[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for watching Devstream #127!

So Khora becomes a flower monster? o.O I don't see how that fits with her theme wise?  😕  Each to their own I suppose. *shrugs*

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

snip

You guys said the new Gas City endless mode will allow you to get faster rewards depending on your performance (how many of those tower defenses you can do at once) and that enemies scale faster than in other endless mode missions. So my two questions are:

1) Is it still an AABCAABC rotation, or is it an ABCCCC like Arbi's?

2) How much faster should we expect enemy levels to scale? Can we get this faster level scaling in Arbi's as well? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

So Khora becomes a flower monster? o.O I don't see how that fits with her theme wise?  😕  Each to their own I suppose. *shrugs*

I think they're going with a "thorned rose" which more fits her spikey/dominatrix theme.

• Like 2

Another new game mode? Here's hoping that somehow it won't end up forgotten like Defections, but...I have my doubts. Sanctuary Onslaught isn't exactly thriving, and Arbitrations have received so much flak recently. It'll probably end up exactly as we expect it to be, which is quite the shame, but those are the lessons that need to be learned, multiple times even. It's clear as day that the community is still in demand of legitimate endgame with great rewards, but that demand is looking less likely to be fulfilled as the months pass.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sekan said:

I think they're going with a "thorned rose" which more fits her spikey/dominatrix theme.

In that light I can see that kind of tie in, At any rate I am sure some will enjoy the skin, but I fear I will not be one of them. 

Edited by Vindicta_Necis

Please don't make stats in the market hidden. You have all that empty space and you decide to hide important stuff behind tabs. New ability screen has the same problem. I don't need to look at a diorama, I need to look at stats.

I think you not being able to find stat window is proof enough that it is a bad design.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

Khora's design looks like an two tailed cat girl geisha if I am reading the inspirations correctly. Sorta meshes with how some warframes pull heavily from the work of artists like Brom, but personally I would have respected something more martial. Her normal theme is African Tribal beast master so this is something of a step down but fits what some folk already think of anything with a whip based move.

• Satisfied 1

Watching the repeat right now, just got home... Got to the new UI stuff, and i have to say i don't like the market as much, i mean i do, it looks slick, but i'd rather you had more info displayed on the top near the requirements... I'd have a field for Crafted/Mastered (show either or) next to the requirements, so that it's easier for people to see what they have or haven't mastered or crafted.
Also the Tab for stats isn't a great option.

Love the Syndicates and the Relics tab (although vaulted needs to be showing).

Posted (edited)

Literally losing 1 hour of our time and dev time, no useful info nor details that impact in a meaningful way the day to day unless fashion frame is the endgame target. 

The ui changes looked like a last minute thing ( even they didn't know how to see the stats) not to mention the actual system is better because the stats of the things are big and in the middle of the screen.

New game mode that well it will go the way of the other 2 that rarely see any action ... anyone remembers  Rush ,Pursuit  or Infested Salvage  (poor souls that need to farm frames i'm sorry for you). I wonder where wisp will drop hmmmm oh i know maybe it will be a type of defense mission with the twist of having nightmare modifiers randomly take effect.

Wisp weapon looks cool but seeing how it was having trouble with lev 30-45 (ish?) doubtful of it's real impact in the used weapons category.<- That or actually not modded.

No word on mele changes , nothing about the wolf 3 trillion hp (a lot more than some assassination sorties) , 0 details about arbitration... guess the list of forgotten will increase until they actually need to drop in another frame and don't know where. 

The "new alert system" aka the "to do list" just got less grindy , guess that's good. 

Edited by kaotis
Defection... forgot it existed mb
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, kaotis said:

-snip-

Wisp weapon looks cool but seeing how it was having trouble with lev 30-45 (ish?) doubtful of it's real impact in the used weapons category.<- That or actually not modded.

-snip-

Rebecca did say she did not mod the weapon.

sadly i didn't get the drop even tho i watch it from start to finish X.x

Posted (edited)
hace 7 minutos, Sekan dijo:

Rebecca did say she did not mod the weapon.

47:43  -ish steve asks " did you mod that gun?" she replies : " I did"  

Edited by kaotis

2 minutes ago, kaotis said:

47:43  -ish steve asks " did you mod that gun?" she replies : " I did"  

Oh i heard that as "I Didnt" But was hard to tell with everything going on.

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

Increasing the drop rates isn't enough. Every single ephemera in the game should be changed to a "merit-based" instead of "luck-based" drop.

She mentioned the future ephemeras will be released in the arbitration method over luck.

hace 22 minutos, Warhydra dijo:

She mentioned the future ephemeras will be released in the arbitration method over luck.

the merit of having RNG gods on your side! or friends 🙂

13 minutes ago, kaotis said:

the merit of having RNG gods on your side! or friends 🙂

I assume she meant they will now be acquired via vendors. (like the blood body one) So no RNG involved. 

I followed you during IT class but they didn't notice me! HAHahaha,you're the best!

My suggestion on weapon preview UI

1 hour ago, Warhydra said:

ALL of them should be guaranteed rewards, if they're intended to be "badges of honor".

• Like 1

I admit I'm rather disappointed to see a lack of changes made to Wisp or acknowledgement of why people are upset about her kit. They seam to have added some nice effects to her 2 but her 1,3, and 4 all still feel very lacking as well as the over all theme of the frame feeling like a bit of a let down for an otherwise incredible design.

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

ALL of them should be guaranteed rewards, if they're intended to be "badges of honor".

well, yeah I agree. I am just relaying information.

• Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)

About an hour and a minute in you mentioned a melee-related video that wasn't brought to the stream but could be posted on Twitter later - any follow up on this?

Edited by Gene_Freak

DE still doesn't understand interface design !!  The coming udpates just add to the issue and make things worse.  Splitting and hiding the collective information for an item being viewed, where previously (or currently depending on the changes or not) information could be seen at a glance -- like reviewing ABILITIES for a frame doesn't work. FIne hide the finformation but also give the option to make the rollovers "sticky or to expand ALL of the information.  The same goes for the MARKET redesign.  Most of the information in the current (as of this commentr) information for an item can be seen colelctively without having to rollover everything on the interface to guess where something is is going to be split off into different components - so the user will end up having t6o roll over essentially everything AND kleep their mouse hovering over the hostpot in order to see only part fo the information. This precedent was set by web designers 10-15 years ago and it was a bad idea then to hide the ientire interface under multiple rollovers and clicks while claiming "fewer clicks" - complete bullS#&amp;&#036;.  Just hides the clutter like sweeping crap in your house under furniture to present the facde that something is "clean".

We won;t even start on Accessibility issues with splitting the interface up like is being done !!

Maintaining an optional "pop up" screen where ALL of the information is available at a glance is significantly more practical than having to rollover multiple items - period. BUT having the option to toggle between which view method the user wants would be better all around.

In the DEMO the presenters couldn't even find the Statistics for the Grakata being used as the example. It was there -- having to Hit the TAB key in order to switch EVEN MORE HIDDEN INFORMATION - makes it that much mroe worse.

WHY and HOW is switching from an ALL-IN-ONE interface where information can be viewed at a glance with a SINGLE CLICK -- Less practical than having to balance hover over part of an item to see a small part of information only to have to add a second hand to the functionality and press TAB after the focused hover to see slightly more information and having to do that multiple times to glean 100% of the information for an item ?

It Makes No Sense.

• Like 2

Wait.. So they replaced her 3? She no longer shoots out energy from her motes, but now just..blinds a couple targets? So she has two blinds, and one damage now?

Posted (edited)

wish they had some info on the rude zuud primary kitguns

Gnatvmg.jpg

Edited by Ozais