Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clans From a Clan Leader’s Perspective

Essephex

I wanted to make this thread as I have felt very passionately about clans since I started playing. I adore my clan and we enjoy playing the game together. The problem is that clans are useless outside research. They have no purpose. While I love my clan, I’m disappointed in the lack of content. It’s great that we can decorate it to high heaven. Then what? Dojos are over glorified hang out spaces. Clans and dojos need more content. Not just decorations. Not just research or events related to clans. The Railjack dry dock is a step in the right direction. We need the dojo to function as a base of operations for clan members. Players should be able to toggle an option to spawn in their dojo by default. Dojos need more rooms.

A hangar like the relays would be great. The players’ custom ships would be displayed. Not all of them, but displayed at random. A prompt at the ships could allow you to board another person’s ship, provided they give permission.

Those familiar with Republic Commandos will remember the spider droid simulation at the beginning. Having a sim room would be great. Could be part of a clan codex.

A clan foundry could replace the research rooms, or at least their mechanics. Research should be a participation thing. The clan collectively runs clan based missions to get resources to research weapons and frames. The There can be clan only quests, where the clan as a whole is a key participant. Kingpin missions could play a role in a clan foundry. Something like this would also cut down on people joining a clan simply for blueprints and leaving. They’d have to participate to get some of the materials. Heck, we could even go the mod route and have clan only mods, acquired in clan missions.

My point is that I love everything that DE is doing. But I would love it even more if after Railjack, the devs start looking at giving clans and dojos actual, practical, functional purpose.

Thoughts? Please keep it civil.

The List

• Clan Foundry

• This would tie in with clan missions and boss hunts. It could allow integration of targeted hunts of Assassins or Nightwave field bosses. Not guaranteed, but upgraded chances.

• A clan foundry would vastly reduce clan ghosting, as players would have to participate in the clan for gear.

• NO MORE BLUEPRINTS. The clan foundry would directly build weaponry and gear, just like the orbiter foundry.
  • Hangar Bay

• Similar to relays, but large enough to prevent orbiters weirdly overlapping. Platforms along sides of orbiter docks, allow full viewing of orbiter exterior.

• 2 to 3 levels.

• Showcases each player’s custom orbiter.

• Console next to each dock would allow players to call up any docked orbiter.

• Players - from settings - can set permissions on their orbiters.

• Allow everyone

• Entry prompt(similar to squad invites)

• No entry allowed

• Players spawn from orbiter in hangar as in relays.

• Clan Buffs Room

• Upgradable to raise buff tiers

• Activation grants all clan members buffs

• Buffs degrade at a rate similar to Kubrows and Kavats and can be refreshed at a small cost

• Unique Barracks

• Honor Hall Customization

• Stone monument customization

• Load out displays through out the hall display player’s load outs

• Displays could be locked on one load out for player recognition

• This would be perfect for Tenno who have passed on. Memorial displays.

• Rework Sparring System

• Bigger rooms

• Any combination of combatants, i.e. 1v1, 1v2, 2v2, so on.

• Unrestricted movement

• Better color customization

• Allow customization of decor

• Implement Standard Scheme

• Similar to “Copy Warframe Colors”, but automatically apply color scheme to decor when spawned

• Research Lab Overhaul

• Researched items are added to the CLAN foundry for production

• Sentient Research Lab

• Duviri Research Lab

• Tenno Zaws and Murderizers

• Clan Quests

• Clan only quests would be stories of your clan in the wider Warframe narrative. These quests could take months to do. Rich in narrative.

• Quest completion would reward clans with Medallions.

• Medallions would be added to both clan and player inventories

• Medallions would be added to player’s Clan Emblem

• This would help showcase the clan’s deeds in the wider narrative

• Clan Economy

• Purpose for clan taxes

• Allowing free trading of resources between players

• Bounty Board

• This would be for clan members to request help

• Could be used for Da Rules

• Propaganda, because why not?

• Resource bounties. Rewards for set amounts.

• Absolute Overhaul of Dojo Construction

• Builder application SEPARATE FROM THE GAME

• Building is far too tedious and practically permanent

• Dojo Builder needs to show height

• Choose where rooms connect. IF you want them to connect. This would put a door at the designated connection.

• General decor should be free to construct.

• New functional decor in the form of player functions. Arsenal, mod inventory, relics, and market.

• Pet kennel

• Robotics storage(Moa kennel)

• New, larger rooms.

• Dojo exterior. Think Landing Craft.

• Airlocks and launch tubes. Ability to exit the dojo into space. In either low gravity ground movement or Archwing.

• Relocatable Dojo. I see the Dojo as a massive void cloaked mobile base.
  • Member Recognition

• Allow high ranking members to give awards of recognition to members.

• Allow these awards to be custom. “Achiever If Way Too Much Alloy”

• Players can set whether or not other players can view these awards

Edited by Essephex
  • Like 1

Imo the whole dojo system need a revamp. So I'm with you on all that.

Clan missions can be good, but there are some problems regarding small clans. Like my own for example. There are like 3 active people, and one of those is mostly semi-active.

2 people clan can't do much in terms of complicated/hard missions on theirs own. And we don't plan on recruiting cause the clan was ment to be friends-only to begin with. And if you make those mission easy enough it will be just another thing to blaze through in about minutes, I can probably provide all the resources by myself just like regular ones now.

It's the problem of most online games I've being playing lately. Everywhere clan/guild is mostly a tag and/or giant storage and nothing more.

27 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

Imo the whole dojo system need a revamp. So I'm with you on all that.

Clan missions can be good, but there are some problems regarding small clans. Like my own for example. There are like 3 active people, and one of those is mostly semi-active.

2 people clan can't do much in terms of complicated/hard missions on theirs own. And we don't plan on recruiting cause the clan was ment to be friends-only to begin with. And if you make those mission easy enough it will be just another thing to blaze through in about minutes, I can probably provide all the resources by myself just like regular ones now.

It's the problem of most online games I've being playing lately. Everywhere clan/guild is mostly a tag and/or giant storage and nothing more.

That’s another thing. This also has to do with the economy of the game. I see no reason to make every decoration in the dojo cost resources. My clan is like your’s. Small, 3 active tops. Even with that it would take us forever to decorate a dojo. Much less fund the Hema or the Archwings. The decorations should allow full creative freedom. It shouldn’t be a chore. If a decoration or a room adds functionality, then I believe it should come at a cost.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I would like more facilities in the dojo so we don't have to always go back to the orbiter. I like how guild wars 2 did their guild participation. There's quest the master can set up so as many members can do for more guild related stuff.

I had a similar discussion on reddit. Clans and dojos are both an extension and an addition to the single player experience. Player related functions - the orbiter segments - should be functional decor in the dojo. That would allow you to have your arsenals and inventories hidden in mountain caves or in a Darth Vader stasis chamber. Dojos should become your home when you join a clan. Playing solo? Orbiter. Tearing through levels with the clan? Dojo.

Side note: If anyone has suggestions, I could start a list in the original post. It’ll take me some time.

Только что, Essephex сказал:

Even with that it would take us forever to decorate a dojo. Much less fund the Hema or the Archwings.

This comes to another thing. And that thing is called "time played". I started the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. About 1.8k hours of just in mission time, adding all those hanging out in dojo/ship/whatever time gives nearly 2.8k hours. So you can imagine that for me decorations cost is not an issue but the way to somehow spend those resources.

That said I remember when we just started all that nonsense and the dojo was barren as desert, cause I'd be damned if I spend orokin cell on a fish pool instead of a new weapon/forma. And ofc we worked our bottoms off to make those researches happen. So I would be inclined to agree with the idea of more cheap decorations or those being built with something that is not required for useful stuff, which will make all this busyness actually new player friendly. Either new resource from those clan missions or allow us to use tens of thousands of fieldron samples/detonite ampules that drops like dirt from both missions and titan extractors. Even new players are not using them cause doing invasions is way more lucrative in terms of acquiring full fieldrons/injectors for those blueprints.

4 minutes ago, Darth_Predator said:

This comes to another thing. And that thing is called "time played". I started the game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. About 1.8k hours of just in mission time, adding all those hanging out in dojo/ship/whatever time gives nearly 2.8k hours. So you can imagine that for me decorations cost is not an issue but the way to somehow spend those resources.

That said I remember when we just started all that nonsense and the dojo was barren as desert, cause I'd be damned if I spend orokin cell on a fish pool instead of a new weapon/forma. And ofc we worked our bottoms off to make those researches happen. So I would be inclined to agree with the idea of more cheap decorations or those being built with something that is not required for useful stuff, which will make all this busyness actually new player friendly. Either new resource from those clan missions or allow us to use tens of thousands of fieldron samples/detonite ampules that drops like dirt from both missions and titan extractors. Even new players are not using them cause doing invasions is way more lucrative in terms of acquiring full fieldrons/injectors for those blueprints.

Precisely. Resource dumps are fine. In fact, it would be nice to have a resource converter. Nothing game breaking, just something to dump tens of thousands of unused resources into and get something out of it. Use mass resources for Railjack repair. Something.

I concur. I’ll give my feedback in point form. 

• Foundry room in the Dojo.

• Orbiter Docks room and showcase random ships from clan members. Tenno can spawn just like in relays with the cut scene.

• Special clan buffs room. Upgradeable and requires the room to activate. Needs maintenance and cost every time a buff is reactivated.

• Rework each Barracks to look unique.

• Allow us to customize the stone monument in the middle of the Honor Hall.

• Allow us to spawn by default in the dojo rather than the orbiter.

• Dueling system reworked.

• Realistic movement just like in missions. No more teleports or sky walking. Show companions equipped by the other Tenno.

• Better color customization. Allow us to customize the color of decorations rather than just the room.

• New research lab and more items to research.

• Clan quests. Monthly / weekly / daily.

> Endo rewards.

> Rare mods.

> Orokin Reactor / Catalyst

> Forma

> Exilus Adapters

> Boss hunt.

> Rare materials.

• Upgraded clan ranks (not tiers). Possibly up to 20 with new perks.

• Builder friendly map. Allow us to know the height of buildings so we can better place rooms around the dojo.

• Special achievements. Clan titles, clan trophies and clan skins.

• Clan faction. Allow us to choose a specific faction for our clan and occupy maps / territories against others. This can be started off as PVE.

> 1 map area per clan.

> Occupying the different areas offer unique perks / rewards.

> To occupy the map, the clan needs to defeat a large raid boss after going through the different challenges to get there.

> Occupation is temporary and needs to be maintained after x duration.

———

If DE reworks PVP, I’d like to see it in different scales. From 4v4 to 8v8 and finally 16v16 if possible.

Smaller scale clan PVP uses Warframes against each other. Tactical terrain and so on.

Larger scale PVP uses special ships against each other.

Edited by Hestia23
PVP ideas.

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Clans are chat channels for like-minded individuals.

Yes, but that is hardly reason to have dojos and decorations and research. You can easily have chat channels by themselves or have a Discord channel. A chat channel hardly constitutes an organized clan.

19 minutes ago, Hestia23 said:

I concur. I’ll give my feedback in point form. 

• Foundry room in the Dojo.

• Orbiter Docks room and showcase random ships from clan members. Tenno can spawn just like in relays with the cut scene.

• Special clan buffs room. Upgradeable and requires the room to activate. Needs maintenance and cost every time a buff is reactivated.

• Rework each Barracks to look unique.

• Allow us to customize the stone monument in the middle of the Honor Hall.

• Allow us to spawn by default in the dojo rather than the orbiter.

• Dueling system reworked.

• Realistic movement just like in missions. No more teleports or sky walking. Show companions equipped by the other Tenno.

• Better color customization. Allow us to customize the color of decorations rather than just the room.

• New research lab and more items to research.

• Clan quests. Monthly / weekly / daily.

> Endo rewards.

> Rare mods.

> Orokin Reactor / Catalyst

> Forma

> Exilus Adapters

> Boss hunt.

> Rare materials.

• Upgraded clan ranks (not tiers). Possibly up to 20 with new perks.

• Builder friendly map. Allow us to know the height of buildings so we can better place rooms around the dojo.

• Special achievements. Clan titles, clan trophies and clan skins.

• Clan faction. Allow us to choose a specific faction for our clan and occupy maps / territories against others. This can be started off as PVE.

> 1 map area per clan.

> Occupying the different areas offer unique perks / rewards.

> To occupy the map, the clan needs to defeat a large raid boss after going through the different challenges to get there.

> Occupation is temporary and needs to be maintained after x duration.

———

If DE reworks PVP, I’d like to see it in different scales. From 4v4 to 8v8 and finally 16v16 if possible.

Smaller scale clan PVP uses Warframes against each other. Tactical terrain and so on.

Larger scale PVP uses special ships against each other.

Mind if I add this to the original post? I’m going to start a wishlist. We can hammer through and explain each point and maybe DE will take notice.

Edited by Essephex

After waking up and reading once more...

9 часов назад, Essephex сказал:

Players should be able to toggle an option to spawn in their dojo by default.

2 часа назад, Hestia23 сказал:

Allow us to spawn by default in the dojo rather than the orbiter.

Yes, please. But that will present us with another issue - what to do with all that fancy customisation we made in our orbiters? Minor one for me, but probably will be a huge no-no for a lot of people.

3 часа назад, Hestia23 сказал:

Allow us to customize the stone monument in the middle of the Honor Hall.

This should happen in the name of the Void! 

Better color customization. Allow us to customize the color of decorations rather than just the room.

Light cones always being yellow are the bane of my existence at this point. Also stuff like buildable walls, those should follow room coloring, otherwise I'm forced to color rooms in colors of decorations and that seems a bit counterproductive.

Builder friendly map. Allow us to know the height of buildings so we can better place rooms around the dojo.

Yup, I'm trying to warp my head around the idea of where to put that hangar for railjak once it goes live. Cause most likely it will be colliding with other stuff with the dojo layout we have now.

And while we are at it. Make halls not requiring other halls to be built. I apologise if that was done already, but I don't remember seeing this anywhere in changelogs, also I don't want to check by rebuilding all the stuff once again just for the sake of experiment. Like the month of rebuilding will be required.

Clan faction. Allow us to choose a specific faction for our clan and occupy maps / territories against others. This can be started off as PVE.

Once upon a time this was a reality. Dark sectors were introduced exactly like this. A mix of PvE/PvP with clans/alliances fighting to have control over those sectors for glory and maybe profit (e.g. taxes on credits and resources, which everyone just set to 0% anyways). The remnants of this can be found in orokin lab. I remember at least 2 iterations of this before the whole idea got dumped. Very very very hard to implement correctly.

I don't mind the ability to place dojo over a particular planet for some flavor and/or minor benefit. But no fighting over nodes please, this will be as unbalanced as first dark sector wars were. Not to mention that thematically it wouldn't fit warframe's narrative. Why should we actively to try and organize a civil war in the face of a gazzilion units strong Sentient army going our way again? It was hard last time, it will be harder now, especially when I can't really trust that tenno from the clan we just screwed over a sweet rubedo mine to cover my back.

All and all large scale clan pvp will in most cases just screw over smaller clans just in terms of numbers. No matter how good players from that 3-4 people clan are, they wouldn't be able to fight off like 100 people from another clan. Balancing nightmare. I would like to have some sort of mass pvp, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut for the love of the Void and Clem don't bring clan warfare here.

What about silly additions to go along with a general overhaul? Like, Kubrow and Kavat tournaments? CATCH!

Or perhaps, more seriously, pet training. To go along with mods, training up the base stats of your CUTE DOGGOS. Could have facilities for that in the Dojo.

Edited by Essephex