Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It looks like "with friend" modifier is staying for Nightwave 2 and thats kinda unfair

Meesha_Eko

I'll give you one more reason why: due to some technical difficulties I cannot join premade squads - game fails that action. So I cannot join clanmates or aliencemates or random people with whom I'd have to agree to befriend each other beforehand. Now this would prevent me from getting substantial amount of limited Nightwave standing through no fault of my own. "Substancial" because with changes individual acts will also have "more weight" ("less is more")

A lot has been said on this issue but it seems wasn't heard. It kinda bums me out - a feeling I almost never had through my years playing warframe (though some other aspects of Nightwave are adding to it as well). It also feels like game is telling you: "Look at Jack - he has friends and gets the rewards! And you don't!" 🙂 Though it has nothing to do with having friends of course. It's an artifitial gameplay restriction that locks content from players for no good reason. It really doesn't add an incentive to play with friends or join clans: the stronger incentives are already there.

I hope I am wrong and this weird modifier will go away, but upcoming changes, discussed on Devstream, include:

• Clan Acts will also include Alliance members.

Which likely solves nothing for players who had trouble with "friend or clanmate" requirement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Meesha_Eko said:

due to some technical difficulties I cannot join premade squads - game fails that action.

Why not just fix this issue?

Provided you can get into a public group you might be able to accept friend requests. So, that might work.

• I am not sure if you can. 

Personally, I like the with friend/clan mate Nightwave missions. Most of them are easy to solo, it is a nice change having to do a mission with someone else.

Edited by krc473

3 minutes ago, OmegaZero said:

you can submit and accept friend requests mid-mission

But wheres the challenge? If its worth 5k standing, half a freaking rank, it should at least be more difficult than "just play with a friend". Hell, I'll solo profit taker without dying or using restores for 5k standing yet they insist I jump in recruit chat and go "LF friend for nightwave"? No thanks, give me a real challenge.

• Like 1

4 часа назад, krc473 сказал:

Why not just fix this issue?

Because I can't? Checked everything I could, sent support ticket, I still don't know what's the cause, It might be on my net-provider's part or it might even be warframe issue - I've seen other people reporting it.

4 часа назад, krc473 сказал:

it is a nice change having to do a mission with someone else

I don't understand this argument. Nothing is preventing you from playing missions with someone else anytime you want. If you don't have a technical issue like mine. Removing "with friend" modifier harms no one, while benefiting many.

Other day I was in a Pub group sortie

and afterwards, someone was surprised to notice it had unlocked his 'with friend sortie'

turns out one of the other randoms was in the same Alliance as him, and that apparently counts.

totally public matchmaking

So there you go OP, there's hope for you. Join a big alliance then just keep jumping into Sortie3 at peak hours, maybe you'll get lucky.

1 minute ago, Meesha_Eko said:

Because I can't? Checked everything I could, sent support ticket, I still don't know what's the cause, It might be on my net-provider's part or it might even be warframe issue - I've seen other people reporting it.

Have you made a post on the forums providing the correct information to see if anyone has some suggestions? I assume your firewall is setup correctly, and that you have done Port Forwarding (router options) too.

2 minutes ago, Meesha_Eko said:

don't understand this argument. Nothing is preventing you from playing missions with someone else anytime you want.

Most of the missions adding a friend is pointless. How does a friend help with catching fish, or mining ores? Then I find that the do X number of missions are just quicker to do solo. This is mostly due to when my friends and I actually end up playing together. Having a mission that says "play with your friends" forces this, so it is better. Sure, it could be done without a friend anyway, but it is more fun to do a 60 minute survival with a friend.

• If DE actually gave us sensible NW challenges then I might change my mind (this is a different topic though, so wont go into it here). But as it stands most of them are just silly 'fetch' items, or waste your time doing missions you get nothing for doing.

8 minutes ago, xKobronicx said:

But wheres the challenge?

does it have to be challenging? I mean I know it's elite but that's a positioning problem at best, not innate to the actual act 

with a friend is simply a communication opportunity, ice breaker, conversation starter, whatever you wanna call it. imo it has a place but I agree it's not really elite. doing the PT is the elite part of this challenge imo 

I'd say that the whole 'With Friend' modifier

might work out better if they changed it to 'With Squad Chat Enabled' (either mic or text)

Because honestly, if they want me to be social in WF, that's the biggest barrier.

I keep my voice chat setting turned off because Too Many Squeakers. and My text ignore list is probably well into the hundreds now....

Just the simplest thing as going into a Spy mission and having each person call out 'I got A' 'B' 'C here'

would represent far more cooperation and socialization than any of the current 'with 1-time-use friend' modifier is doing...

22 минуты назад, (PS4)haphazardlynamed сказал:

might work out better if they changed it to 'With Squad Chat Enabled' (either mic or text)

Now thats an interesting idea! Have "while being social" instead of "with friend". And the requirement would be "saying something in chat". I imagine people would start a mission saying nice things like "Hey, how are you doing?" or ending it with "GG, thanks for the run". I may be a little naive...

I see disagrement so I'll try another suggestion: how about removing "with friend" as a requirement and adding it as a "bonus standing modifier"? Like the ones in Venus Bounties. Balance bonus amounts so this bonus is not required either - just makes it easier to get rewards faster.

While on that thought, it probably could improve other challenges too. How about "30 minutes survival" + bonus "for going 60"

2 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

This cannot possibly work. On PC anyway you get Squad Chat as soon as you enter a mission. It does not matter if you have people with you or not. 

2 hours ago, Meesha_Eko said:

And the requirement would be "saying something in chat".

You do not need a squad for this. That would be the problem. This idea simply can never work.

Spoiler

Here is an example. No one was with me at any point (this is the start of the mission) and I can talk in squad chat.

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Meesha_Eko said:

I see disagrement so I'll try another suggestion: how about removing "with friend" as a requirement and adding it as a "bonus standing modifier"?

I would approve of bonus modifiers. An optional 'with friend' for double points or something would work fine for me. (Double is just an example) It gives an excuse to do the missions with friends. Sure, it would technically penalise those that could not do it. But at least they can still finish the challenge. 

6 минут назад, krc473 сказал:

You do not need a squad for this. That would be the problem. This idea simply can never work.

Let it be "saying something in chat with other people in squad", just not restict those people to be friends or clanmates. Or here is even funnier one: "say something in chat and get a response" 😄 Lets call it "while maintainig conversation" challenge.

I still don't quite get what was developers' idea behind "with friends", might as well be this 😏

6 minutes ago, Meesha_Eko said:

Lets call it "while maintainig conversation" challenge.

So, Warframe's endgame would be 'convincing people to reply'? Sounds like fun. I don't object to silly little challenges like this.

The reason the game incentives social bonding is for player retention, that should be common knowledge imo. That some people need help to socialize is a bit perplexing for me anyway the game already is strongly rewarding group play on many fronts, why has it to be on something like nightwave as well?