Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase Camera Distance?

_HUE

The camera is too close to the warframe, primarily on PC with other games having fov influence camera distance more heavily. I don't think fov is the problem, just the distance of the warframe to the camera, especially with bigger frames e.g. Chroma, Rhino aka BIG BOIS. Lets not forget about ADS either, way too zoomed in for how massive Rhino and the like are. I want to play this game but its too tiring due to everything feeling close and everything moving soo fast. It's to the same effect as the fov being too low and causing slight motion sickness and, interfering with visibility making playing through missions less than enjoyable. At least having the option is enough for me, like a slider perhaps? What do you guys think?

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just started playing (again, since around Beta) 2 weeks ago but this was the first thing it hit me that you can't change camera distance and FOV helps only a little bit. After a full day of work in front of the screen, it's even more tiring to play like this.

I guess it is a bit harder to implement because of the camera collision in tight spaces, but it would make wonders.

• Like 1

I'll lend my vote to these threads every time I see them. The game's FOV is fine, but I'd love to have more control over how far my camera is from my character. At the very least, I'd like to be able to pull it back substantially. Either put a slider for it in the options, or do what MMOs have been doing for years - give us camera distance keybinds. Hold a button to move the camera back, hold another button to move the camera forward, record last camera position between instances.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

yes, we need an option to increase fov, and also remove the increased fov effect from volt and mesa and other warframe abilities and give a unique effect to them so we don't have to suffer because of the combination might look fish eye ee to some.

or at the very least let us have some option with camera distance like many mentioned here.

The closeness of the Warframe to the center of the screen is a big problem. My only explanation for why it hasn’t been fixed yet is they must believe changing it would make melee feel awkward, or they just don’t want to take the time necessary to implement a slider. But I mean it wouldn’t even take that big of a adjustment to make a difference. The awkward running animations, especially strafing while hip firing, really needs to be hammered out too. Feels like my frame is tripping over its own feet.

• 1 month later...