore. The Q&A thread that is still currently PINNED might I add, has gone without a reply from any member of DE for nearly a year. I tried bringing this up with Taylor and other members of DE but essentially got shut down or was given a generic message that didn't even pretend to acknowledge my questions.

If DE want to cut ties with its fanbase over Tennogen that's fine, but DE has left it open ended and ambigious by continuing to have a pinned thread up despite DE's refusal to use the thread. It's straight up negligance and I take offense over the thread being pinned when it no longer has a purpose. I'll use a word that I learned from Warframe, Derelict. That's what the thread has become. People still go in and explore this abandoned thread and ask questions but the owners are long gone.

If I'm sounding upset it's because I am. I have tried patiently to ask each time and I'm met with silence. I've been trying to wrestle an answer out of DE over if Operator suit Tennogen has been scrapped and it feels like I've been ranting at the sky. There's a time and a place for patience but DE have shown me it isn't here.

I'm not a Tennogen creator, and I don't think I ever will be. But I've tried my best to support Tennogen since the steam workshop opened for it. It feels reflective of other aspects of the game, Tennogen no longer feels like a passion project for DE, just a money grab and I hate to say anything in Warframe is that, but what else can I call it? Dialogue is null, we only hear Tennogen when a new frame is added or a round is released/announced and worst of all, we have no real way of knowing what DE deems as acceptable. That border is a gray fuzzy line and I know it must take its toll on Tennogen creators who can't ask for feedback until a round has been overviewed. These rules feel more like favouritism. and it's upsetting.

I can agree wholeheartedly that most of the TennoGen stipulations for things being accepted are either known, known but not addressed, or just completely unknown unless your a creator being informed of the problem, and it really makes things annoying and tricky. People yelling about Jotunheim not being accepted and DE giving the reason "Well there was something we didn't feel like it belonged, but we wont say" just makes it more of a out of control fire, where I can already assume the reason behind it(I personally think its the head being way too big). They are being vague for a reason, and I definitely feel like it should stay that way, but they aren't helping when it comes down to the lack of a real answer.

Hopefully Rahetalius reawakens from his Forma addiction to "convince" DE that there are other things they should eventually get to understanding/fixing.

• Like 4

This skin again gets no approval https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552756160 And this is heartbreaking how long this guy polishes this skin (don't look at the posting date, it was readded), how flawless it looks and it is still neglected. I can't imaging how demotivating it should be.

08B5D02008DED96DF23A9708791001813B5A87B7

We need a diversity of styles in the game, not the same authors be pushed every time

Edited by texrei
  • Like 4

Il y a 10 heures, Diavoros a dit :

There are many GREAT TGs that have not been accepted yet
Nova Mythra
B8D1D8B63F2AB5C57E180F9A4FBE3716538102A7

I haven't done the change they asked for this one yet, so it had no chances to be added. It will probably be ready for next round.

• Like 3

On 2019-05-05 at 1:24 AM, zephyrbutt said:

Does anyone know why it can take weeks or in some cases even months to release Tennogen waves, even when DE show them off in-game in Devstreams looking pretty much ready to be released alongside or even a little before the forum announcement? I'm not complaining or anything, I assume DE must have something they have to sort out first but I'm just really curious to know what that is, because other than the Hydroid helmet lacking gravity for it's tentacles in their Devstream showoff I can't think of anything. 😐

The test rooms you see are just a very basic set-up for showcasing purposes -- Skyers managed to add some basic rigging to make them look extra fancy, but it takes a lot of work from the team to rig them properly and test them to make sure they look great when in-use. 

On 2019-05-05 at 3:50 AM, texrei said:

This skin again gets no approval https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1552756160 And this is heartbreaking how long this guy polishes this skin (don't look at the posting date, it was readded), how flawless it looks and it is still neglected. I can't imaging how demotivating it should be.

08B5D02008DED96DF23A9708791001813B5A87B7

We need a diversity of styles in the game, not the same authors be pushed every time

If you see a lot of the same authors getting accepted, it is because they have learned the technical and stylistic requirements -- we do our best to communicate those requirements in our guides, but it's definitely a bit of a learning curve for new creators, especially if they are just mastering their craft.

We've worked with Erneix quite a bit on this skin, and they'll be getting follow-up feedback. It's a shame we couldn't accept it, but there are good reasons for why pieces don't get in, and we do our best to help creators push their pieces over the finish line with two rounds of feedback per round. 🙂

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

The test rooms you see are just a very basic set-up for showcasing purposes -- Skyers managed to add some basic rigging to make them look extra fancy, but it takes a lot of work from the team to rig them properly and test them to make sure they look great when in-use. 

Oh well that's good to know then, thank you for the response! 🙂

EDIT: Not trying to be a kissa** but you should give Skyers a pat on the back then, because damn that looked convincing to me!

Edited by zephyrbutt

More operator fashion?

Eyes roll further into skull.

But like who actually wants operator fashion in 2019. You see the little kids for all of the 1 second it takes to pop the Zenurik dash, then never again. 

Now, I’m not sure on this, but I would almost swear that all the recent tennogen waves that have had operator fashion have had fewer other items (skins, syandanas, etc.). Which is kind of a bummer. The old tennogen waves were so much better when it was just dumping like 12 skins at a time.

i’d love to see statistics on purchase rates. It’d help content creators as well, as they could at least see what concepts the populace enjoys more rather than spending many hours making something that even if picked up by DE won’t be purchased by hardly anyone.

Long rant short, Operator fashion is dead. I’d much rather prefer tennogen sets with other stuff instead.

3 hours ago, zephyrbutt said:

Oh well that's good to know then, thank you for the response! 🙂

EDIT: Not trying to be a kissa** but you should give Skyers a pat on the back then, because damn that looked convincing to me!

To clarify what Taylor said, Tennogen skins usually have two different components: 1) A pack of new textures. 2) A new helmet.

Adding new textures to an existing warframe is a piece of cake. Because the artist who made that skin already took care of most of the really difficult stuff, which is coming up with the concept and creating the textures. The rest is just replacing files and potentially making some minor adjustments. (Keep in mind that one of the reasons why DE has guidelines for Tennogen is to ensure the art team won't need to spend an excessive amount of time adjusting and fixing these skins).

However, dealing with new 3D helmets is a different story because many of these helmets have parts that need to be animated. The process of animating a 3D model usually requires you to create a skeleton for that model (this is called "rigging" the model). And rigging models takes a lot longer then replacing textures.

So even though the texture work is probably all done at this point and the skins look pretty good, the work on the helmets needs to be finished before everything can be released.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Venatorio said:

i’d love to see statistics on purchase rates. It’d help content creators as well, as they could at least see what concepts the populace enjoys more rather than spending many hours making something that even if picked up by DE won’t be purchased by hardly anyone.

I'm sure the TennoGen creators have access to those data, since they get compensated for each purchase. I don't see why it should be public information.

On 2019-05-05 at 7:24 AM, lukinu_u said:

I haven't done the change they asked for this one yet, so it had no chances to be added. It will probably be ready for next round.

I hope it isn't anything major that needs changes. I love the current helmet. In all honesty, I've been specifically waiting for Nova Mithra as I don't really enjoy her default look and none of the other skins have caught my eye like Mithra has. Good luck getting it in next round though!

1 hour ago, Amazerath said:

To clarify what Taylor said, Tennogen skins usually have two different components: 1) A pack of new textures. 2) A new helmet.

Adding new textures to an existing warframe is a piece of cake. Because the artist who made that skin already took care of most of the really difficult stuff, which is coming up with the concept and creating the textures. The rest is just replacing files and potentially making some minor adjustments. (Keep in mind that one of the reasons why DE has guidelines for Tennogen is to ensure the art team won't need to spend an excessive amount of time adjusting and fixing these skins).

However, dealing with new 3D helmets is a different story because many of these helmets have parts that need to be animated. The process of animating a 3D model usually requires you to create a skeleton for that model (this is called "rigging" the model). And rigging models takes a lot longer then replacing textures.

So even though the texture work is probably all done at this point and the skins look pretty good, the work on the helmets needs to be finished before everything can be released.

Thank you for clarifying further, always good to learn this stuff!

This is are questions for [DE]Taylorif you happen to read this please answer, now that Khora have a skin it is possible for Venari to have a tennogen skin as well? I mean it came with Khora, both sharing the same style would be pretty neat actually, I still wonder why her mesh was not released at the same time with Khora, now my second question is, if that happen and lukinu_u decide to create a Mithra skin for Venary to complement her Khora skin, it will come on the same package or will be sold separately?

thanks.

• Like 2